• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shattenkirk nixed Lightning deal

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are out that the Lightning and Blues worked out a trade 6 weeks ago but turned down a seven year $42 million dollar deal for 7 years from the Lightning and therefore the deal feel through. There was a rumour that Drouin was in the deal.

Now hockeybuzz are reporting that the bolts are talking a deal including Bishop and possibly Drouin being involved. I think the idea of trading Drouin is an interesting one as much as he's a big part of this teams present and future, Drouin is an attractive asset who should be able to fetch them more in return than other players such as Johnson and Palat. Plus moving Drouin would improve the possibility on resigning the likes of Johnson and Palat. Apparently the bolts are talking to Philly about a deal including Bishop and Drouin so we shall see

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not doubt he used his "pass card" on the notion of playing for the Lightning. He probably realizes, as I do, that the only thing that the Lightning do consistently is play inconsistent! Kudos to him for wanting better, I am sad to report this.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not doubt he used his "pass card" on the notion of playing for the Lightning. He probably realizes, as I do, that the only thing that the Lightning do consistently is play inconsistent! Kudos to him for wanting better, I am sad to report this.

Highly doubt that's the case. 1) He could probaly get more money elsewhere, if he hits the market July 1 he's going to more than what the bolts offered, probably $7 mill + per year. 2) He wants a trade to NY, Rangers are interested and Shattenkirk was NY kid and a Rangers fan growing up so makes sense. I think a deal will happen between the two sides with Rangers getting Shattemkirk for J.T Miller, a prospect and a draft pick.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now Boyle , bishop and flippula are gone yzerman is magic it opens cap space so we can sign Johnny, drouin and palat this summer

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are out that the Lightning and Blues worked out a trade 6 weeks ago but turned down a seven year $42 million dollar deal for 7 years from the Lightning and therefore the deal feel through. There was a rumour that Drouin was in the deal.

Now hockeybuzz are reporting that the bolts are talking a deal including Bishop and possibly Drouin being involved. I think the idea of trading Drouin is an interesting one as much as he's a big part of this teams present and future, Drouin is an attractive asset who should be able to fetch them more in return than other players such as Johnson and Palat. Plus moving Drouin would improve the possibility on resigning the likes of Johnson and Palat. Apparently the bolts are talking to Philly about a deal including Bishop and Drouin so we shall see
Drouins agent shot that down right away on twitter and burned eklund lol

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now Boyle , bishop and flippula are gone yzerman is magic it opens cap space so we can sign Johnny, drouin and palat this summer

Magic? What magic? All the Lightning received was mid level draft picks and they gave up draft picks that I really don't think they needed to give up. Val is an excellent puck controller and Bishop a pretty good net-minder. The short and sweet of my babble: The Lightning got shit in return.

brandonk989

Hoopla Cash
$ 965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic? What magic? All the Lightning received was mid level draft picks and they gave up draft picks that I really don't think they needed to give up. Val is an excellent puck controller and Bishop a pretty good net-minder. The short and sweet of my babble: The Lightning got shit in return.

It's not always what you get in return for the trade itself. By moving Filp, Boyle, and Bishop you can now re-sign all of the guys Todd mentioned. Yzerman has made the necessary moves to keep the core of this team together. If Yzerman stands pat at the deadline, we would have gotten NOTHING in return for Filp, Boyle, Bishop, Palat, Drouin, and Tyler Johnson.

Yzerman did a fantastic job yet again planning for the future and keeping this team good for a long time.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it guys but this very "core" did not accomplish shit this season. Time to shake things up big time. I agree with who we sent down the river and am aware why. But this team seems to not have any "core" players that are even willing to try to step up their act when a "key" piece goes down. Lack luster, inconsistent play as usual. No defense, and yet no addressing that situation. They get rid of all the "tough men". Clearly, they don't want fighters or anyone that will stand up for any of their players. I am surprised, quite honestly, that they did not send JT Brown down the river for his tough man, fighting nature. Maybe they should change their name to the Tampa Bay Quick Pussycats, just throwing this out there.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick Cats will
do, ( Trump has enough problems with the other word )
All I see is we gave up BIshop,Boyle, and Fliipulla and we didn't
replace them with anything substansual , is he waiting for FA.
Callahan is out for the season and Stamkos may also be out as well.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting a pt. was big last night we're only two behind the
Islanders 3 behind Boston. There are so many teams close to us
it makes it hard to figure. We just need to keep winning.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update NHL has us 5 behind Boston, but with our team how can we catch anyone ?