• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Pens vs Rangers round 2

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny I was thinking the same thing.

I would love if this team gets Trotz to coach them.

The only saving grace next year is Adams will be a scratch with the new coach and I have nothing on Scuderi I have no clue how they will hide that one.

I'm hoping for John Hynes.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5th year in a row the Pens lose to a lower seed...Abysmal has to go

mtm166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New GM. New coach. Start over. Disco and Silent Ray are joined at the hip. Both deserve the door. Dan is Ray's guy and he went to bat for him after last season's flame out making him every bit as accountable as Disco. The way we develop/utilize our young talent is awful and that is every bit as much Ray's fault as it is the coaching staff. And if Ray is left in charge, we're essentially giving him free reign over picking another coach. I don't want to see that happen again. If they are going to clean house, then pony up and really do it. It probably won't help much with this upcoming draft class but this thing needs torn up.

mtm166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only saving grace is we might be lucky enough to get a guy like Trotz.

I hope not. What has he ever won in N'ville? Nothing. He's a veteran coach who has won absolutely nothing in his career. I'm not sure who it should be myself, but I really hope it's not mediocre Trotz. But, if Ray stays in charge it could very well happen.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only saving grace is we might be lucky enough to get a guy like Trotz.

I hope not. What has he ever won in N'ville? Nothing. He's a veteran coach who has won absolutely nothing in his career. I'm not sure who it should be myself, but I really hope it's not mediocre Trotz. But, if Ray stays in charge it could very well happen.

He took mediocre teams to the playoffs on a yearly basis. And he's well know as a guy that can put structure into a team. He's a known tactician, and his teams were disciplined. Maybe he can't get the team over the top, but there isn't anything to suggest he can't.

If you turn your nose up to Trotz who is better? Torts? Ron Wilson? Mike Keenan?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, one hell of a fucking series we had on hand. Lot of ups and downs, this one was a memorable series. :suds:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe, if they actually think he is the right man for the job. I'm kind of sick of the ince$t within the Pens system.

I honestly think they need an outside voice to come in. Wouldn't be against him as an assistant though.

EDIT: I think they need a guy with NHL experience too. He never even played in the league. I don't see it being a good fit when the guy has never been in an NHL arena except as a fan.

Last edited by a moderator:

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One I didn't think we would overcome, not after that game 4 beatdown you guys gave us.

Yeah, it was certainly a weird series in that regard. Rangers go two games without scoring a goal, then the Pens go three games without even having a lead.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, if they actually think he is the right man for the job. I'm kind of sick of the ince$t within the Pens system.

I honestly think they need an outside voice to come in. Wouldn't be against him as an assistant though.

I certainly think we need to promote him before we lose him. He's done a great job with WBS over the years (especially on the defensive front). Really hope we give him a chance.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly think we need to promote him before we lose him. He's done a great job with WBS over the years (especially on the defensive front). Really hope we give him a chance.

Well, I agree there, he seems like he is a good teacher at the very least. Still I think he even needs NHL experience, I edited that last post but he's never played or coached in the league. He's never been in an NHL except as a fan. Seems like a recipe for disaster.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I agree there, he seems like he is a good teacher at the very least. Still I think he even needs NHL experience, I edited that last post but he's never played or coached in the league. He's never been in an NHL except as a fan. Seems like a recipe for disaster.

Same could've been said about Scotty Bowman before he got hired by the Blues.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW I'm not saying Hynes will be the next Bowman, just saying he should be given a chance. We got nothing to lose next season IMO.

mtm166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EDIT: I think they need a guy with NHL experience too. He never even played in the league. I don't see it being a good fit when the guy has never been in an NHL arena except as a fan.

I think a Trotz hiring would be just as incestuous as hiring from within the Pens system proper. Shero, if he is still employed by the Pens, needs to look outside his little Pitts-Nashville circle of friends. I have no interest in becoming Nashville. I want Cups, not playoff appearances.

mtm166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have loved to see Lavliolette get the job. Too bad he's off the market. He's won and he's got just enough of a hard edge to keep the inmates from running the asylum. That's the mold I'd look for.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing this hurts even more now knowing that Montreal beat Boston. I think we would have had a pretty decent chance of beating Montreal if we had advanced.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing this hurts even more now knowing that Montreal beat Boston. I think we would have had a pretty decent chance of beating Montreal if we had advanced.

I think Montreal would've tore us up worse than the Rangers after game 4 to be honest.