• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sjax now HD...gone!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn has rooled up his sleeves pretty quickly and the axe is falling out at Flowery Branch. Everyone expected Steven Jackson to be released, but Harry Douglas was a surprise.

$3.5mil is a lot for a 3rd WR, but he can be a #2 on most teams...I don't think it will take long for him to get signed.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see him go to Jacksonville. They could use a good slot receiver like Douglas. We have a lot of cap space. I believe about $32 million.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see him go to Jacksonville. They could use a good slot receiver like Douglas. We have a lot of cap space. I believe about $32 million.

JAX would be a good landing spot for him...I was thinking CAR myself. Pair him with Benjamin and Olsen and you have a pretty good trio.

Also noting Blaylock was cut loose on Fri as well...I kinda saw that one at least as a possibility only b/c he had a fairly cut friendly contract was making a lot of jack for G...Baker has to be shaking in his boots, but that would be a very expensive cut....probably the worse contract Dimitroff did there.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Harry Douglas ending up in New England. We also let Eric Weems go as well I think so this is telling us we're going to be making some sort of move for a WR soon. I can't imagine Hester is going to be picking up the slack in the slot. Before these moves were made I think Julio was the only receiver under 30 so we'll be going after someone younger. Cobb will be chasing some money but it would be interesting to see how much someone like Michael Crabtree would cost.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk that about Weems but I thought he was a FA anyway...Nick Williams was signed...he was with Shanny in WAS. I think they want a fairly cheap, but quick smaller slot.

FWIW...Quinn is on record saying he wants Spoon back, and he expects Julio to anchor the OFC...also I don't think they will be in the running for Suh...not significant, but interesting they let Massa go...I thought he had good potential as a depth DE.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Harry Douglas ending up in New England. We also let Eric Weems go as well I think so this is telling us we're going to be making some sort of move for a WR soon. I can't imagine Hester is going to be picking up the slack in the slot. Before these moves were made I think Julio was the only receiver under 30 so we'll be going after someone younger. Cobb will be chasing some money but it would be interesting to see how much someone like Michael Crabtree would cost.

Have you heard the latest on Spoon?

As of Friday, apparently he was going to stay on a 1 yr deal...today it's being reported that he's going to AZ on a 1 yr deal for under $4 mil...I don't get that...yeah, Spoon hasn't played much the last 2 yrs, but Warrilow, Shembo, and Bartu? Shembo has promise, but Warrilow is not a starter in this league and Bartu hasn't shown much either.

Maybe the target is a LB in FA.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you heard the latest on Spoon?

As of Friday, apparently he was going to stay on a 1 yr deal...today it's being reported that he's going to AZ on a 1 yr deal for under $4 mil...I don't get that...yeah, Spoon hasn't played much the last 2 yrs, but Warrilow, Shembo, and Bartu? Shembo has promise, but Warrilow is not a starter in this league and Bartu hasn't shown much either.

Maybe the target is a LB in FA.
I say we definitely need to sign Malcolm Smith now after Weatherspoon went to Arizona. In my opinion it was probably more Weatherspoon wanting to leave than the Falcons being readily willing to let him go. Spoon has been publicly upset with all of the recent cuts and that probably had a lot to do with that decision.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we definitely need to sign Malcolm Smith now after Weatherspoon went to Arizona. In my opinion it was probably more Weatherspoon wanting to leave than the Falcons being readily willing to let him go. Spoon has been publicly upset with all of the recent cuts and that probably had a lot to do with that decision.

I tend to agree...I read about his tweet after the HD deal...funny...it's out there that if HD doesn't land a #2 gig somewhere...he could be back. Well...with Pioli at the helm (sort of) they pretty much said that would not over spend for FAs so I'm not expecting a major "Tuesday" signing...probably let the dust settle for a day.

We shall see.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree...I read about his tweet after the HD deal...funny...it's out there that if HD doesn't land a #2 gig somewhere...he could be back. Well...with Pioli at the helm (sort of) they pretty much said that would not over spend for FAs so I'm not expecting a major "Tuesday" signing...probably let the dust settle for a day.

We shall see.
2015 free agency for the Falcons will probably mostly be about depth. We picked up an ILB today...I forget his name but he's nothing special.

edit: I'm just now reading that ATL is a front runner for Brian Orakpo.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 free agency for the Falcons will probably mostly be about depth. We picked up an ILB today...I forget his name but he's nothing special.

edit: I'm just now reading that ATL is a front runner for Brian Orakpo.

Orakpo is probably going to be the big splash I think, sports talk radio had a radio lady on from DC and she reported the same thing....not sure who the LB is, but I hear they're talking to a LB from the Texans. Lofton is now back on the market...can he come back? Maybe.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orakpo is probably going to be the big splash I think, sports talk radio had a radio lady on from DC and she reported the same thing....not sure who the LB is, but I hear they're talking to a LB from the Texans. Lofton is now back on the market...can he come back? Maybe.
Orakpo still kind of has the same problems as Weatherspoon. He has only played 24 games in the past 3 years and doesn't seem to show up against tough opponents. If ATL does land him I hope it's not an outrageous contract. I think Lofton burned his bridges in ATL...if we get Orakpo I think we still draft a LB in the 2nd regardless.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orakpo still kind of has the same problems as Weatherspoon. He has only played 24 games in the past 3 years and doesn't seem to show up against tough opponents. If ATL does land him I hope it's not an outrageous contract. I think Lofton burned his bridges in ATL...if we get Orakpo I think we still draft a LB in the 2nd regardless.

Bad pecs...it's definitely a gamble...Bruce Reed is the LB from the Texans.

One thing the FO is doing since Quinn was leaked and pissed off Blank...tough to get any info out of Flowery Branch today...local sports talk are working overtime, Leadbettor has nothing. We'll know tomorrow.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he said some things when he left, in response to the Falcons calling him a 2 down player...that's what he his...I think he knows that now...a lot of fans seem to want him back...local media...the bad tackling vs the run would get better immediately...remove him on passing downs...pay him 2 down player money.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing we're not even talking to Orakpo after all. That sucks since Peters is leaving.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, seems like any news that comes out about interest it gets pulled back a few hours later.

Here's who we've gotten so far:

Charles Godfrey (re-signed) for 1 year $1.5 million
Patrick DiMarco (re-signed) for 2 years $1.495 million

Here's what we've lost so far:

Sean Weatherspoon (Arizona) for 1 year $4 million
Corey Peters (Arizona) for 3 years $10.5 million

Around the division: Saints re-sign Mark Ingram and Parys Haralson. Bucs re-signed about 10 players (nobody worth noting though). Panthers re-sign Colin Cole, Ted Ginn Jr., and Dwan Edwards.

He's a wiki for all of the action around the league so far today.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, seems like any news that comes out about interest it gets pulled back a few hours later.

Here's who we've gotten so far:

Charles Godfrey (re-signed) for 1 year $1.5 million
Patrick DiMarco (re-signed) for 2 years $1.495 million

Here's what we've lost so far:

Sean Weatherspoon (Arizona) for 1 year $4 million
Corey Peters (Arizona) for 3 years $10.5 million

Around the division: Saints re-sign Mark Ingram and Parys Haralson. Bucs re-signed about 10 players (nobody worth noting though). Panthers re-sign Colin Cole, Ted Ginn Jr., and Dwan Edwards.

He's a wiki for all of the action around the league so far today.

HD to Titans...almost done.

NO trade Graham to SEA for Unger and the 31st pick...imo this changes the balance of power in the NFCS...Graham was clearly the biggest thorn in the Falcon's side.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HD to Titans...almost done.

NO trade Graham to SEA for Unger and the 31st pick...imo this changes the balance of power in the NFCS...Graham was clearly the biggest thorn in the Falcon's side.
I'm shocked NO would even think about getting rid of him. Is NO a contender anymore in this division after that move?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked NO would even think about getting rid of him. Is NO a contender anymore in this division after that move?

IMO, no....3rd...above TB.

Low key in ATL, but apparently one of this LBs is expected to start.