• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Should the SEC trade Mizzou for another school?

Should the SEC drop Missouri?

• Yes

• No

• Dill pickle potato salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Although people did say that they wouldn't be able to compete in the SEC, which was wrong.

Based on wins, We've been more competitive in SEC football than OU has been in Big 12 basketball.
2 title games. Oklahoma hasnt sniffed a conference title in 13 years. At least MU has played for a couple in football.

:lebowski2:

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends on the landscape at the time. They wanted A&M and Oklahoma. Oklahoma and okie state was redundant. So they took Misery wanting the St. Louis market. If things get moving again, I'm betting someone will take both teams. Texas may end up going independent. Who cares? Fuck em.
Yea I recall the same type of arguments with A&M never being able to part with Texas before that happened and....

Personally I don't think that whole "school x can never go anywhere without school y " stuff holds much clout like it once did. Too much money involved.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a world where shitty programs like Rutgers get a golden ticket because of location a major conference taking on a top 5 program with the contingency of a small market top 25 program shouldn't bat an eyelash
Winner, winner, chicken dinner. And Rutgers isn't the only shitty program sucking on the titties of the milk producing programs. Question is...."How long will the broadcasters (regardless of platform) be willing to dish out significant coin to show games that only have regional or conference demand numbers instead of national numbers?" Supposedly, Maryland and Rutgers didn't deliver the actual viewership from DC and NYC. Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State deliver them...and the Cali, Florida, Texas markets as well. Hell, I have the B1G network here in Texas and I only watch it when one of those three are playing. I ain't watching Purdue vs Indiana just like people in the midwest ain't going to watch Texas Tech vs Baylor. The cable got to charge all of 'em but they ain't watching unless Ohio State, Michigan or Penn State are playing...and not just playing Rutgers or Maryland.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could trade them to the Big ten for Nebraska, if the Big ten knew the huskers were going to lose their AAU status they wouldn't have taken them.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee lost to Vandy and South Carolina(with a 17 yr old qb), I'd rather have less shitty teams to lose to :2cents:

Sounds like we need to package up UT w/Mizzou in this trade. I vote we get Missouri State and Tennessee Tech. Or maybe Sewanee wants back in

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah she sucks but historically Henry Bellmon and Don Nickles. Future moron Governors include people like Josh Brecheen (sidenote holy shit I knew that guy in high school and he has his own wiki page now).

You own the sport but we own the politics. In a world where shitty programs like Rutgers get a golden ticket because of location a major conference taking on a top 5 program with the contingency of a small market top 25 program shouldn't bat an eyelash
David Boren knows people.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, WVU tried to tell yall right after you invited A&M but...ESPN had to have that St. Louis tv market so they could get rich and keep all that on air talent...:lol:

View attachment 159644
ESPN does didn't make this decision but I don't think Missouri could be more screwed up then they are right now if they had tried to do it on purpose.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzou might actually be a middle of the pack SEC team in football and basketball next year. I know, I'm a homer but we'll see.

And Columbia could use less traffic as far as I'm concerned. The lower enrollment might actually give the city time to plan out it's infrastructure better

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzou might actually be a middle of the pack SEC team in football and basketball next year. I know, I'm a homer but we'll see.

And Columbia could use less traffic as far as I'm concerned. The lower enrollment might actually give the city time to plan out it's infrastructure better

So.......

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll give you Rutgers and Mark D'Antonio.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends on the landscape at the time. They wanted A&M and Oklahoma. Oklahoma and okie state was redundant. So they took Misery wanting the St. Louis market. If things get moving again, I'm betting someone will take both teams. Texas may end up going independent. Who cares? Fuck em.

They didn't want A&M, they wanted the Texas Tv market.

They probably wanted OU tho. NOBODY wants A&M

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Although people did say that they wouldn't be able to compete in the SEC, which was wrong.

Based on wins, We've been more competitive in SEC football than OU has been in Big 12 basketball.
2 title games. Oklahoma hasnt sniffed a conference title in 13 years. At least MU has played for a couple in football.

Mizzou was the worst athletic program in Big12 history tho. Literally EVERY school in the conference won more titles than Mizzou across all sports. How is that even possible given for the vast majority of those years, KSU, Tech, Baylor and ISU sucked ass in damn near everything???

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This isn't about sports it's about the complete cluster fuck of an institution Missouri has become.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think though, if Sankey could broker a deal with Oklahoma or Clemson, obviously admin would factor into it............can't we just break up with Missouri in a note like we were 14?

Send em a break up text or email. Claim somewhere in it "it's not you its us" you're golden