• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Siemian named starter

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shocker after last weeks game.

But deny it all you want but we have a major QB problem in Denver right now.

When your 2nd year first round pick can't beat out your limited stop gap QB, it is never a good sign. You can deny it all you want, but it is a problem.

Here is hoping for the best for both guys as we go forward this season.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess early this year was Siemian would win the job. I think if our line is improved, we can likely expect some elevated play from Siemian and if the run game kicks in the offense as a unit may be adequate to get this team back into the playoffs. And let's not rule out any possibilities once that happens.

As for Lynch, I keep going back to the draft analysis that he was raw but had a tremendous upside. Just because he didn't earn the job this year, his second in the league and first in this offense, doesn't mean that upside isn't there. Everyone is ready to pull the plug on him already. I'm willing to see how he progresses. And if Siemian plays himself into the role of long term starter that's good for us as fans.

It's a good time to be a broncos fan!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess early this year was Siemian would win the job. I think if our line is improved, we can likely expect some elevated play from Siemian and if the run game kicks in the offense as a unit may be adequate to get this team back into the playoffs. And let's not rule out any possibilities once that happens.

As for Lynch, I keep going back to the draft analysis that he was raw but had a tremendous upside. Just because he didn't earn the job this year, his second in the league and first in this offense, doesn't mean that upside isn't there. Everyone is ready to pull the plug on him already. I'm willing to see how he progresses. And if Siemian plays himself into the role of long term starter that's good for us as fans.

It's a good time to be a broncos fan!
Exactly. Most fans should be more worried about O line and run game this season. If we see a repeat from last year, good luck Qb.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate the positive fans, but right now Paxton doesn't even have the basics down in year two. Not good. I am just bracing myself for a new QB search again next year. Because we need to take a mulligan on this one, sadly.

I think it is a time when fans need to be concerned about both the OL and the QB position. I'm very concerned about the run game, but more so because of the OL then our RB's. There is need for concern of both, not just 1.

To make things work you have to click on all cylinders and right about now our offense isn't looking like it is clickong on any cylinder. I really feel bad for DT and Manny. Hopefully they stay patient this year. (again)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as I didn't predict. Actually, the Broncos tried very hard to give Lynch the boast to take the job - he didn't get there this year (yet).

Personally - I think Lynch will have to go in for a stretch during the season - and will grow or die there.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Kyle Ort... I mean Trevor Siemian was named starter? Okay. Wake me after the 8-8 season.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Denver made several phone calls to teams requesting possible QB trades this morning before naming Siemian starter. Not good.

We can deny it all we want, but we done gone messed up at QB.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Denver made several phone calls to teams requesting possible QB trades this morning before naming Siemian starter. Not good.

We can deny it all we want, but we done gone messed up at QB.
The mess up was Lynch not being our QB
They wanted to microwave his progress last year so him not starting This year is huge

He may never get another chance with Denver. Who knows what next year will bring

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate the positive fans, but right now Paxton doesn't even have the basics down in year two. Not good. I am just bracing myself for a new QB search again next year. Because we need to take a mulligan on this one, sadly.

I think it is a time when fans need to be concerned about both the OL and the QB position. I'm very concerned about the run game, but more so because of the OL then our RB's. There is need for concern of both, not just 1.

To make things work you have to click on all cylinders and right about now our offense isn't looking like it is clickong on any cylinder. I really feel bad for DT and Manny. Hopefully they stay patient this year. (again)
The talent at rb is in good shape imo. Whether they get holes or get hit behind LoS consistently like last year is biggest concern. We haven't seen TS behind a good line yet. If they can run ball ( loosens D ) you just might get the TS we saw vs Cincy last year on a more regular basis. We'll see. :)

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway is not a good offensive evaluator when it comes to the draft. He's borderline terrible. He's a genius when it comes to the defensive side however

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The talent at rb is in good shape imo. Whether they get holes or get hit behind LoS consistently like last year is biggest concern. We haven't seen TS behind a good line yet. If they can run ball ( loosens D ) you just might get the TS we saw vs Cincy last year on a more regular basis. We'll see. :)

I dunno I was at the game in Cincy and Siemian under threw the ball a lot. Wasn't overally impressed with him that game by any means.

Either way.. I'd say 90% chance we have a new QB starting next year that isn't either of these two, and that 10% might be, being generous.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno I was at the game in Cincy and Siemian under threw the ball a lot. Wasn't overally impressed with him that game by any means.

Either way.. I'd say 90% chance we have a new QB starting next year that isn't either of these two, and that 10% might be, being generous.
Apparently 300+ yds and 3 tds is underperforming to you :)

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
told team has checked in on tyrod in last 48 hours. Bills holding staunch they want a 2 for him, Elway balked at that price.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently 300+ yds and 3 tds is underperforming to you :)

When did I say it was underperforming?

I'm just saying it wasn't exactly a killer performance to get excited for either. A. Because it was rare and B. It was not a great game by him. Good, sure. But even on his TD to Sanders that could have been easily picked off if the safety turns his head on the under thrown pass.

There is a huge difference between saying something is underperforming and a QB doesn't look great.

You have to look at more then just stats when you evaluate a QB. Does he do it consistently? NO, he did not. Were his stats good that game? Yeah, they were pretty good.

Did I see stuff from him in that game to think he might be a great QB?

Not at all.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
told team has checked in on tyrod in last 48 hours. Bills holding staunch they want a 2 for him, Elway balked at that price.

Yeah, cant give up a 2nd for Tyrod just because we are desperate but at least glad we were trying. A for effort, A for not making the move... If only they'd take a 4th for him and a player or something then perfect. Tyrod isn't a long term answer but he is better then what we have now.

I am sure the AJ McCarron news was not fake news either, rather Elway covering up.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I say it was underperforming?

I'm just saying it wasn't exactly a killer performance to get excited for either. A. Because it was rare and B. It was not a great game by him. Good, sure. But even on his TD to Sanders that could have been easily picked off if the safety turns his head on the under thrown pass.

There is a huge difference between saying something is underperforming and a QB doesn't look great.

You have to look at more then just stats when you evaluate a QB. Does he do it consistently? NO, he did not. Were his stats good that game? Yeah, they were pretty good.

Did I see stuff from him in that game to think he might be a great QB?

Not at all.
Major :L:L:L