• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should B1G go back to playing FCS?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
web1_TEl043016CardKelsey.jpg
LOL, wood not!!!!

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may want to count again and dig a little deeper. It's too late for me to go back and do this research again as I'm going to bed now but the SEC had the highest total of members with previous or current ties to the SEC than did any other conference. That's enough to sway the vote.

They do have the largest contract but that's not enough. They must control the narrative which was all about sucking the SEC D. All we heard was how great Bama was and how poor Wisconsin's schedule was every fucking week on ESPN and ESPN is basically the one station that covers the CFP committee live with interviews. From their opinions it sounded like they wanted an all SEC championship from the start and now they're all happy as shit.

How are they on their way to doing the other three when nobody has those weak sisters of the poor games on their second to last game no team plays 8 conference games and no team routinely plays a P5 team at a neutral site close to their home every year. WTF are you talking about.

Good night and stay classy Saint Diego aka Whale's Vagina

Here, let me do it for you so you don't have to keep lying.

Here are the Committee member bios, lifted right from the committee website:

Kirby Hocutt - AD Texas Tech, Former AD Miami Assoc AD Oklahoma, Played at K-State
Frank Beamer - Ex Virginia Tech Head Coach since Forever
Jeff Bower - EX Southern Miss Coach 17 years also coached at OK St, Wake, SMU
Herb Deromedi - EX CMU Coach - Two Degrees from Univ of Michigan
Chris Howard - Robert Morris President - Harvard MBA, Air Force Grad
Tom Jernstedt - NCAA Exec, Also worked in AD office at Univ of Oregon, two Oregon Degrees
Bobby Johnson - Ex Vandy Coach also coached and played at Clemson
Jeff Long - Former AD Arkansas - Ohio Native also Assoc AD at Michigan, Oklahoma and AD at Pitt
Rob Mullins - AD at Oregon, Former Assoc AD at Maryland and Kentucky, Two degrees from West Virginia
Dan Radakovich - Current AD at Clemson, Former GA Tech AD, Former Assoc AD at SC, LSU, Miami
Gene Smith - Current AD at Ohio St. Former AD at Ariz St, Iowa St, Eastern Michigan, Former ND player
Steve Wieberg - USA today Columnist
Tyrone Willingham - Former Washington, Stanford and ND Coach, Former Michigan St Player

So, we have two, Jeff Long and Bobby Johnson. Both are not from traditional powers, One is a former coach and player for Clemson and the other is an Ohio native and former assoc AD at Michigan. Neither of which is currently drawing a paycheck from an SEC school.

Meanwhile, the B1G has the current AD at Ohio St...who replaced the current AD at Wisconsin, A guy from Michigan with two degrees from Univ of Michigan and a former Michigan St QB.

Fuck you and your committee bias. Maybe you'd like Barry back on with Gen Smith, lol.

The only reason ESPN keeps telling you Alabama is better than Wisconsin is because Alabama is better than Wisconsin.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdue??? They had 1 less win than Michigan this year and won their bowl game and it was their new coach in his first season. I'd drop Maryland before Purdue.
But Purdue is consistently bad. Since 2000 Maryland has had 8 winning seasons, three of which went for 10+ wins. Purdue has 7 winning seasons in that time frame, no 10+ win seasons and only 2, 9 win seasons. Maryland has a much easier road to success and the ability to recruit at a higher level.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My option B would be keep 9 conference games, move Michigan State to the west and Purdue to the east to help balance the power.

Make permanent Rivals.
MSU - Michigan
PSU - Nebraska
Wisconsin - OSU
Purdue - Indiana
Now that I look at this, wide awake, Purdue and Indiana would both be in the East but you get the point.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you need to remove "Rutgers, Indiana, Illinois and Purdue". The SEC won't remove Kentucky, Vandy, Tennessee and Arkansas. The PAC 12 won't remove Oregon State, Colorado and Utah.
Utah?

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My option B would be keep 9 conference games, move Michigan State to the west and Purdue to the east to help balance the power.

Make permanent Rivals.
MSU - Michigan
PSU - Nebraska
Wisconsin - OSU
Purdue - Indiana
Fuck you.

We'll take Michigan, you play Ohio State every year.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC has 6 teams that won 9 games this year, and went 9-3 against other P5's...two of those losses being to Clemson. I think we have different definitions of what suck means.
i mean sure but Miss St has wins against Charleston Southern, 4-9 BYU, 4-8 UMass, 7-6 La Tech, and 4-8 Ark.
LSU beat Chatanooga, , 4-9 BYU, 4-8 Tenn, 4-8 Ark, 4-8 Syracuse.
South Carolina beat 4-8 tenn, 4-8 Ark, 5-7 Vandy, 4-7 Florida, woffard and 7-6 La Tech

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you.

We'll take Michigan, you play Ohio State every year.

Don't be a chickenshit. I want Ohio State every year. If we can't beat them, we can't be Champions. A team is measured by its enemies.

Fuck it. Move us back to the East. Play 'em both.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Purdue is consistently bad. Since 2000 Maryland has had 8 winning seasons, three of which went for 10+ wins. Purdue has 7 winning seasons in that time frame, no 10+ win seasons and only 2, 9 win seasons. Maryland has a much easier road to success and the ability to recruit at a higher level.

Having better coaches and system is more important than recruiting. Maryland had the 18th ranked recruiting class in 2017 and ended up 4-8. This means their class doesn't have much room for improvement. Purdue had the 72nd ranked class in 2017 and was 7-6 with a bowl win. In 2018 they had the 42nd ranked class and now early
in the 2019 class they're 39th which is higher than Maryland but still early. So Purdue is a better team with a better coach despite having a lower class ranking in 2017 but they have more room for improvement in their class rankings and it has improved since the new coach has come in while Maryland recruiting class has struggled with a high ranking class and has shown now signs of improvement in their recruiting class.

Purdue from 97 to 2004 was over .500 every single year which is 8 years and that's a longer streak than Maryland has ever had in their entire history as a program. Since 97 Maryland has had 11 losing seasons while Purdue has had only had 8 losing seasons. Sure Maryland had the three 10 win seasons in a row but that was an anomaly and that coach never had another 10 win season after that and it was mainly due to the division change and his records were below average after the change. Maryland has gone through coaches like a fat kid goes through cake and hasn't really had any stability or success since those three fluke years in 2001-2003 with Ralph.

Again, I'll take Purdue over Maryland right now and in the future but I think we should keep both and just drop Illinois. lol

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having better coaches and system is more important than recruiting. Maryland had the 18th ranked recruiting class in 2017 and ended up 4-8. This means their class doesn't have much room for improvement. Purdue had the 72nd ranked class in 2017 and was 7-6 with a bowl win. In 2018 they had the 42nd ranked class and now early
in the 2019 class they're 39th which is higher than Maryland but still early. So Purdue is a better team with a better coach despite having a lower class ranking in 2017 but they have more room for improvement in their class rankings and it has improved since the new coach has come in while Maryland recruiting class has struggled with a high ranking class and has shown now signs of improvement in their recruiting class.

Purdue from 97 to 2004 was over .500 every single year which is 8 years and that's a longer streak than Maryland has ever had in their entire history as a program. Since 97 Maryland has had 11 losing seasons while Purdue has had only had 8 losing seasons. Sure Maryland had the three 10 win seasons in a row but that was an anomaly and that coach never had another 10 win season after that and it was mainly due to the division change and his records were below average after the change. Maryland has gone through coaches like a fat kid goes through cake and hasn't really had any stability or success since those three fluke years in 2001-2003 with Ralph.

Again, I'll take Purdue over Maryland right now and in the future but I think we should keep both and just drop Illinois. lol
To be fair to Maryland, they lost like 4 QB's to season ending injuries this year.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair to Maryland, they lost like 4 QB's to season ending injuries this year.

Holy fucking shit.......

Well either that is a O-line problem or having to many pussy's at QB problem. FOUR??? We could only be so lucky to just lose our starting QB in Hornytoad.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here, let me do it for you so you don't have to keep lying.

Here are the Committee member bios, lifted right from the committee website:

Kirby Hocutt - AD Texas Tech, Former AD Miami Assoc AD Oklahoma, Played at K-State
Frank Beamer - Ex Virginia Tech Head Coach since Forever
Jeff Bower - EX Southern Miss Coach 17 years also coached at OK St, Wake, SMU
Herb Deromedi - EX CMU Coach - Two Degrees from Univ of Michigan
Chris Howard - Robert Morris President - Harvard MBA, Air Force Grad
Tom Jernstedt - NCAA Exec, Also worked in AD office at Univ of Oregon, two Oregon Degrees
Bobby Johnson - Ex Vandy Coach also coached and played at Clemson
Jeff Long - Former AD Arkansas - Ohio Native also Assoc AD at Michigan, Oklahoma and AD at Pitt
Rob Mullins - AD at Oregon, Former Assoc AD at Maryland and Kentucky, Two degrees from West Virginia
Dan Radakovich - Current AD at Clemson, Former GA Tech AD, Former Assoc AD at SC, LSU, Miami
Gene Smith - Current AD at Ohio St. Former AD at Ariz St, Iowa St, Eastern Michigan, Former ND player
Steve Wieberg - USA today Columnist
Tyrone Willingham - Former Washington, Stanford and ND Coach, Former Michigan St Player

So, we have two, Jeff Long and Bobby Johnson. Both are not from traditional powers, One is a former coach and player for Clemson and the other is an Ohio native and former assoc AD at Michigan. Neither of which is currently drawing a paycheck from an SEC school.

Meanwhile, the B1G has the current AD at Ohio St...who replaced the current AD at Wisconsin, A guy from Michigan with two degrees from Univ of Michigan and a former Michigan St QB.

Fuck you and your committee bias. Maybe you'd like Barry back on with Gen Smith, lol.

The only reason ESPN keeps telling you Alabama is better than Wisconsin is because Alabama is better than Wisconsin.

So that's five guys from the SEC or with SEC ties if you include Steve Wieberg who graduated from Missouri. Tyrone is a PAC 12 guy over everything else.

The reason ESPN sucks Bama's D is because a bunch of their analysts are from the SEC and ride the SEC D. Bama was skull crushed by Aubrun and should've lost to the shit Miss St. team if not for the last second miracle.

Next

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the Big 10 West is FCS caliber

Even though I agree with SJ76

Wisconsin beat ACC Miami
Northwestern beat SEC Kentucky
Purdue beat PAC 12 Arizona
Iowa beat ACC Boston College

B1G West went 4-0 with wins over ACC, ACC, PAC 12, and SEC.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know her and I attended her wedding this past summer.

When I walked into the reception, her Mom thought I was the caterer because the caterer had JUST pulled up.

Her Mom was talking to me about the food and I said I hated the table arrangement and was going to rearrange everything at the last minute. Her Mom gave me a very funny look and I burst out laughing. Luckily, she had a great sense of humor.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And 8 conference games?

No to FCS, stick with nine conference games. Man up, play tough games.

The B1G should not allow FCS games and stick to it.

9 conference games, supposedly it was done for scheduling issues, and now it is being done for money issues, as in CFP means money.

Heck, just allow the SEC teams to play only FCS teams like Mercer, Colorado School of Mines, Toledo, and Citadel. Eventually, it will bite them in the ass.