• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: SHARKS (27-17-7) at FLAMES (28-20-3) - 02.04.2015 @ 7:00PM

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TV: SN, SN1, CSN-CA

Season series: The Calgary Flames are 2-1-0 against the San Jose Sharks and won Jan. 17 on Sean Monahan’s goal in overtime. Sharks defenseman Justin Braun has four points in three games, and goalie Antti Niemi is 1-1-1 with a 2.33 goals-against average and .908 save percentage.

Sharks team scope: San Jose has a point in seven of its past eight games and is two points ahead of Calgary (61-59) for second place in the Pacific Division. The Sharks ended a seven-game homestand with a 5-4 loss to the Edmonton Oilers on Monday after a 13-round shootout. Center Logan Couture was named Sharks Player of the Month for January with four goals and eight assists in 12 games. Couture's performance was overshadowed by inconsistent play by the Sharks during their homestand. "It's been that way for a while with us," Couture said. "I wish I could explain it, but if we knew the reasons why, it wouldn't happen."

Flames team scope: Calgary is 12-0-0 when leading after two periods. The Flames got a point from 12 players and scored three goals in the third period to defeat the Winnipeg Jets 5-2 on Monday. "Our most complete game since the [All-Star] break," defenseman Mark Giordano told the Calgary Herald after the game. "To do it against a team that's ahead of us is pretty big." Forward Joe Colborne had two assists and has seven points in his past seven games. Goalie Jonas Hiller made 17 saves and has allowed two or fewer goals in each of his past four starts. He is expected to make his fifth straight start and is 8-10-2 with a 2.32 goals-against average and .928 save percentage against San Jose. Monahan has six goals in his past eight games. The Flames have won four of the past five games in the series.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Left_shark_10..png

LeftShark is a surprisingly accurate metaphor for the SJ Sharks.
Hopefully they get inspired since there's something to play for tonight.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want some lemonade and a corn dog! :laugh3:

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calgary has Johnny Hockey and of course we have Patty Sleepwalk. Another night of just going through the motions.

So John Scott has half as many goals as Matt Nieto? Plus Nieto -10 now too. How long before he makes a visit to Worchester?

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I'd be mad if I cared more but this team gives us nothing to care about because they don't try.

This is intolerable. It's time for a fire sale and if I never see Thorton and Marleau in teal ever again, I'll be very happy because it'll signify that the organization has had enough of their apathy.

Hell I'd be happy if they were benched for the remainder of their contracts.

Give us something to cheer about Sharks! We're starving for it over here!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
its almost comical at this point, normally id give them an out due to the massive rash of injuries to so many starters, but its evident theres something else going on with the inconsistent effort, and its not coaching