• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC has 10 schools ranked in Ap Top 25... Why?

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I need to ask why, LOL?

And yet, let's look at who got ranked and in what order.

#2 Alabama
#6 Auburn
#10 Georgia
#14 LSU
#16 Texas A & M
#17 Ole Miss
#18 Arkansas???
#20 Missouri????
#23 Tennessee???
#25 Mississippi St.

Now... Because I don't want my love for the Mountaineers to cloud my judgment on this... I'm intentionally NOT GOING TO RANK THEM FOR THE AKE OF THIS ARGUMENT ONLY. I know what I feel... But, time needs to run its course. Georgia Southern needs to prove themselves (they will), and a Liberty win will not get us ranked. I'm okay with that for now. But....

I'm sorry, but 10 SEC schools do not deserve Top 25 consideration. Let's start with Tennessee. What have they accomplished to be in the Top 25? Nothing yet. Yes, the SEC West is very strong, believe it or not, I like watching SEC football, but.... The SEC East is weak. Missouri... I don't agree but they are SEC East's defending champs. Georgia... Top 15 IMHO but not Top 10 yet. Arkansas... I like them, I think they CAN be a Top 25 team, but again, like Tennessee, what have they done other than be an SEC West member to deserve a Top 25 ranking?

Again, this is not a Typical SEC hater post. I think it is the best conference top to bottom. But... no way... I mean.... NO WAY should 10 SEC schools be ranked. I am sorry.

The next question is.... "Who would you rank other than: Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee?

That is a Fair Question.

For Missouri... KANSAS ST. I think pollsters underrate these guys every year. Very well coached. Not likely to win the national title... But better than Missouri.

For Arkansas.... BYU. Big win on the road at Nebraska. A quality win. That Boise St. v. BYU game is a legit Top 25 matchup.

For Tennessee... Wisconsin. I know. They lost. But they lost to ALABAMA. I think that is better than a home win to Bowling Green still. And talent wise... I think they have better talent.

Ironically, the lowest SEC ranked team... Mississippi St., I think DOES DESERVE that ranking. If you don't put WVU there, at least ;-)!

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee struggled with BG too. I din't think the Falcons were even a good MAC team, are they?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not deserved… and no longer the case.

SEC bias is strong…