• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC sets a record while LSU joins a small group of elites

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did Florida State set a record over the 3 days.

We had 2 4-star receivers/seniors not drafted.

1 4-star DB, who came out early, not drafted but did sign as an URFA.

1 5-star DB, senior, not drafted, but did sign as and URFA

Nobody could under develop talent like Willie Taggert.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's a stat that may be worse. These guys played high school football in Texas and were drafted early. Not one of them played college football at the University of Texas or Texas A&M University. Zip, nada, none.
At least LSU does a good job of locking down the state!

3. Jeff Okudah, Ohio State
17. CeeDee Lamb, Oklahoma
20. K'Lavon Chaisson, LSU
21. Jalen Reagor, TCU
23. Kenneth Murray, Oklahoma
27. Jordyn Brooks, Texas Tech
31. Jeff Gladney, TCU
39. Robert Hurt, Louisiana
40. Ross Blacklook, TCU
42. Laviska Shenault Jr., Colorado
44. Grant Delpit, LSU
45. Antoine Winfield Jr., Minnesota
53. Jalen Hurts, Oklahoma
55. J.K. Dobbins, Ohio State
59. Denzel Mims, Baylor

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't really say much seeing how Washington bombed in this year's draft.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a stat that may be worse. These guys played high school football in Texas and were drafted early. Not one of them played college football at the University of Texas or Texas A&M University. Zip, nada, none.

21. Jalen Reagor, TCU
31. Jeff Gladney, TCU
40. Ross Blacklook, TCU
44. Grant Delpit, LSU
59. Denzel Mims, Baylor

I understand that. I could probably compile a similar list of HS athletes from Florida who went out of state.

Texas and TAM can only sign 25 each per year. Texas produces 400 Div 1 prospects per year. 350 are going to go
somewhere else every year.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that. I could probably compile a similar list of HS athletes from Florida who went out of state.

Texas and TAM can only sign 25 each per year. Texas produces 400 Div 1 prospects per year. 350 are going to go
That's fair.... But A&M and Texas are the biggest programs in the state. 15 guys from the state got drafted before anyone from either of those programs did.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair.... But A&M and Texas are the biggest programs in the state. 15 guys from the state got drafted before anyone from either of those programs did.

They can't top us. FAU and FIU had more people picked than we did. Granted, we were a young football team, but our quality recruits were never developed. In skills and/or attitude.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't top us. FAU and FIU had more people picked than we did. Granted, we were a young football team, but our quality recruits were never developed. In skills and/or attitude.
Was Jimbo part of the problem or is the administration to blame?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True. But you'd think blind luck would even get UT or A&M one kid out of those 400 in the first two rounds! Hell, lowly TCU had three before either Texas flagship school got even one! (Which doesn't say much for how TCU utilized prospective NFL talent.) Both the rusty cows and the ag nuts have underperformed IMHO.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

21. Jalen Reagor, TCU
31. Jeff Gladney, TCU
40. Ross Blacklook, TCU
44. Grant Delpit, LSU
59. Denzel Mims, Baylor

texASS only develops cupcakes. Entitled pussys, that never become football players. Why would a kid want to go to a place, that's a deadends. A lot of waisted talent over the decade, that nobody ever hears about.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
texASS only develops cupcakes. Entitled pussys, that never become football players. Why would a kid want to go to a place, that's a deadends. A lot of waisted talent over the decade, that nobody ever hears about.
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

21. Jalen Reagor, TCU
31. Jeff Gladney, TCU
40. Ross Blacklook, TCU
44. Grant Delpit, LSU
59. Denzel Mims, Baylor

Can you blame A&M for shying away from these guys...I mean who wants to see the QB you recruit go win a Heisman at Oklahoma.....

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Somebody is going to the Raiders"

94755991_3044483912239915_4402267106746302464_o.jpg

:o

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Jimbo part of the problem or is the administration to blame?

It's hard to put it in words.

Jimbo was responsible for the things he did...BUT he was an excellent recruiter. He brought good talent to Tally.
You could question the character of some of them, but they had talent. Most of the skill people were properly developed.
Some of his issues was trying to fit square pegs into round holes. I think he recuited more for the "stars" than for the
needs. One example, and there are a few others, would be James Wilder Jr. He was a solid 5-star. He would have been
an All-American if he had gone to Ga Tech, as he once contemplated and played the Fullback position for Paul
Johnson. But at 6-5, 240 being timed in the 40 with a calendar does not fit a read option running attack. Thus he was
mostly useless for us. He didn't really help in short yardage, because defenses would get to him before he got
started, thanks to Trickett, who Fisher would never fire.

The administration is probably the blame for Taggert. They didn't prevent him from doing anything, but they hired
him for all the wrong reasons. Taggert's assistant's that he hired, were, as a group, probably the worst in FSU
History. They didn't teach anybody anything. Practice was unorganized chaos.

I'll stop for now, before I get irked.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you blame A&M for shying away from these guys...I mean who wants to see the QB you recruit go win a Heisman at Oklahoma.....
I'm going to have to walk back my underperformance ragging on UT and A&M a little. There some worse underperformers out there. I heard on Mark Packer's XM show today a worse stat. Since the CFP era, the teams that have had the most NFL players drafted are:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. LSU
4. Florida
5. Clemson
6. Michigan
7. Miami

8. Georgia and Oklahoma
10. Auburn

Four of the 10 schools with the most NFL draftees haven't even sniffed the playoffs! I couldn't believe the Miami one when I heard it.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

21. Jalen Reagor, TCU
31. Jeff Gladney, TCU
40. Ross Blacklook, TCU
44. Grant Delpit, LSU
59. Denzel Mims, Baylor

We gotta take a quick walk through memory lane on this one.. Dobbins and Browning were UT silents after the ND win, then Strong went on to have a disastrous season which led to him being axed. Not only did they go to tosu, but Chaisson and Little also began to take LSU and Stanford more seriously after Strong was a dead man walking. Chaisson silently committed to UT before he also gave a silent to LSU 2 days later. Little chose Stanford after a 3 hour slide show of him as an infant.

Jordan Brooks was a suprise take at LB.. in 2016 Texas grabbed the top rated LB in Eric Fowler who transferred after Strong got fired, Texas also recruited and got Jeffrey McCullough who had a disappointing career after flashing as a freshman.

Texas straight slow played Murray and even White. Denzil Mims was an afterthought. Ross Blacklock surprised me.. Texas had Jordan Elliot (who also was drafted over the weekend) who was hire ranked than Blacklock, he too transfered after Strong got canned.

All I'm saying is that it's fair to be upset with Texas, Deep Creek, but this season and this next draft will be telling of Tom Herman at Texas. His first real recruiting class (2018) are entering it's jr seasons, while his transition class are seniors.. I know Cosmi will be a 1st rounder rounder as will Joseph Ossai.

So I do feel your pain, but I know that we have had much better talent coming in once Tom took over. Think Ash is going to really benefit with a experienced defense heading into 2020

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL.. yet kids still choose Texas way more than ou.. cause #ouSUCKS.. Don't worry, as long as kids can't qualify anywhere, like putting hands on women or can't cut it on another school's roster..ou will welcome them with open legs.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gotta take a quick walk through memory lane on this one.. Dobbins and Browning were UT silents after the ND win, then Strong went on to have a disastrous season which led to him being axed. Not only did they go to tosu, but Chaisson and Little also began to take LSU and Stanford more seriously after Strong was a dead man walking. Chaisson silently committed to UT before he also gave a silent to LSU 2 days later. Little chose Stanford after a 3 hour slide show of him as an infant.

Jordan Brooks was a suprise take at LB.. in 2016 Texas grabbed the top rated LB in Eric Fowler who transferred after Strong got fired, Texas also recruited and got Jeffrey McCullough who had a disappointing career after flashing as a freshman.

Texas straight slow played Murray and even White. Denzil Mims was an afterthought. Ross Blacklock surprised me.. Texas had Jordan Elliot (who also was drafted over the weekend) who was hire ranked than Blacklock, he too transfered after Strong got canned.

All I'm saying is that it's fair to be upset with Texas, Deep Creek, but this season and this next draft will be telling of Tom Herman at Texas. His first real recruiting class (2018) are entering it's jr seasons, while his transition class are seniors.. I know Cosmi will be a 1st rounder rounder as will Joseph Ossai.

So I do feel your pain, but I know that we have had much better talent coming in once Tom took over. Think Ash is going to really benefit with a experienced defense heading into 2020
It just puzzles me why Texas and A&M can't get enough bang for their buck...so to speak. It seems like we Texans have resorted to the mentality that winning on the field is secondary to the amount of resources and pretty shiny objects we display and/or perceived to have. Hell, look at the Cowboys. Most profitable US sports franchise and can't win shit. But they damn sure win the money game!

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just puzzles me why Texas and A&M can't get enough bang for their buck...so to speak. It seems like we Texans have resorted to the mentality that winning on the field is secondary to the amount of resources and pretty shiny objects we display and/or perceived to have. Hell, look at the Cowboys. Most profitable US sports franchise and can't win shit. But they damn sure win the money game!
Some terrible luck too.. Jonathan Gray was supposed to be the legit back we needed since Benson, and injuries riddled him. If you want to have a depressing lunch, go take a look at Mack's last #1 ranked class in the nation.. Goes down as one of the worst.. Outside of Strongs transition class of 2014.
Guess it's not great to have 2 transition classes within 4 seasons huh?

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a fun stat the other day:

LSU is the first school to have a QB, WR, and RB all chosen in the 1st round

Is that true? Seems like it would have happened before