• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seriously SEC? WTF?

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late Season SEC OOC Matchups (including weeks 12/13):

Georgia Southern;
Appalachian State;
Alabama State;
Coastal Carolina;
Tenn Chatanooga;
Florida Atlantic;
Furman;
Idaho;
Troy;
UTEP.

A lot of teams in big conferences will schedule 1 of these games early on. Forgiveable if the rest of your schedule makes up for it. But this many of these games - all late in the season - and all from the same conference, is ridiculous.

Why do the voters let them get away with this?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Georgia Southern;
Appalachian State;
Alabama State;
Coastal Carolina;
Tenn Chatanooga;
Florida Atlantic;
Furman;
Idaho;
Troy;
UTEP.

A lot of teams in big conferences will schedule 1 of these games early on. Forgiveable if the rest of your schedule makes up for it. But this many of these games - all late in the season - and all from the same conference, is ridiculous.

IMO its actually genius on the SEC's part. They open the conference season earlier with FULL knowledge that its better to lose early as opposed to late. If Bama loses week 2 to A&M and wins out they can easily make a title game. If they lose week 11 to the same A&M team they are screwed. Other conferences would be well advised to start doing the same. There is a reason so many 1 loss SEC teams make title games as opposed to other leagues and its not only the conference SOS.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#rolltidesec!sec!sec!youface

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly why they need 9 conf games.

Agreed. You have 14 teams, and only play 8 conference games - then multiple teams from your conference play multiple games like this ooc. It's embarrassing.

And I'll go ahead and start with:

:badmin:

Now that that's stated...

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Georgia Southern;
Appalachian State;
Alabama State;
Coastal Carolina;
Tenn Chatanooga;
Florida Atlantic;
Furman;
Idaho;
Troy;
UTEP.

LOL @ Texas! ole miss lololololol

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO its actually genius on the SEC's part. They open the conference season earlier with FULL knowledge that its better to lose early as opposed to late. If Bama loses week 2 to A&M and wins out they can easily make a title game. If they lose week 11 to the same A&M team they are screwed. Other conferences would be well advised to start doing the same. There is a reason so many 1 loss SEC teams make title games as opposed to other leagues and its not only the conference SOS.

Lost to em in week 10 last year and still made it to the title game. Only took a shit ton of luck for others to lose.

:dance:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost to em in week 10 last year and still made it to the title game. Only took a shit ton of luck for others to lose.

:dance:

LOL, well sure things happen but GENERALLY speaking its better to lose late. There is a reason so many traditionally big SEC mathcups take place in September :)

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, well sure things happen but GENERALLY speaking its better to lose late. There is a reason so many traditionally big SEC mathcups take place in September :)

I like the early season big match-ups personally. Makes for an exciting start to the season.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC all up in your grape.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at some of the Big 12 OOC schedules, and then go back to us.

Lmao, Baylor and TTech I know had the weakest of the weak.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gorilla.jpg

Seriously, i dont like to make fun of people, but how many times does this thread have to be done to get all the possible reasons? It comes to a point when one can deduce that certain people are dense and cannot intake information, or they are attention whores and want to rehash something someone else brought up just a few days ago. Originality is a lost art i guess.