• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SHAMEIS WINSTON TO FACE DISCIPLINARY HEARING AT FSU

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah blah blah--Winston is playing Saturday--close article. Done giving articles about this kid clicks, seems like the past 7-8 seasons of college football have been dominated more by off the field headlines then ever before.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what's rather interesting is that Jimbo Fisher adamantly believes Winston has done no wrong and will be cleared. Was Jimbo there that night? Or is he referring to the fact that there are people willing to pay vast sums to make sure FSU doesn't lose another shot at the NC?

Another thing I find really odd was the statement that bringing in these three former Judges was going to prove to everyone that FSU is on the up-n-up.

If he's found guilty of something, then yes, people will think they finally did the right thing, but then you'll hear about all that they 'did' before bringing these 3 in and how the University and PD failed to uncover X, Y or Z. If he's found innocent, I have a hard time believing that people are going to immediately say: oh well these judges found him innocent, he MUST be innocent. As if Judges can't be bribed? I think they've put themselves in a pretty precarious situation making that claim.

I was listening to some rag, probably ESPN about how nothing bothers Winston, he can put aside all of these distractions when facing felony charges, etc. I'm curious if it doesn't bother him because he's too stupid/ignorant to know better, or if he's been led to believe that some fat-cats will throw money at the problem and that it'll go away so therefore he doesn't have to worry, or if he's just that cold as a person that he has no conscience?

I doubt anything's going to happen, but it's possible. Levying criminal charges as a D.A. requires a lot more preponderance of evidence than violating school conduct policies.

Now then, last Saturday he was aware that he'd have to face that inquiry within the next 5 school days. I'm betting right now that the hearing is done on Friday or late Thursday and the 'committee' will need to digest this information over at least the weekend before deciding. Coincidentally, they have a bye week after us... imagine that? So, he'll definitely be playing this weekend.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 cent should stop betting that Floyd Mayweather can't read and change his bet that Winston can't read.

:lol:

I was just going to post asking what punishment are the going to give him? Make him read Green Eggs and Ham aloud?

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what's rather interesting is that Jimbo Fisher adamantly believes Winston has done no wrong and will be cleared. Was Jimbo there that night? Or is he referring to the fact that there are people willing to pay vast sums to make sure FSU doesn't lose another shot at the NC?

I think you'll find this article interesting if you haven't already seen it. Makes it quite clear why Winston isn't worried.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/u...ll-casts-shadow-over-tallahassee-justice.html

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty damning Hoosier...

That's pretty sad really.

I erred in my previous post: the inquiry will be one judge from the three selected, each side getting to strike one each and the remaining judge will hear the case. Not that it's going to matter much. I'd love to see justice served, it sure seems like FSU has a lot of bad karma that's hopefully about ready to come collect.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah blah blah--Winston is playing Saturday--close article. Done giving articles about this kid clicks, seems like the past 7-8 seasons of college football have been dominated more by off the field headlines then ever before.

I hear ya, man and yes he's playing. It just burrs my ass to no end that a school can be this 'oblivious' to shitheads like this clown and seemingly turn a blind eye to all of his 'misgivings' instead of maybe DOING THE RIGHT THING. I have little respect for FSU anymore and I will 'put them out there' every fng chance I get.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might have chief, I'd been perusing sources myself, but hadn't read the link perhaps... heheh.

So it's Catholics vs. Criminoles redux... I hope we can muster up all of our mojo and the leprechaun's pot 'o gold this week, I hate seeing ND lose to FSU.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might have chief, I'd been perusing sources myself, but hadn't read the link perhaps... heheh.

So it's Catholics vs. Criminoles redux... I hope we can muster up all of our mojo and the leprechaun's pot 'o gold this week, I hate seeing ND lose to FSU.

Exactamundo Kimosabe ... could not agree more, except I hate losing to Meatchicken and USC worse! I gotta believe we're going to need a whole lot of 'leprechaun' come Saturday. Yeah, I'm worried about this game ... of course, I worry about every game ... just this one, moreso.

:suds:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously dislike this kid, and it literally has not one damn thing to do with the fact that he wins games.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed, my mom was looking at me all weird last week, going, it's just a game (we've been trying to teach my young nephew about winning and losing and how a game is just a game). I gave her the 'look'. Then I said... no it's not a game, it's ND football!

It was suggested that I be given a valium on gameday and that I be left at home by myself.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed, my mom was looking at me all weird last week, going, it's just a game (we've been trying to teach my young nephew about winning and losing and how a game is just a game). I gave her the 'look'. Then I said... no it's not a game, it's ND football!

It was suggested that I be given a valium on gameday and that I be left at home by myself.

Its one thing that gets me in trouble week in and week out, its ND football playing in the house. The Mrs. knows its my one true guy thing that she has to let me do, no if's and's or but's. The rest of the year, she can plan my weekends accordingly, but she cannot mess with fall. But she always warns me not to yell at the TV. I get the lecture every weekend. It was kind of funny. By the end of the UNC game, my 8 year old was saying, Daddy, seriously. I said son, you don't understand, this is ND football we're talking about here.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its one thing that gets me in trouble week in and week out, its ND football playing in the house. The Mrs. knows its my one true guy thing that she has to let me do, no if's and's or but's. The rest of the year, she can plan my weekends accordingly, but she cannot mess with fall. But she always warns me not to yell at the TV. I get the lecture every weekend. It was kind of funny. By the end of the UNC game, my 8 year old was saying, Daddy, seriously. I said son, you don't understand, this is ND football we're talking about here.

:D

Can I quote Will Smith? Parents just don't understand... :gaah:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Im so excited for this game. I just want this week to go by. Cant do any work at work. Lets Go Irish. I think we are going to shock some people sat night.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:nod:
:nod:

+1 ... +1 ... more good stuff.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously dislike this kid, and it literally has not one damn thing to do with the fact that he wins games.

It's extremely difficult to find anything to like the guy. I simply can't.