• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sims, Jones, Mosley, Palmer, Hilliard, Owens, and Leshoure.........

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got beat a lot even though many didn't result in sacks. He also seemed to have a lot of penalties late in the year although I have not seen any official numbers. He also got away with a lot of holding penalties that were not called. I am waiting to hear what the story is behind it first. He was always a solid performer and it does not make sense for him to drop off so fast at his age.

Conversely, you keep saying Raiola sucks, but he actually had a fine season. He was not sitting in Staffords lap every play for the first time in years and will probably grade out in the top half of NFL Centers. Still he is old now and we should have his replacement ready sooner rather than later.

A long shitty career is why he sucks. You don't get voted the worst player at your position and suddenly rise to prominence as a 10 year (or whatever it is) vet. He had to NFL starter worthy guards next to him this year. I'd like to see them have a NFL starting caliber center between them, sooner rather than later.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two questions: Why don't you think he played well this season? #2 What type of draft pick would we be looking at in exchange for a veteran gaurd who is being discussed as a good option to cut? (Ravioli fucking sucks, Sims is the only other guy with significant experience.)

Well, I suspect that about half of Lions fans couldn't even tell you his number. He's pretty much invisible unless he gets beat or you hear the number called on a penalty and the announcers tell you it was on Rob Sims (and the NYG penalty has nothing to do with my evaluation, I didn't even remember he had one until I saw your first post, and that's because he is absolutely invisible on the field).

I have never once heard the guys name called as someone who just pancaked a guy, or was leading the way out in front of a screen, etc,, etc. I am stunned at how quickly everyone wants to replace Raiola who had his best season ever as a pro after putting on the extra weight but seem to be in love with an expensive G (IMO the easiest position on the field to replace) who I cant fathom could be evaluated as anything other than very, very average. I already said that I don't think he sucks but I believe you could get very similar production from much cheaper options and use those cost savings to improve the team in a much higher need area. As a result the team would be better.

His worth on the trade market is a late round pick at best, no better than a 6th, probably a 7th. It's still better than nothing.

Sure, Sims has significant experience, so did Jon Kitna when we had him. That doesn't translate into value as a player and I happen to think what Sims offers is nothing more than a very average, middle of the pack NFL guard.

Are those of you who seem so opposed to the idea of not having him back arguing that point differently? I don't know how you could possibly make an argument placing him anywhere other than right dead smack in the middle.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this OLine blows Bush should get his HOF speech ready. 4.7 YPC with a line that blows is more than impressive. (Bell is only 3.9 but he's a scrub so that's not too shabby either.). Hitting the 1000 yard mark would be a bit of a milestone also. Is there anything Stafford does shittilly that you don't blame on the coaching staff?

That's how sad this fan base has become, bragging about a RB who doesn't even get 1000 yards. Also, pass blocking is totally the same as run blocking.

btw Lions 17th in total rushing. Average, at best.

no.1 in fumbles by a wide margin w 18. Yikes. Hard to fumble when you have a great O line.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with in the middle? I got to watch Peterman play gaurd for while, woulda loved for somewhere near the middle. (I've never thought of offensive lineman as names you want to hear much during games. Other than five penalties, two of which were last week, can't think of a time I heard Sims name. Raiola on the other hand, still snaps the ball when his quarterback isn't calling for it.). The problem I have is if you don't have Sims, you have a hole. We have six draft picks, needing to use another on a gaurd seems like it creates more of a personnel issue than the current situation.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with in the middle? I got to watch Peterman play gaurd for while, woulda loved for somewhere near the middle. (I've never thought of offensive lineman as names you want to hear much during games. Other than five penalties, two of which were last week, can't think of a time I heard Sims name. Raiola on the other hand, still snaps the ball when his quarterback isn't calling for it.). The problem I have is if you don't have Sims, you have a hole. We have six draft picks, needing to use another on a gaurd seems like it creates more of a personnel issue than the current situation.

IMO they need a new LG and C ASAP. Maybe even RT. Reiff and Warford are the only keepers I see out there.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how sad this fan base has become, bragging about a RB who doesn't even get 1000 yards. Also, pass blocking is totally the same as run blocking.

btw Lions 17th in total rushing. Average, at best.

no.1 in fumbles by a wide margin w 18. Yikes. Hard to fumble when you have a great O line.

Ohhhh, his fumbles are the lines fault? Just like Staffs picks? What a fucking joke.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with in the middle?

When you're QB is throwing it 601 times vs. approx. 370 attempts between your TWO RB's, and your QB is taking the fall, it's a problem. If the O line is so good and Bush's 4.7 YPC is so great, why do they insist on passing it twice as much, including 3rd and 1 every time!?!?!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhhh, his fumbles are the lines fault? Just like Staffs picks? What a fucking joke.

Good blocking = open lanes = running free = no fumbles. Hard to fumble when the O line is doing their job and opening up holes. Easy to fumble when you're dancing around linemen getting pushed back into you.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've noticed Bush likes to drop the ball right? The line can't block and carry at the same time. If this season hasn't been the best run blocking in a decade Id like to know when it was better.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good blocking = open lanes = running free = no fumbles. Hard to fumble when the O line is doing their job and opening up holes. Easy to fumble when you're dancing around linemen getting pushed back into you.

You're really reaching here IMO. Im trying to picture all of RBs fumbled, but I can't. I can think of an open field drop and two caused by linebackers right off the top of my head.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've noticed Bush likes to drop the ball right? The line can't block and carry at the same time. If this season hasn't been the best run blocking in a decade Id like to know when it was better.

Bush sucks too. He's a Nate clone. Diva who loves to talk, sucks on the field. Still, RB's don't fumble when they're running free.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're really reaching here IMO. Im trying to picture all of RBs fumbled, but I can't. I can think of an open field drop and two caused by linebackers right off the top of my head.

Well you being happy with an average O line and the worst coaching staff in sports in reaching IMO. To each their own. Give me a staff and an O line that doesn't pass block twice as much as run block then we can start judging the QB who's asked to basically do everything himself.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O-line was great at run blocking. Bush was fumbling often after he got to the 2nd level. Either way it's on Bush. I don't agree that the pass blocking was good. I don't know that it was bad either. I don't think they were fully tested in that department.

We blame Stafford for not throwing the ball away or taking the sack yet we want to use the O-lines lack of sacks given up as a plus to their pass blocking abilities.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bush fumbled plenty of times after busting through the line. Bad correlation there I'm afraid.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bush sucks too. He's a Nate clone. Diva who loves to talk, sucks on the field. Still, RB's don't fumble when they're running free.

Don't get me wrong, Bush was a liability almost as much as he was an asset. If he hadnt pulled up lame before the Eagles game I have no idea how much I'd hate him. But I only blame him for his fumbles. That fucker put it on the turf even more when he was with the Saints. Dudes a double edged sword.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you being happy with an average O line and the worst coaching staff in sports in reaching IMO. To each their own. Give me a staff and an O line that doesn't pass block twice as much as run block then we can start judging the QB who's asked to basically do everything himself.

Not really sure how they could be accused of being the worst coaching staff in sports. But Im going to happy when this period ends tomorrow. I don't hate Linehan. And I don't blame Schwartz for the turnovers. But you don't win a playoff game in five years.... You deserve to be fired. (Schwartz should of been fired last weekend. No head coach that gets eliminated from the playoffs, again, gets to be that much of an ass IMO). If Stafford completed a few more passes we probably wouldn't have seen as many passing attempts. A lot easier to run out the clock when you're running the ball than it is playing catch up on account of turnovers.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure how they could be accused of being the worst coaching staff in sports.

Pretty sure biggest loss % in a 5 year history by any pro franchise in any sport.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO they need a new LG and C ASAP. Maybe even RT. Reiff and Warford are the only keepers I see out there.

I think Waddell was pretty good too. He has more potential to be better as well. Not a huge ceiling but can definitely be one of the better RTs. He can also play both so that is a plus if Reiff gets hurt.