• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should We Pencil MSU in for the Final Four?

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing:

EVERY TIME Izzo has a team that starts to get counted out, they make a run to the final four. Every senior class has made the final four, and that's a long running trend. THIS team is as talented as almost anyone when they are playing well.

Does all of this mean that the rest of us are all just playing for the final 3 spots in the final four???

I know I don't want to bet against tom izzo, and when I DO bet against him in my bracket, it often fucks me over.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think they are going to click.

The fact that they have so much room to play better and have not peaked in anyway yet is what makes them scary.

But, Appling's wrist is clearly not right and they need him to get that better.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think they are going to click.

The fact that they have so much room to play better and have not peaked in anyway yet is what makes them scary.

But, Appling's wrist is clearly not right and they need him to get that better.

When Dayne is properly motivated to play great ball, IMO, he is the best big man in the country. I like a healthy and motivated Michigan State.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once they are all 100% healthy, or close to it, they are a Final 4 team.

It's scary to think they've been pretty good this year with the team not all playing together at any one time due to injury.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Dayne is properly motivated to play great ball, IMO, he is the best big man in the country. I like a healthy and motivated Michigan State.

the P is not even close to the D on your keyboard. I would say it was a typo, but I know better than to assume you are aware of this fact: it's Payne.

Ron Dayne was a football player for wisconsin

i don't expect much from you when it comes to BIG knowledge though

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the P is not even close to the D on your keyboard. I would say it was a typo, but I know better than to assume you are aware of this fact: it's Payne.

Ron Dayne was a football player for wisconsin

i don't expect much from you when it comes to BIG knowledge though

Now you are just being a "DICK' You are now on ignore.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usep to get my p's and d's mixep ud too

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's getting pretty late in the race for MSU to pull a hole shot down the stretch.
We've hoped all year that 'when' everybody's back healthy the whole team would be stronger - due to all of the bonus minutes & experience so many benchers have accumulated...mebbe that's still possible, but right now everybody's totally out of sync with everybody else - they desperately need bookoo practice & play as a whole team again. Personally, I don't care if they lose vsIowa and @OSU and scratch out an anemic B1G Tourney performance or two...JUST so long as they finally get their dancing mojo back.

As far as motivation is concerned...the kids know they can/should do much better than what they've shown. They've lost to Michigan twice (there are 5 more examples, but that's the only one that matters)...the motivation needed won't come from Izzo but from friends, family and laughing media.

way back when...1979 Magic Johnson team...hit a nasty mid/late season slump...lost rankings, prestige and suffered laughing media...hit the ultimate low losing at home (Jennison Fieldhouse) to a non-existent Northwestern...you could see the 'motivation' in their eyes after that. I made a case/beer vs case/whisky bet with a guy that State would be cutting net in the Dance that year...it took me a long time to drink all that whisky.

it could happen again.
but I'm not looking to make any stupid bets on it.

(we'll probably have to settle for a fuckn NC Runner-Up trophy, again. :whistle:)

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have them penciled in for a round of 32 exit. They stink.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gotta consider the source...

everybody has an asshole
everybody has an opinion
sometimes even assholes have opinions

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU kicked IU's ass no matter where they played this season, but I don't see them as an elite team in the 2014 tourny. At this point I see them making it to the S16 at the most, they simply don't have the focus and excuses mean nothing in the NCAA tournament...Lots of potential, but not a lot of result...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost every year there is an uber talented team that has had a down year ( not living up to potential ) that ends up making a run to a FF. As a matter of fact in the last 5 years 10 of the 20 teams to reach the FF have been 3 seeds or worse and 8 of the 20 have been 4 seeds or worse. That means that recent pass tells us that likely 2 of the Final 4 teams this year will come from a seed line other than the 1 or 2 line. I dont see any reason MSU couldnt be one of those teams as they are certainly more talented than almost every other prior FF team from a lower seed in recent past.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can easily see MSU in the elite 8, they have the ability to be a FF team, we all should know that. Shit Cuse lost like 4/5 last year I believe and we made a run, it's all when a team decides what they want for themselves and how hard they are going to play to get it, couple that with the right match ups and shots going in, the sky's the limit. Cuse will put it together for the Dance, although Gramt and Keitas injury won't be going anywhere.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to wait until selection Sunday to see who's in what brackets and it still would not be easy to pick the Final 4. MSU has as good of a chance as Michigan,Syracuse,Zona,SDSU,WSU,Wisky,Fla.etc

MSUCTM96

USCG Master Captain
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

1. OUR Point Guard cant shoot or make a free throw.
2. Former lottery pick Gary Harris couldn't put his Sausage McMuffin' wrapper directly into a trach can.
3. Payne is busy picking out diamond cut leather seats for a vehicle which he is playing away from.
4. Man to Man defense requires switching which is clearly a mystery to us.
5. Izzo is as confused as the guy from "The Hanover" when he got Bangkoked in Bangkok.
6. We are really hanging our hat on football this year?
7. This is a fuckin' train wrenck and I'm pissed!

:noidea:

MSUCTM96

USCG Master Captain
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sag off a screen or back cut.....Were like 8th graders on the floor. BRUTAL.... Just BRUTAL!

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's getting pretty late in the race for MSU to pull a hole shot down the stretch.
We've hoped all year that 'when' everybody's back healthy the whole team would be stronger - due to all of the bonus minutes & experience so many benchers have accumulated...mebbe that's still possible, but right now everybody's totally out of sync with everybody else - they desperately need bookoo practice & play as a whole team again. Personally, I don't care if they lose vsIowa and @OSU and scratch out an anemic B1G Tourney performance or two...JUST so long as they finally get their dancing mojo back.

As far as motivation is concerned...the kids know they can/should do much better than what they've shown. They've lost to Michigan twice (there are 5 more examples, but that's the only one that matters)...the motivation needed won't come from Izzo but from friends, family and laughing media.

way back when...1979 Magic Johnson team...hit a nasty mid/late season slump...lost rankings, prestige and suffered laughing media...hit the ultimate low losing at home (Jennison Fieldhouse) to a non-existent Northwestern...you could see the 'motivation' in their eyes after that. I made a case/beer vs case/whisky bet with a guy that State would be cutting net in the Dance that year...it took me a long time to drink all that whisky.

it could happen again.
but I'm not looking to make any stupid bets on it.

(we'll probably have to settle for a fuckn NC Runner-Up trophy, again. :whistle:)
Hey, H2S. I think "pencil in" is the operative term here. Pencil can easily be erased. MSU's performance this season has been disappointing (you may remember that my family includes both graduates of Michigan AND MSU). What has been disappointing is the Spartans lack of energy. While it's true that the team has been injury ridden, there's no accounting for the team's lack of execution in crucial aspects of the game and the general lethargy. They are "winded" when they need to be able to reach for a satisfactory outcome. Will they be able to get in shape to make a run in the NCAA tournament and keep from being erased early? I may regret it, but I'm not betting on it.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, H2S. I think "pencil in" is the operative term here. Pencil can easily be erased. MSU's performance this season has been disappointing (you may remember that my family includes both graduates of Michigan AND MSU). What has been disappointing is the Spartans lack of energy. While it's true that the team has been injury ridden, there's no accounting for the team's lack of execution in crucial aspects of the game and the general lethargy. They are "winded" when they need to be able to reach for a satisfactory outcome. Will they be able to get in shape to make a run in the NCAA tournament and keep from being erased early? I may regret it, but I'm not betting on it.

This is mostly the point I was going for. This is the exact situation that we have been in before, not wanting to bet on them because of what we have seen in the regular season and then BAM there they are in the final four as a 5 seed and we don't know how the hell it happened.