• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SHAMEIS WINSTON TO FACE DISCIPLINARY HEARING AT FSU

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm ... now FSU decides to proceed with disciplinary hearings after ... how long was it? Wonder if they'll 'suspend' him from team while this is going on .... or not??? Any wagers on this one? :whistle:

He's, evidently, got five days to 'respond', but the hearing is going to take place. It appears they are searching for three individuals to sit on the board. This whole thing with Winston has been beyond shady from the rip. I'd be surprised if anything changes, but FSU is under federal investigation for possible Title IX infractions/cover up. This could get very interesting.

Florida State Seminoles quarterback Jameis Winston facing disciplinary hearing - ESPN

Three other links that I copied from FB ... haven't read these yet to verify full legitimacy, but I figured I'd put them here for 'reading pleasure' ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/us/florida-state-football-casts-shadow-over-tallahassee-justice.html?smid=tw-share

Police, Florida State hampered Jameis Winston investigation, documents show | FOX Sports

http://racingtoaredlight.com/post/99667428409/jameis-winston-autographs

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:tsk: :tsk:

So far, FSU is playing him against Syracuse this weekend. :shocked:

Last edited by a moderator:

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it was kind of obvious last year when this whole story came out that something stunk, from FSU to the Tallahassee PD.

Purguy, this is the difference between our beloved ND and the rest, Winston plays all through this and we have a handful who may or may not have committed academic fraud in some form or other who don't play and I'm going to go out on a limb and say that r*pe is a bit more serious than academic fraud.

You know, the fighter in me says: let him play I'd rather win or lose with him playing than for them to have an excuse if we win. I think it'll be a very hard win for ND but I also think that if any of our recent teams could pull off this win, it's this team.

As far as justice goes, well... it's sad to say that the lady involved in this may not ever get any but karma does have a way of getting itself around and it's something that even high-priced lawyers can't squirm their clients out of. ;)

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damage control. They knew the NYT story was breaking.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this latest seems more about the University than as much as Winston. Reading the newest articles by NYT and Fox Sports it appears FSU Admin, Athletic Dept, Campus Police and Tallahassee PD were, seemingly, complicit in 'covering this all up' ... among other things.

Man, shit down there in Tallahassee is 'crooked', to say the least, if these news articles are factual and can be proven. FSU might be in a WHOLE LOT of trouble ...

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
creepy shit is creepy....

awclayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is disturbing if true, however, I don't think they will suspend him with the Irish coming to Tallahassee next week. This may sound bad but I want him to play against ND so there are no excuses if ND can pull off the upset. That being said, if this is a cover up by FSU, they should be punished to the max.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is disturbing if true, however, I don't think they will suspend him with the Irish coming to Tallahassee next week. This may sound bad but I want him to play against ND so there are no excuses if ND can pull off the upset. That being said, if this is a cover up by FSU, they should be punished to the max.

I agree. It would be a tough game either way but the chattering class has downplayed our wins and schedule so far. I'd say that of the remaining undefeateds, our schedule has been the weakest, but not by as much as the SEC cheerleaders at ESPN would have you believe. But, our trip to Tallahassee is our first real road game. I'd rather win with him than without him.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally get what everyone is saying about having him play to make it appear like a more impressive win, but I'm also for getting any FAIR advantage we can get playing the #1 team in the country on their turf. A W is a W ... no matter how you happen to get it and that's what matters in the long run. Staying undefeated is our key to having any chance of an actual playoff birth when it comes down to the end with all of the P5 conference winners gnashing their teeth and flapping their gums. Denying a 12-0 ND a playoff spot will be pretty near impossible to do with the way things are going now.

Bottom line ... 12-0 looks a lot better than 11-1 ... and I don't think there's going to be but a few (if any) undefeateds when it's all said and done. If we can beat FSU, then I really start to believe we can possibly run the table with USC being our show stopper at their house. ASU will not be easy either.

And .... the thing that really burrs my ass is that ND did the 'right thing' by suspending their five problem children for the WHOLE season for much lesser 'evils' than what this clown and that shameful University in Tallahassee has done.

DO THE RIGHT THING FSU!

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just another huge distraction for Winston and the team, making them ripe for an upset.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh they're ripe alright. Anyone else seeing this game VS the 'Cuse? I'm not impressed really, they're moving the ball a bit easier than we did against them but Cuse could be in this game if not for their own mistakes.

Our lack of pass rush concerns me but if we can get better pressure we may indeed have a good chance of competing with 'em. Of course we need our O to really be on their game and not be making 'away' mistakes...

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Yeah, Ive been watching this game. Thought 'Cuse might make it interesting but the 2nd half has FSU pulling away now.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's hard to listen to Matt Millen but they're like slobbing all over the FSU knob talking about this is what #1 teams do... uhh really Matt? #1 teams beat teams they're supposed to beat especially teams ranked outside the top 40, really great insight there!

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the FBI needs to get involved

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Oh brother ... LOL!

Not laughing at you, bro ...

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just another huge distraction for Winston and the team, making them ripe for an upset.

I honesty don't think this is a distraction for Winston. I think this guy is absolutely oblivious to everything, the r*pe, the crab legs, the bb gun stuff, nothing fazes him because he doesn't think any of it will impact him. At some point one of these things will actually affect him, and he will be completely confused as to why everyone is picking on him.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honesty don't think this is a distraction for Winston. I think this guy is absolutely oblivious to everything, the r*pe, the crab legs, the bb gun stuff, nothing fazes him because he doesn't think any of it will impact him. At some point one of these things will actually affect him, and he will be completely confused as to why everyone is picking on him.

^^This. He's been mollycoddled in Tallahassee. Hell, even when he was suspended, he came out in pads and warmed up. He shouldn't have even been on the field. It didn't occur to him. And apparently it didn't occur to any of the adults in charge of the program. And that's the real scandal here.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 cent should stop betting that Floyd Mayweather can't read and change his bet that Winston can't read.