• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smallwood and Funchess

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team is really messing with my head, LOL...not really. SO I am 0-3 in a 10 team PPR. Just not a good start, and seem to be facing someone on the other team who is blowing up (Gurley, Watkins, Hilton last week)......so what are you takes on Smallwood and Funchess (who was just dropped) as possible flex this week...here's my team.

QB- Siemian vs Oak
RB- Montgomery vs Chi
WR- OBJ vs Philly
WR- M.Thomas vs Mia
WR- Landry vs NO
WR/TE- Bryant vs Bal
TE: Ertz vs NYG
Flex- Smallwood.

Bench: Cam, Crow, Benjamin, Henry, Charles, Martin.

Is Funchess worth a Flex start vs NE IF Benjamin is out, or does anyone else feel Smallwood will have a better game this week. I would also have to drop someone to get Funchess unless they put Benji out for the game, then I a can move him to IR and grab Funchess....thoughts??

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think hard about picking up Funchess and dropping Charles. Starting him is a different story. Smallwood is going to be the third down back plus some in Philly until he gets hurt. With Philly playing the Giants this week I would guess Smallwood runs for about 75 yards and has 3 or 4 receptions for another 20 yards. My only question with Smallwood is how much do they give the ball to Blount, because the more Blount plays the less Smallwood plays.

While I wood pick up Funchess this week I would hold off on playing him against New England.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think hard about picking up Funchess and dropping Charles. Starting him is a different story. Smallwood is going to be the third down back plus some in Philly until he gets hurt. With Philly playing the Giants this week I would guess Smallwood runs for about 75 yards and has 3 or 4 receptions for another 20 yards. My only question with Smallwood is how much do they give the ball to Blount, because the more Blount plays the less Smallwood plays.

While I wood pick up Funchess this week I would hold off on playing him against New England.

Do I really want both Funchess and Benjamin on my team...maybe I can swing Benji for another piece?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Smallwood as the Flex. After Sproles got hurt, the played most of the game over Blount. I was watching the game and I personally thought Blount was running better but they still kept going with Smallwood. That indicated to me Philly has Blount locked into a specific role and still wants to use a back that catches passes the majority of the time. Smallwood is gonna get that work with Sproles done.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Smallwood as the Flex. After Sproles got hurt, the played most of the game over Blount. I was watching the game and I personally thought Blount was running better but they still kept going with Smallwood. That indicated to me Philly has Blount locked into a specific role and still wants to use a back that catches passes the majority of the time. Smallwood is gonna get that work with Sproles done.
:agree:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team is really messing with my head, LOL...not really. SO I am 0-3 in a 10 team PPR. Just not a good start, and seem to be facing someone on the other team who is blowing up (Gurley, Watkins, Hilton last week)......so what are you takes on Smallwood and Funchess (who was just dropped) as possible flex this week...here's my team.

QB- Siemian vs Oak
RB- Montgomery vs Chi
WR- OBJ vs Philly
WR- M.Thomas vs Mia
WR- Landry vs NO
WR/TE- Bryant vs Bal
TE: Ertz vs NYG
Flex- Smallwood.

Bench: Cam, Crow, Benjamin, Henry, Charles, Martin.

Is Funchess worth a Flex start vs NE IF Benjamin is out, or does anyone else feel Smallwood will have a better game this week. I would also have to drop someone to get Funchess unless they put Benji out for the game, then I a can move him to IR and grab Funchess....thoughts??

Not in my opinion. Funchess just threw a dud up at home vs the Saints.

I would start Charles or Crow over Smallwood.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id go with Smallwood...I think he is gonna really be looking at an increased role every week moving forward......Blount is a one dimensional back that is going to have weeks he gets completely stuffed...Smallwood can fill that Sproles role of a little bit of everything

I dont care how many guys get hurt on Carolina, bad WR's are just bad WR's and Funchess is one of them......With Cams' struggles and NE due to throw out a defensive effort, I wouldnt touch Funchess...I could see Mcaffrey and Samuel be the best players for Carolina on Sunday

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like smallwood or even charles with PPR formats over funchess
dude can't catch, cam struggling to throw with any accuracy, looks like a situation to avoid at this point in time.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with Benji looking healthy I am not gonna get Funchess...SO now I have Smallwood in my flex tossing between him, Crow, Charles..

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in my opinion. Funchess just threw a dud up at home vs the Saints.

I would start Charles or Crow over Smallwood.
i wouldnt its ppr, whose gonna get the catches in philly, smallword should get his normal touches, plus the sproles touches

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with Benji looking healthy I am not gonna get Funchess...SO now I have Smallwood in my flex tossing between him, Crow, Charles..

I'd also say run with Smallwood and see how things shake out in Philly
if he can get 8-10 carries and 4-5 rec on top of that, i think you will get a decent day out of him

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldnt its ppr, whose gonna get the catches in philly, smallword should get his normal touches, plus the sproles touches

I guess on paper that sounds right... I just foresee a Chargers beat down (which I guess opens up some comeback appeal for PPR), but, with Crow hurting, I wouldn't oppose Smallwood over Charles.... just wouldn't do it personally. JC looked good last week.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess on paper that sounds right... I just foresee a Chargers beat down (which I guess opens up some comeback appeal for PPR), but, with Crow hurting, I wouldn't oppose Smallwood over Charles.... just wouldn't do it personally. JC looked good last week.
They aren’t gonna turn that over to Charles

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren’t gonna turn that over to Charles

No. Not turn it over. 10-12 touches are pretty much guaranteed though. Not like Smallwood is guaranteed 15+

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going with Smallwood in my Flex this week. We know he will be involved in the game plan. Going to wait on Charles.

My biggest question is now Bryant vs Bal or Benji vs NE. Both seem boom or bust this week....