• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So currently..... who is your guy?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1507850_10152230367146675_363853235_n_zps03b61082.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Now that's a sign that will go up on my desk at the Office :):suds:

Pencil Sharpener

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going Pryor with the 1st pick over Ha HA because of the injury to his ACL. Only way I take HA Ha is if he runs like a sub 4.4 40 and kills it at the combine. I think there are questions about his character to. That's 2 red flags on him.

What questions about his character.....if you can't link a legit story then you are just flaming. Also speed is far from everything at this level, you sound like Al fucking Davis (may he RIP). He is already going to play 15 yards off the LOS.....he is always in good to great position as to it pertains to ball in the air..........he could run a 4.6 or a 4.7 for all I care

Pencil Sharpener

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am torn between safety and DL, I go back and forth on this every day it seems............

Really the trend is ( and I am not saying do what everyone else does) to have at least one DE who can slide inside and play there on obvious passing situations. Hell even the Rams should take Clowney over any OT at #2, They can slide Long inside and would be stupid to not do this. They have the foreskins picks next year and that pick to will be closer to the 2014 draft instead of the 2013 draft. Plus they can package their two #1s next year and move up.....

Any way back to Dallas, we should really have Donald and Ealy at the top of our board as far as DL. Two guys who can play DE and go inside when need be. Getting off of the field 20-30 more times this upcoming season compared to last season is the difference between .500 (Again if we stay healthy) and being above .500

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am torn between safety and DL, I go back and forth on this every day it seems............

Really the trend is ( and I am not saying do what everyone else does) to have at least one DE who can slide inside and play there on obvious passing situations. Hell even the Rams should take Clowney over any OT at #2, They can slide Long inside and would be stupid to not do this. They have the foreskins picks next year and that pick to will be closer to the 2014 draft instead of the 2013 draft. Plus they can package their two #1s next year and move up.....

Any way back to Dallas, we should really have Donald and Ealy at the top of our board as far as DL. Two guys who can play DE and go inside when need be. Getting off of the field 20-30 more times this upcoming season compared to last season is the difference between .500 (Again if we stay healthy) and being above .500

I'm torn also. I want safety, but get the huge need at DL also. I know all of Donald's strengths, but I wonder if he is a better pick than the 3 or so other DL that might be there. He seems to be this years guy that everyone here grabs onto and overrates a little. I'm still thinking Hageman, Ealy or Jernigan would be better picks. If we get two 2014 starters out of this draft (presumably picks one and two) I'll be very happy regardless of which position they are. Throw in some depth guys and things will be turning up. We've been doing good on our early picks lately, but need to do a lot better on the later picks also.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. When you said you heard about THEM talking about JJ trading down I thought you were saying something more than a scenario.

This draft has more to do with the 2nd round. By this I'm saying our two biggest needs are S and DT. This draft is deep with both. What we need to look at is which of the two have better 2nd rd talent. I think S does therefor I prefer a DT in the 1st. I think a few of the 2nd rd S are very close to the 1st rounders. 2nd rd DTs are two just that I think the gap is slightly bigger. Jerry will have to really try hard if he wants to fuck this draft up.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What questions about his character.....if you can't link a legit story then you are just flaming. Also speed is far from everything at this level, you sound like Al fucking Davis (may he RIP). He is already going to play 15 yards off the LOS.....he is always in good to great position as to it pertains to ball in the air..........he could run a 4.6 or a 4.7 for all I care

I could have mad my argument more clearly Ill give you that.....My issue isn't his speed at all it's the ACL injury. Don't we have enough guys we only get half a season from? Any way as for his character issues go I recall reading something about his character that left me with some question marks, it might have just been maturity issues. I don't remember. I don't have a link, but if you wait a week or two the combine will be starting and all those questions will be answered. So in the mean time cool out a little bit.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft has more to do with the 2nd round. By this I'm saying our two biggest needs are S and DT. This draft is deep with both. What we need to look at is which of the two have better 2nd rd talent. I think S does therefor I prefer a DT in the 1st. I think a few of the 2nd rd S are very close to the 1st rounders. 2nd rd DTs are two just that I think the gap is slightly bigger. Jerry will have to really try hard if he wants to fuck this draft up.

WOW we see this draft different ....
I only see 3 safeties at the pro level .... and one of those three.... there goes alot of hope for his potential.
Just to me .... luckily there aren't alot of teams that consider safety their #1 priority this year. ( Us the Rams and Washington)
That said I think we can grab one of those 3 and can take BPA ( DT or safety) in the 1st

Lineman are what is really deep in this draft

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only see 3 safeties at the pro level .... and one of those three.... there goes alot of hope for his potential.
Just to me .... luckily there aren't alot of teams that consider safety their #1 priority this year. ( Us the Rams and Washington)
That said I think we can grab one of those 3 and can take BPA ( DT or safety) in the 1st

:agree: As far as Safties go. So I think Safety should be the prioty, I do however think this is a deep draft for DL. Because of this I think Jerry if he stays in his current spot has a chance to make some solid picks.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask this question on DT mainly but DL.

Seems teams finds Gem in the late rounds all the time (not talking HOF but good starters)

Does anyone see any of those types in this years draft? (5th or later rounds)

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems teams finds Gem in the late rounds all the time (not talking HOF but good starters)

types by HOFers? or types by will be good and solid DL picks?

whoops misread

LOL and I dont think ANYONE sees a HOFer in the 5th round .... if they did he wouldn't go 5th round

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. I think you take the best player that helps you the most with your first pick. I think if you make your first picking lookng towards your second pick you are making a big mistake. Too much can happen when 32 teams pick between those picks. Could be a run on a position or teams could abandon a position. Plus we tend to group guys together and say we want one of these 3 or 4, but when the teams look at them closely they normally have one or two guys that they like a lot more than the others. You may see 5 or 6 DEs that make you happy, while the team may see 2 that are studs and a bunch more that they aren't comfortable with.

I will agree in one way though. I think if you can't get an impact player with pick #16 more often than not you don't belong in an NFL war room. So from that point of view getting an impact player in the second becomes important as it starts to get a little tougher. Seems the best we can do after round 3 is depth and special teams where as other teams are still finding those impact players. So we must hit on the first two or even three.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn also. I want safety, but get the huge need at DL also. I know all of Donald's strengths, but I wonder if he is a better pick than the 3 or so other DL that might be there. He seems to be this years guy that everyone here grabs onto and overrates a little. I'm still thinking Hageman, Ealy or Jernigan would be better picks. If we get two 2014 starters out of this draft (presumably picks one and two) I'll be very happy regardless of which position they are. Throw in some depth guys and things will be turning up. We've been doing good on our early picks lately, but need to do a lot better on the later picks also.

By the way, if I see Marinelli use the term "quick twitch" or talk about quickness as being the first, second and third most important traits the way Kiffin did I will change my comment about those guys being more likely picks than Donald and like I said the other day, I wouldn't be disappointed if we took him, I just think right now one of the others may be the pick if we go DL.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know many on here like haha dix. What some on here fail to realize this is a very weak safety class. I question if dix or pryor are even legit 1st rounders. I think combine numbers will show dix is too slow to be a great NFL safety. Pryor looks like the better prospect because he appears quicker,but even at that I am not seeing either as can't miss prospect. I see pros and cons on these DL guys as well. Donald has a tremendous 1st step and is very powerful for his size,but has short arms. Hagemin is raw and a project. Ealy is interesting but did not loight it up in college. Nix is more of a 3-4. NT. The DL guys I see with the highest potential to get better are Ealy and Tuitt. I also think Kareem Martin in the 2nd round would be a steal. I think we need to stay away from dix and pryor if they have slow 40 times. I would definitely take Joyner before Dix.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that I see a safety in this draft class that looks like a future pro bowler.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know that I see a safety in this draft class that looks like a future pro bowler.

That's great. However your opinion means squat to me.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I think you take the best player that helps you the most with your first pick. I think if you make your first picking lookng towards your second pick you are making a big mistake. Too much can happen when 32 teams pick between those picks. Could be a run on a position or teams could abandon a position. Plus we tend to group guys together and say we want one of these 3 or 4, but when the teams look at them closely they normally have one or two guys that they like a lot more than the others. You may see 5 or 6 DEs that make you happy, while the team may see 2 that are studs and a bunch more that they aren't comfortable with.

I will agree in one way though. I think if you can't get an impact player with pick #16 more often than not you don't belong in an NFL war room. So from that point of view getting an impact player in the second becomes important as it starts to get a little tougher. Seems the best we can do after round 3 is depth and special teams where as other teams are still finding those impact players. So we must hit on the first two or even three.

My saying the 2nd Rd is key is because in the first only an idiot couldn't find a true starting NFL DT or S. That's why I see the 2nd as key. I'd do much homework to see who is going to be available in the 2nd. If the 2nd has more starting DT's I'd take a S in the 1st. Or vise versa if there should be more S in the 2nd. In most drafts I wouldn't even consider this approach.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf dude I was being funny?

Im sorry .... I feel no need in my life to cry about the same shit over and over

Ignoring? How the fuck are you a Cowboys fan and ignore Jerry being he owner?

Is your crying gonna get us a new owner? Fuck no .....

So sorry but if you get mad over a joke ... make yourself a milk and wish sandwich ..... Shit in Dallas isnt changing over night ...... and im not gonna spend 30 years crying about it daily

my bad, should have realize. my apologies

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My saying the 2nd Rd is key is because in the first only an idiot couldn't find a true starting NFL DT or S. That's why I see the 2nd as key. I'd do much homework to see who is going to be available in the 2nd. If the 2nd has more starting DT's I'd take a S in the 1st. Or vise versa if there should be more S in the 2nd. In most drafts I wouldn't even consider this approach.

Manster do the names Shante Carver and Ebenezer Ekuban mean anything ?

just saying hopefully Jerry has better advice on the draft this year than back then

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've started to look into this draft lately, looking for guys that are underrated. IMO, Aaron Lynch (DE) from USF (Bulls) may be one to watch. Most sites I look at don't have him rated in the top half of the draft. Kid started for ND, graduated early out of Florida HS. Was nominated first team All-Freshman. Transfered out after 1 year, after what coach Brian Kelly cited as not being able to put his whole heart into being at ND. This year, didn't have a great set of stats to back up what he did, but was still nominated first team all-conference, albeit in a smaller pond.
To me, it seems like he may have gotten home sick or had enough of the student part of student athlete at ND. Coach Kelly didn't believe it had anything to do with geography as that was brought up in the press conference. He played heavier at ND (upwards of 275) compared to roughly 240 at USF. He's tall, 6'6" and has long arms. After watching a few games when he was at ND, you could tell he's got a quick first step, has some wiggle to get through and past blockers, just didn't have speed to go around the edge. Reminds me a lot of young Jason Hatcher. Looks strong enough to hold up to double teams, just not quick enough to be a true NFL DE. May be a canidate to grow into a 3 tech at the pro level. Regardless, he will likely not start for anyone this year. But may be a keeper for years to come.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manster do the names Shante Carver and Ebenezer Ekuban mean anything ?

just saying hopefully Jerry has better advice on the draft this year than back then

Yes they were 1st Rd busts. By the way the mock experts had them as 1st rounders. Not sure what they have to do with me wondering what would be our better option in the 2nd. Hell we can take the very best option at any position in the 1st and he can bust. Clouney can fall to us and he could be a bust. There's also a chance we take the best S or DT in the 2st and by the time we're back on the board there could be no DT or S worth our pick available. Draft is a 3 day game of craps.