• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, how 'bout that Kevin Love trade?

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this isn't the Timberwolves board, and I have never really followed the NBA or the Wolves much, but since there's at least some traffic here I figured I'd post this here rather than the T-Wolves board, which looks pretty empty.

Personally, I was excited about it. The team was obviously never going to do much with Love anyway unless things seriously changed, like another legit superstar talent were brought in, and we all knew that wasn't going to happen. It sucks seeing our crappy NBA team's most recent star force his way out (after the Kevin Garnett trade before it) force his way out of Minnesota, and I'm still not convinced that Andrew Wiggins / Anthony Bennett / Rubio / Zach LaVine are necessarily going to turn us into legit title contenders, but it's as hopeful as we could have been in a very long time. For the first time in a long time, it feels like Minnesota might finally have a chance at brewing up a group of young guys to be title contenders at some point - now the key is actually having it work out and winning so they don't want to leave in their primes (assuming they turn out to be good, which Wiggins and LaVine both look pretty promising, but we'll see).

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:sigh:

I'm so tired of all my teams being developmental leagues! Look at how many players start doing well when they leave the Vikes! Now the Twolves! Not to mention some of my other loves :L

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:sigh:

I'm so tired of all my teams being developmental leagues! Look at how many players start doing well when they leave the Vikes! Now the Twolves! Not to mention some of my other loves :L

I had no idea you cared about any Minnesota teams besides the Vikings, but cool. Yeah it sucks, but the Wolves have always been this way. The small market factor hasn't done the Vikes many favors over the years, but in the NBA, it seems to be a much bigger deal to players than in the NFL. The Wolves simply need to find a way to start winning more if they want any of their best players, let lone all-star talents stick around. The Bikes on the other hand have been a fairly successful franchise, especially in comparison to the Timberwolves, aside from not having a title either. So the Vikes aren't viewed entirely as the small market dump that he Wolves are by free agents.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still mad about how good Darrell Bevell's plays looked the other night :L

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know this isn't the Timberwolves board, and I have never really followed the NBA or the Wolves much, but since there's at least some traffic here I figured I'd post this here rather than the T-Wolves board, which looks pretty empty.

Personally, I was excited about it. The team was obviously never going to do much with Love anyway unless things seriously changed, like another legit superstar talent were brought in, and we all knew that wasn't going to happen. It sucks seeing our crappy NBA team's most recent star force his way out (after the Kevin Garnett trade before it) force his way out of Minnesota, and I'm still not convinced that Andrew Wiggins / Anthony Bennett / Rubio / Zach LaVine are necessarily going to turn us into legit title contenders, but it's as hopeful as we could have been in a very long time. For the first time in a long time, it feels like Minnesota might finally have a chance at brewing up a group of young guys to be title contenders at some point - now the key is actually having it work out and winning so they don't want to leave in their primes (assuming they turn out to be good, which Wiggins and LaVine both look pretty promising, but we'll see).

Who dey? Timber whats? That an AFC expansion team? ;)