• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should there be an Ernie Banks day??

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ernie Banks is one of the best baseball players of all time but I don't think he deserves to have his own special day.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something like Ernie Banks use to always say it was a beautiful day so Lets play two.

Ernie was an unselfish fellow. He accomplished much while playing for a team that never got him into a championship. It is right and good that he be recognized, however, I agree with others that it should be Chicago-centric event. If they could create an event which would garner national recognition, perhaps with opposing teams rotating in for the opportunity to participate, that would be befitting.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe leave the twinight vs day/night up to the team? The Giants have sold-out every game for about 4 or 5 years now. Taking a home game off their schedule would be costly for them.

At the same time, they use dynamic pricing, so maybe it would not affect them as much as I think...

:noidea:

That would be an interesting experiment. I wonder if the teams with dynamic pricing would get close to double the amount for the tickets?

Also, if it's just one day then it's really only half the teams losing revenue so they could share the hit. Plus they could lessen it a little by scheduling it for the home team to be teams that had a bad year the previous season so the teams that have been drawing well lately wouldn't lose a whole game's revenue.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can call it whatever they want....

There should be scheduled double header days. Start with two Saturdays a year (one at each ball park). It is an easy-to-implement solutiion to the season and post-season exending into November... If a team can't put fannies in the seats, they need new management...

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ernie Banks was a great player, but giving him his own day would discredit the other great players that would not have their own day.