• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Simpson's lawyer

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notes: ESPN says Colts want to talk to Zimmer; Questions at WR

Thought this part of the story was funny:

Simpson’s lawyer told the paper that his client is not accused of selling marijuana and said that the word “trafficking,” can still be used in the indictment even if there is no proof of a sale because according to Kentucky law there was more than eight ounces in possession.

So let's see..... What's this mean. You have over 3 pounds of MJ at your house and you're not selling it. I suppose this could explain the guy's problem with NFL playbooks. LOL!

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine the amount of pork rinds he must be putting away?

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its fuckin sad either way!
dang.gif

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How far away is the nearest taco bell?

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares? It's not like he's hard to replace, and he's a free agent....fuck him.....sign a veteran....

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I remember right after the incident happened there were rumors of other Bengals being involved with Simpson. Reedy even addressed it on twitter...

If Simpson is potentially facing 5 yrs in prison he's ratting out everyone. let's hope those rumors weren't true

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember right after the incident happened there were rumors of other Bengals being involved with Simpson. Reedy even addressed it on twitter...

If Simpson is potentially facing 5 yrs in prison he's ratting out everyone. let's hope those rumors weren't true

If they were, anyone involved should be shown the door.....

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins was at the house with Simpson when police arrived, but he was released and found to have had no part in anything that was going on there. Wrong place, wrong time.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's true about Collins, but there were rumors of a dozen players with some level of involvement. if Simpson was in fact the person who had 3 lbs of pot delivered to his home, i wouldn't be suprised to hear he was "supplying" to other members of the team.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true about Collins, but there were rumors of a dozen players with some level of involvement. if Simpson was in fact the person who had 3 lbs of pot delivered to his home, i wouldn't be suprised to hear he was "supplying" to other members of the team.

It wouldn't be a big deal if he were selling quarterbags to other dudes on the team..... That's all misdemeanor stuff that's difficult to prove and not worth it to prosecute. So it's likely that it would never come up. If other guys were involved in trafficing large amounts of weed, that would be a different story. But, if this were the case, you would probably have heard about it by now. These guys aren't all that bright - If they were running a large operation, they'd be caught by now.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It wouldn't be a big deal if he were selling quarterbags to other dudes on the team..... That's all misdemeanor stuff that's difficult to prove and not worth it to prosecute. So it's likely that it would never come up. If other guys were involved in trafficing large amounts of weed, that would be a different story. But, if this were the case, you would probably have heard about it by now. These guys aren't all that bright - If they were running a large operation, they'd be caught by now.

I could see it leading to suspensions. if they're important players being suspended it could cost them the season...

given the magnitude of the charges, I don't think he can afford to be selective with the information he provides

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see it leading to suspensions. if they're important players being suspended it could cost them the season...

given the magnitude of the charges, I don't think he can afford to be selective with the information he provides

What I mean is that the feds aren't going to care about guys to which he sold less than an ounce of pot. It's a waste of their time to chase guys that are doing some recreational smoking. They'll want Simpson to provide names of guys that are bigger than him - The guys that are shipping and giving him the good stuff.

Since the feds won't be interested, it's hard to see how any guys that might have been buying will get charged. Without a charge and without a failed drug test, I don't think we'll see suspensions. It would literally be Jerome's word vs. his former teamates. If he ever wants to play another down in the NFL, he won't implicate a teamate.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like the cop on the side of the road with is radar. He's not looking for the guy going 8-12 over. He's looking for the guy going 18+

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What I mean is that the feds aren't going to care about guys to which he sold less than an ounce of pot. It's a waste of their time to chase guys that are doing some recreational smoking. They'll want Simpson to provide names of guys that are bigger than him - The guys that are shipping and giving him the good stuff.

Since the feds won't be interested, it's hard to see how any guys that might have been buying will get charged. Without a charge and without a failed drug test, I don't think we'll see suspensions. It would literally be Jerome's word vs. his former teamates. If he ever wants to play another down in the NFL, he won't implicate a teamate.

What if he was dealng to school kids. what if he was supplying local gangs etc.. That's probably information that investiagtors at some level (these charges are at state level I believe) will have an interest in finding out. I highly doubt he was doing anything that shady, but I think he'll have account for his shipment

I agree that they want to work their way up the food chain, but I do think that his dealings will be investigated..

if it involves a quarter of the Bengals roster it's not a good thing

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SnitchesGetStitches.jpg

daytonbenglfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, our buddy Jerome ought to think long and hard about who he decides to rat out. He might end up doing a flip off the Roebling Suspension bridge with cement shoes on if he crosses the wrong folks.