• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Siemian vs. Manning

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy how close Siemian's stats so far this year are to Manning's stats through 3 games last year.

Siemian: 67% completion percentage, 756 yards, 5 touchdowns, 3 interceptions.

Manning: 64% completion percentage, 755 yards, 5 touchdowns, 3 interceptions.

There are several reasons that the offense overall is performing much better this season than it was last season.

1. The interceptions haven't been as costly. Two of Manning's 3 interceptions at this point last year went back for touchdowns. Siemian has yet to throw a pick 6.

2. Sacks. Last year Manning had been sacked 8 times for 54 yards. Siemian has been sacked 4 times for 28 yards.

3. Rushing. This is the big one. Through 3 games last year, the Broncos had 171 rush yards. So far this year, they have 334.

Hopefully Siemian will continue to improve, and teams will not be able to just load up the box to stop the run and dare Siemian to beat them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy how close Siemian's stats so far this year are to Manning's stats through 3 games last year.

Siemian: 67% completion percentage, 756 yards, 5 touchdowns, 3 interceptions.

Manning: 64% completion percentage, 755 yards, 5 touchdowns, 3 interceptions.

There are several reasons that the offense overall is performing much better this season than it was last season.

1. The interceptions haven't been as costly. Two of Manning's 3 interceptions at this point last year went back for touchdowns. Siemian has yet to throw a pick 6.

2. Sacks. Last year Manning had been sacked 8 times for 54 yards. Siemian has been sacked 4 times for 28 yards.

3. Rushing. This is the big one. Through 3 games last year, the Broncos had 171 rush yards. So far this year, they have 334.

Hopefully Siemian will continue to improve, and teams will not be able to just load up the box to stop the run and dare Siemian to beat them.

All good stats. I will say that Siemian should have had a pick-6 against him but the guy pulled his hamstring running for the end zone. So got a bit of a lucky break I guess you would say on that.

The OL and run game to me are what separate this unit from last year. Teams really did not have to worry about our run game at this point last season. Where now teams are keying to try and stop it and hoping that our young QB makes some mistakes. Then you throw in the improvement of our OL over last year. Siemian was pressured the 3rd least of any QB in the NFL this past week. Even with some guys going down with injuries our depth has shown to hold up pretty well and our starters have been outstanding. So as long as our guys can stay relatively healthy we should see our offense take some nice steps in the right direction.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good stats. I will say that Siemian should have had a pick-6 against him but the guy pulled his hamstring running for the end zone. So got a bit of a lucky break I guess you would say on that.

The OL and run game to me are what separate this unit from last year. Teams really did not have to worry about our run game at this point last season. Where now teams are keying to try and stop it and hoping that our young QB makes some mistakes. Then you throw in the improvement of our OL over last year. Siemian was pressured the 3rd least of any QB in the NFL this past week. Even with some guys going down with injuries our depth has shown to hold up pretty well and our starters have been outstanding. So as long as our guys can stay relatively healthy we should see our offense take some nice steps in the right direction.
No doubt it was lucky that wasn't a pick 6. But it gave the defense a chance, and they responded by holding the colts to 3. That's a 4 point swing on a lucky break for Denver.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt it was lucky that wasn't a pick 6. But it gave the defense a chance, and they responded by holding the colts to 3. That's a 4 point swing on a lucky break for Denver.

This is what I love about the Broncos though. They do get some breaks but they actually take advantage of them. Such as our 1st game with having 3 turnovers. We only allowed them to score 1 touchdown where we got 1 turnover and turned that into a touchdown. So even with the 3 turnovers we still made it a 7-7 split on turnovers leading to points. WE don't let the bad breaks get us down and we take advantage of when the other team makes a mistake. In those close games that is how you come out on top most of the time and why we set an NFL record for most games won in a season where the game was decided by 7 points or less. Looks like we still have that type of ability this year with an even stronger offense.

Also I would just point to our 1 fumble this past week where we put them almost in field goal range. What do the Broncos do but get back to back sacks to take them out of field goal range. So when teams even think they have the upper hand the Broncos find ways of just demoralizing the opponent.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through last season it was obvious the Broncos are perhaps one of the most mentally tough teams to step foot on the field in recent years. Winning a Super Bowl only validates them and 3 games into this year that mental toughness continues. It's a beautiful thing to watch.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through last season it was obvious the Broncos are perhaps one of the most mentally tough teams to step foot on the field in recent years. Winning a Super Bowl only validates them and 3 games into this year that mental toughness continues. It's a beautiful thing to watch.

As I have said before there is a certain standard that has been set for this franchise and the great thing is these young guys coming in notice it and begin to fight to be a part of that. So while Manning and Ware were a bit part of establishing it here in Denver the great thing is I think it is something that will continue since the young guys are learning to have that same attitude. I love listening to Derek Wolfe talk about how he and other veterans just won't stand for these young guys walking around between drills or only going half speed. There is accountability among the players. They have taken ownership of what the coaches were wanting from them. And I love that they do have a time where the coaches step aside and let the veterans step in and help coach up the younger guys. Just all around the atmosphere that has been established helps this team to play at the level that they do.