• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seriously SEC? WTF?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 7546

Seriously, i dont like to make fun of people, but how many times does this thread have to be done to get all the possible reasons? It comes to a point when one can deduce that certain people are dense and cannot intake information, or they are attention whores and want to rehash something someone else brought up just a few days ago. Originality is a lost art i guess.

Has it really been that long? Things may be starting to look up around here.

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thread-Backfire-Negged1.gif

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at some of the Big 12 OOC schedules, and then go back to us.

Lmao, Baylor and TTech I know had the weakest of the weak.

Re-read the thread. I am specifically talking about "LATE" ooc cupcake games. Not 1 single Big 12 school has even had an ooc game since week 4.

If I wanted to include all ooc SEC games, I would have included:

Toledo;
North Texas;
SMU;
West Kentucky;
Miami OH;
Murray State;
Arkansas State;
AP (whoever that is);
UAB;
Colorado State;
Georgia State;
La Lafayette;
Samford;
So Missouri;
Western Carolina;
Kent State;
Alcorn State;
Troy;
Bowling Green;
Seminole State;
Idaho;
Rice;
Sam Houston State.

** But I didn't include all of those because I was differentiating between early and late ooc cupcakes. We on point now?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like anything else in life, when someone does something in a way that works exceedingly well, people should attempt to emulate what works instead of bitching about it. If I go out with my buddy and he works the ladies in a way that gets him laid every night by a sexy ass chick Im not going to get pissed at him. Im going to do the same shit he does so I too can get laid. Learn dont yearn baby.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you play NINE league games, you can justify a slightly weaker OOC.

it is not admirable, but the 9th game argument holds a tiny bit of weight.

But with only EIGHT games, it does look a little weak to add 2 FCS teams in the 4 open slots.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you play NINE league games, you can justify a slightly weaker OOC.

it is not admirable, but the 9th game argument holds a tiny bit of weight.

But with only EIGHT games, it does look a little weak to add 2 FCS teams in the 4 open slots.

Don't try to talk sense to em Horns. They will just deflect, and resort to na na na boo boo and school yard name calling.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate weak OOC games period. Don't really care when they are played, tougher than a bye week, i guess

:noidea:

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to "Give Me a Break, Cupcake!" week in the SEC.

Sponsored by Betty Crocker.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like anything else in life, when someone does something in a way that works exceedingly well, people should attempt to emulate what works instead of bitching about it. If I go out with my buddy and he works the ladies in a way that gets him laid every night by a sexy ass chick Im not going to get pissed at him. Im going to do the same shit he does so I too can get laid. Learn dont yearn baby.

Exactly, Einstein said the definition of "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Seems them dumb ole southerners figured out the formula for success and the whiners of the world want to :frusty: instead of joining the club.

I have also heard "if you cant beat'em, join'em." not sure how true it is, but seems like something might be working here huh?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the legit tip, does it seriously make a difference to anyone when someone plays Chattanooga?? Who gives a fuck if its week 1 or week 11?? If anything its probably tougher to play a game like that late in the year than early because if you play it ealry at least you have the excitement of the new season. Playing it late gives you more of a chance of a letdown IMO

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blame the ncaa for adding the 12th game. all these games are are money makers for the programs.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the legit tip, does it seriously make a difference to anyone when someone plays Chattanooga?? Who gives a fuck if its week 1 or week 11?? If anything its probably tougher to play a game like that late in the year than early because if you play it ealry at least you have the excitement of the new season. Playing it late gives you more of a chance of a letdown IMO

you are probably right

really nothing to be gained playing these teams in anything other than week one or two

(even then, not much to be gained!)

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't try to talk sense to em Horns. They will just deflect, and resort to na na na boo boo and school yard name calling.

Not once in my post did I deflect anything or call you a name? really!

Sense is in the eye of the beholder and the point of view you are coming from.

Lets see the point of view.

Big 12 perspective, no titles in last 7 years, only two tries in that time frame by two different teams.

SEC perspective, 7 titles in the last 7 years by 4 different teams. Seems the formula might be working to me.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Having had to replace so many big names made it rather scary starting the season with VT & A&M. It would have been much easier to have played some nobodies to get the team up to speed instead of trial by fire but nowhere near as exciting.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lay off the SEC. You guys don't understand how tough it is to play the likes of Kentucky, Vandy, TN, Florida, UGA, ole Miss, MS week in and week out.