• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shaka Smart

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has been pretty mediocre at Texas so far. Was a really hot coaching name just four years ago.

Meanwhile, his predecessor is lighting it up at Tennessee

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has been pretty mediocre at Texas so far. Was a really hot coaching name just four years ago.

Meanwhile, his predecessor is lighting it up at Tennessee

Really is odd his lack of success. He was all the rage for a couple seasons before he left. If he would have stayed at VCU his roster this season could have consisted of Jordan Murphy(Minnesota), Kenny Williams(UNC), Tevin Mack(Alabama), and Samir Doughty(Auburn). He'd still be dominating the A-10.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really is odd his lack of success. He was all the rage for a couple seasons before he left. If he would have stayed at VCU his roster this season could have consisted of Jordan Murphy(Minnesota), Kenny Williams(UNC), Tevin Mack(Alabama), and Samir Doughty(Auburn). He'd still be dominating the A-10.

Their loss today was a killer. His teams at Texas have been really inconsistent. Wonder if that seat is starting to warm up

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their loss today was a killer. His teams at Texas have been really inconsistent. Wonder if that seat is starting to warm up

I think he's safe going into next season. But if he has the same record at this time next year, he may not survive to see a year 6. And at that point you can't blame the administration for getting rid of him, he would have been there 5 years without winning an NCAA Tournament game. By the end of year 5 for Barnes he had them in the FF. Shaka being 2 games over .500 over midway through his 4th year is staggeringly bad.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m so glad Ms. Shaka was not a fan of Milwaukee

It was basically a done deal

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m so glad Ms. Shaka was not a fan of Milwaukee

It was basically a done deal

this is hilarious, mostly b/c people on OGBoards say the same thing about Mrs Smart and Winston-Salem. others also say Mrs. Smart wanted a job @ Wake, but the administration wouldn't give it to her.

i never bought either of those stories, though. mostly b/c how are you going to be perfectly fine w/ living in Richmond (not a knock on Richmond. I like Richmond as a city), but turn down Winston? and i'm not going to the touch the power play for a job @ Wake rumor with a 10,000 foot pole

i can see the Milwaukee story being true, solely because there is a stark difference between Milwaukee and Richmond

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is hilarious, mostly b/c people on OGBoards say the same thing about Mrs Smart and Winston-Salem. others also say Mrs. Smart wanted a job @ Wake, but the administration wouldn't give it to her.

i never bought either of those stories, though. mostly b/c how are you going to be perfectly fine w/ living in Richmond (not a knock on Richmond. I like Richmond as a city), but turn down Winston? and i'm not going to the touch the power play for a job @ Wake rumor with a 10,000 foot pole

i can see the Milwaukee story being true, solely because there is a stark difference between Milwaukee and Richmond

Haha they could both be blown out of proportion. But I do know that a lot of really trusted MU sources had it as a basic done deal at one point. And it’s basicaly turned into a running joke ever since because of that.

It’s believable based off his Wisconsin ties too.

Either way, it’s looking like while he’s a good coach he was way over hyped. Sometimes it’s best when you have a very specific style to just stay where that style has proven to work.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha they could both be blown out of proportion. But I do know that a lot of really trusted MU sources had it as a basic done deal at one point. And it’s basicaly turned into a running joke ever since because of that.

It’s believable based off his Wisconsin ties too.

Either way, it’s looking like while he’s a good coach he was way over hyped. Sometimes it’s best when you have a very specific style to just stay where that style has proven to work.

yeah, while he was at VCU, he was being put on the same level as Brad Stevens and Gregg Marshall

still think he's a good coach, but i don't think Texas is a good fit for him

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he's a better mid major coach or a coach that is better at developing college players that will stay in his system for a couple of years. He's been getting a few one and ones here and there. I would give him two more years personally.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, while he was at VCU, he was being put on the same level as Brad Stevens and Gregg Marshall

still think he's a good coach, but i don't think Texas is a good fit for him

Isn’t he paid more than either of those two? Money talks, championships don’t.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t he paid more than either of those two? Money talks, championships don’t.

Gregg Marshall makes $3 Million a year, Smart makes $3.1 Million, and Brad Stevens has a 6-year $22 Million contract with the Celtics. For all you UNC fans that nets him $3.66 Million a year, and the NBA season is a lot longer but with no recruiting.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would’ve been cool with Shaka taking over for Calhoun.

I’m surprised that he’s struggled so badly. Someone is gonna turn Texas Into a major power, so many resources

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would’ve been cool with Shaka taking over for Calhoun.

I’m surprised that he’s struggled so badly. Someone is gonna turn Texas Into a major power, so many resources

they have been so inconsistent under him

this year they have wins over UNC and Kansas

have losses against Radford, Oklahoma State and Georgia

Providence isn't a fantastic loss, either

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he's a better mid major coach or a coach that is better at developing college players that will stay in his system for a couple of years. He's been getting a few one and ones here and there. I would give him two more years personally.

This.

(I don't know if I would give him 2 more years though)

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 0.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this is it. He was a big fish in a little pond, but he got good players to come to VCU and he kept them longer.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blew a pretty healthy 2nd half lead last night

he might be toast in Austin

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blew a pretty healthy 2nd half lead last night

he might be toast in Austin

Couldn't happen to a finer son of a bitch.

Meanwhile....
20140215_mje_at5_175.0.jpg