• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, Howard tells Rockets he wants a 3rd superstar?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
errrrr, she fucking up then. How many coaches does she have to let Short Buss hire and fire before she does the right thing?

Imagine this, PJ is over there just keeping his mouth shut "Baby, do what you feel is right"

"Phil that isn't helping, he is my fucking brother, with out this gig he would be unemployed robbing dumpsters with that douche bag Chaz for fucks sake!!"

"...and I am just saying I will support you no matter what you choose"

Do we really think she would hire PJ as GM? We know he is a GOAT coach and I have to assume he can GM the pants off most right? Hiring PJ as GM and firing after firing your brother is Jerry Buss type win shit, if Jeanie does that I think we know the talent only missed half this generation and I will be hard pressed not to root for the Lakers, even with Kobe on the roster.

I rely on you for that but if it involves trading Lin then win win for Rockets, except I agree with the probable chemistry issues.

I doubt she would hire Phil as GM!! Mitch does a fine job as GM when he is allowed to just do his job!! Also, I don't think it's quite as simple as Jeannie just saying: "Short Buss, you're out!!" There would be a process that would need to take place. Not sure what the process is though!!

Jeannie seems pretty classy too. I would think that she would look for a way to "marginalize" Jim's influence without putting him or the organization through the embarrassment of a very public ouster!!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win, win win if they can find the right 3rd team. It would have to be somebody who thinks they are close and who needs a big. Wizards maybe?

hmmmm...who needs a big and is close to winning a ring next year....hmmmm :D

Jeannie seems pretty classy too. I would think that she would look for a way to "marginalize" Jim's influence without putting him or the organization through the embarrassment of a very public ouster!!

Ok, so Mitch K is the GM, he has been for years? He was great and now he randomly starts hiring and firing coaches and talent scouts to hire Short Buss's high school jeger bomb buddies? (Lets be honest, no way they went to college :D)

And yes ok, well I hold off on rooting for those Lakers for a while then :D

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Miami doesn't have the cap space to trade for Bogut. Good try though, that would be sick

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, so Mitch K is the GM, he has been for years? He was great and now he randomly starts hiring and firing coaches and talent scouts to hire Short Buss's high school jeger bomb buddies? (Lets be honest, no way they went to college :D)

And yes ok, well I hold off on rooting for those Lakers for a while then :D

Yes, Mitch has been the GM for years. He was assistant GM for years learning under Jerry West!! When Jerry West left Mitch became GM. The beauty of Dr. Buss as the owner was that he was pretty hands off!! He believed in hiring "basketball people" and letting them do their jobs.

When Short Buss took over the basketball operations, he wanted to put his fingerprints on the organization. He also had some kind of beef with Phil. That's why after Phil left, he pretty much got rid of anything and everything Phil and "triangle offense" related. When Mike Brown was hired, Mitch wanted Brian Shaw. When D'Antoni was hired, Mitch wanted Phil. Heck, the Lakers held on to Bynum for as long as they did because he was the guy Short Buss wanted.

I've joked in the past about Short Buss having pictures of the Lakers championship teams since 2000 with Phil cut out of them!!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami doesn't have the cap space to trade for Bogut. Good try though, that would be sick

we would "give up" wade...? :D

cant we trade if it will lower our cap? Like if we send mike miller, UD, Battier and Anthony that should lower our costs....

then just sign Howard to 4 extra roster spots, RANGZ!! LOL

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YThe beauty of Dr. Buss as the owner was that he was pretty hands off!! He believed in hiring "basketball people" and letting them do their jobs.

Thank you for clearing that all up.

And Buss was a genius that way. That is why I think the Nets will be successful. Business people get it, sports fans hire D'Anotini and guys named Chaz. Cuban can break down film and make Bayless look really dumb but Nelson is making the real decisions.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at picks with out phil !!!!

solid douche

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for clearing that all up.

And Buss was a genius that way. That is why I think the Nets will be successful. Business people get it, sports fans hire D'Anotini and guys named Chaz. Cuban can break down film and make Bayless look really dumb but Nelson is making the real decisions.

That's why so many Laker fans are hoping that either Short Buss figures out that he isn't the "basketball mind" that he thinks he is or that Jeannie eventually takes over the basketball side. She tends to be much more like her father in how she operates!!

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we would "give up" wade...? :D

cant we trade if it will lower our cap? Like if we send mike miller, UD, Battier and Anthony that should lower our costs....

then just sign Howard to 4 extra roster spots, RANGZ!! LOL

Ok.....your Heat fan/bandwagon card is revoked for wanting to trade Wade. If you know anything about Miami , they're not going to give up UD considering he took less money to stay in Miami. Miami's ownership is about loyalty, and trading away players from a 2-time title team who left money on the table has a bad affect on your reputation amongst players around the league.

Plus, teams have to agree to take on these players. UD is getting old, Miller seems to be in the last years of his career, and Anthony is very limited on offense.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant spoke to Dwight Howard on Tuesday, his words to the free-agent center resounded an unmistakable and unflinching message: Let me teach you how to be a champion.

"You need to learn how it's done first, and I can teach you here," Bryant told Howard during the Lakers' presentation, witnesses in the room described to Yahoo! Sports.

Bryant, a five-time NBA champion, insisted he wouldn't retreat in pushing Howard every day, that as much as the Lakers needed Howard, Howard needed Bryant and the Lakers, too.

"You have to learn how it's done," Bryant told Howard, witnesses described. "I know how to do it and I've learned from the best – players who have won multiple times over and over."
"Instead of trying to do things your way, just listen and learn and tweak it, so it fits you," Bryant told him.

Y! SPORTS

:L

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks probably offered Dwight a GI Joe doll and an empty crackerjack box. They'll never get him.

Mavs or Rockets look like the most likely candidates right now.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant spoke to Dwight Howard on Tuesday, his words to the free-agent center resounded an unmistakable and unflinching message: Let me teach you how to be a champion.

"You need to learn how it's done first, and I can teach you here," Bryant told Howard during the Lakers' presentation, witnesses in the room described to Yahoo! Sports.

Bryant, a five-time NBA champion, insisted he wouldn't retreat in pushing Howard every day, that as much as the Lakers needed Howard, Howard needed Bryant and the Lakers, too.

"You have to learn how it's done," Bryant told Howard, witnesses described. "I know how to do it and I've learned from the best – players who have won multiple times over and over."
"Instead of trying to do things your way, just listen and learn and tweak it, so it fits you," Bryant told him.

Y! SPORTS

Well, Bye-bye Dwight! That is exactly what Dwight doesn't want to hear.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks probably offered Dwight a GI Joe doll and an empty crackerjack box. They'll never get him.

Mavs or Rockets look like the most likely candidates right now.
If only they would have splurged and bought the Joe with the "Kung Fu grip"

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Y! SPORTS

:laugh3: :L

Somebody please teach Kobe how to talk to people you need on your team. Lets hope this witness is exaggerating trying to make Kobe look tough. You never pump yourself up when trying to make someone else feel at ease about a decision. I would have loved to see the faces of everyone in the room when he dropped that gem.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Let me teach you Dwight how to shoot 25% in game 7's of the Finals and 40% in all the other Finals games."

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.....your Heat fan/bandwagon card is revoked for wanting to trade Wade. If you know anything about Miami , they're not going to give up UD considering he took less money to stay in Miami. Miami's ownership is about loyalty, and trading away players from a 2-time title team who left money on the table has a bad affect on your reputation amongst players around the league.

Plus, teams have to agree to take on these players. UD is getting old, Miller seems to be in the last years of his career, and Anthony is very limited on offense.

I have always been about 1 thing, winning and great basketball. 2 things :D

As a GM the only thing that would keep me from trading Wade is the reputation it may cause around the league in trying to acquire other players. That will be forgotten when I 7pete though. Just think what players would line up at my door when they see what I will do to win? I will get the players who are committed to just one thing, WINNING! Dwight types would not dream to look at my logo, I would get Kobe and MJ so I guess you take the bad with the good. :D

You win a ring and everyone forgets how you did it. You win 3+ and you can piss on ashes of living popes and people will praise you for it.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if Dwight stays haha.