• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: SF @ Arizona Pre Game Thread

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So its time to move on from an ugly frustrating loss, The Cards are first place in the NFC West and have done it with their starting QB missing a game. It looks like we might not have V.D or Mcdonald for this game, that is not good at all as we have seen how this team looks when Davis is out.....

10451021_10203933695257235_3856999535481437355_n.jpg

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if it will be really hot there like San Diego.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They play indoors so it won't matter.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean assuming they don't open the roof, but idk why they would if it's 100 plus.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Davis won't be playing, which really sucks because I think they need to draw up some running/play action/high percentage short passing plays to get Kaep under control, which VD would obviously be a huge asset in. Kaep can't just fling it around like he did against the Bears. Arizona's defense is better (and imo one of the best) so we really need to hang on to the ball. After our embarrassing loss to the Colts last year, they called on Gore and he controlled the game. I say they do that again here. Gore/Hyde getting called on a lot of the plays and if they stack the box a la the Bears, hopefully Kaep doesn't get flustered like he did last night.

I'm not too concerned with the Defense. I actually thought they played pretty well. Those interceptions put them in bad situations and there wasn't much our corners can do against Marshall in the endzone. Cutler can just throw the ball up there, I'm not sure anyone in our secondary can do much to stop that, sadly.

The one thing that concerned me though was the lack of pass rush. I knew it wouldn't be amazing, but it is very frustrating to see Cutler have SO MUCH time back there basically waiting for someone to be open. Had we even had a little pass rush towards the end I don't think they would have had such an easy time scoring. But our only push is coming from J. Smith at the moment, and he is bound to tire out throughout the game if he's not getting any help. Maybe they can throw in more blitzes (I know they hate that) but getting some more pressure would be really helpful.

And if Palmer plays, we can't give him time. He is bound to throw a pick or two under pressure, but with time he can carve up a D.

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Watching this game pisses me off. Where are the penalties??? Foles held the ball for longer than five seconds. That's an automatic five yards and a first if the 49ers are on d.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the refs tonight are much more lenient than the refs in our game last night. I hope we get more of these kind of refs since it's pretty clear we like to play physical.

Genus49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona will be hungry for this game. They have the division lead and will not want to give it up to a team they hate and a team who has dominated them the last few years.

49ers better come prepared both mentally and physically because Arizona will be out for blood.

We need to figure out our pass rush situation. If we continue to give these mistake prone QBs time in the pocket they will make their throws. Arizona is VERY dangerous in the passing game if their guys have time to throw. Fitz is older but still a great playmaker, Michael Floyd is turning into their #1 and is also very dangerous. Josh Brown and Ginn provide speed which we simply can't compete with in our secondary so it's imperative that we get to the QB before those players get down the field.

Last few years we've done pretty well against the Cards and Crabtree has certainly not looked mediocre against Patrick Peterson...that needs to happen again for this offense to have success. The offensive line also needs to get their act together. No Dockett really hasn't slowed down Arizona as much as I expected and they're playing very good defense. Calais Campbell is still a monster. We HAVE to play better in the trenches to win this game.

I really want to turn the page on the Bears fiasco and a win in Arizona will go a long way to forgetting that game. If they go in and play conservative they will lose.

I really liked the game plan we went into there last year and we need to do similar stuff this time around except unlike last year we have to keep the pressure up and not allow them to get back into the game late(jeez that sounds kind of familiar)

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what team will show up...the first half 9ers ,the second half 9ers or both?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need this win in a bad way. We have to win. Kap is 3-0 against Arizona. Get this win boys.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona will be hungry for this game. They have the division lead and will not want to give it up to a team they hate and a team who has dominated them the last few years.

49ers better come prepared both mentally and physically because Arizona will be out for blood.

We need to figure out our pass rush situation. If we continue to give these mistake prone QBs time in the pocket they will make their throws. Arizona is VERY dangerous in the passing game if their guys have time to throw. Fitz is older but still a great playmaker, Michael Floyd is turning into their #1 and is also very dangerous. Josh Brown and Ginn provide speed which we simply can't compete with in our secondary so it's imperative that we get to the QB before those players get down the field.

Last few years we've done pretty well against the Cards and Crabtree has certainly not looked mediocre against Patrick Peterson...that needs to happen again for this offense to have success. The offensive line also needs to get their act together. No Dockett really hasn't slowed down Arizona as much as I expected and they're playing very good defense. Calais Campbell is still a monster. We HAVE to play better in the trenches to win this game.

I really want to turn the page on the Bears fiasco and a win in Arizona will go a long way to forgetting that game. If they go in and play conservative they will lose.

I really liked the game plan we went into there last year and we need to do similar stuff this time around except unlike last year we have to keep the pressure up and not allow them to get back into the game late(jeez that sounds kind of familiar)

Great breakdown. Extremely accurate... I'm just hoping Palmer is good to go and Davis isn't. We've had trouble containing TE's the last few years and it's been very frustrating.

GL this week, should be a hell of a game.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great breakdown. Extremely accurate... I'm just hoping Palmer is good to go and Davis isn't. We've had trouble containing TE's the last few years and it's been very frustrating.

Not sure about Palmer but Arians stated no change yet,Stanton may start. VD has a deep bone bruise so he may start and Vance looks like he will be ready as well. Brock may sit out again meaning Cox will start at CB. I do have my concerns for this game. This division will be a tight one IMO so division wins will be crucial. Good luck the the Cards and no more freakin' injuries! :suds:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no reason to lose this game but thats why they play the game.

Lets Go 49ers

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 49ers pull out a ugly win that leaves both 49ers and Cards fans worried about their team. 49ers play well on the road and the Cards are starting a back up QB, a lose is just not acceptable. However I do expect the Cards defense to make it a hard fought game.

Go 49ers!

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Cards have long gotten up for the rivalry.