• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Slaton10's opinion of what makes a Coach successful......

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For you DANA hater's out there...how in the world could not want a coach who always is striving to make himself and the coach's and team around him better...anyway he can......

MORGANTOWN - When Dana Holgorsen first contacted Ron Crook, he was searching for a way to improve an offense that had been among the nation's best for years. Crook, serving as Stanford's tight ends coach at the time, felt his ears perk up at the opportunity to return to his home state of West Virginia.

Even more appealing, perhaps, was the conversation with the head coach that ultimately led to the two joining forces.

“One of the things that impressed me about [Holgorsen] was he said, ‘I felt like our style didn't give us a chance to play to the level we needed to play to and I think there are some things we need to change,'” Crook recalls from that first meeting. “I think I was excited that here's a head coach who has had a lot of success doing things a certain way, but has recognized there's something he wants to change and he's going out and doing it.”

The Dude checks his ego at the door...he assesses strengths and weaknesses and he really does his best to find the best solution to correct it!...and not give lip service......

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion of Dana is higher than it was at the season beginning. Ive seen improvement in his demeanor in terms of body language and in play on the field. Improvement has been noted. Now if special teams coverage would improve.... Hopefully in time.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just liked the tone he is not already set in his way's...still honestly critiquing what needs to happen going forward...never thinking what he knows is good enough...I love that!!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is changing and I think he wants to make WVU his home and his program. I for one have liked the changes he has made and I do think his hard work will pay off for us down the road.

What coach at WVU has faced more obstacles during their tenure? Attempted sabotage? Lack of talent on roster? Conference change? Let alone first coaching gig?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dana is a God!!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is changing and I think he wants to make WVU his home and his program. I for one have liked the changes he has made and I do think his hard work will pay off for us down the road.

What coach at WVU has faced more obstacles during their tenure? Attempted sabotage? Lack of talent on roster? Conference change? Let alone first coaching gig?

DCW...you summed it up perfectly...what Coach has come into the job the way he did and has been thrown the kitchen sink of turmoil at him..and has come out stronger from it...I maybe O'brien at Penn State?..and he took off at the first site of a better job!...I agree I think Dana has decided to make Wv home..