• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC conf schedules set through 2025

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This schedule is more proof for what I've been saying for months. The SEC is basically stuffing the ballot box to make sure that it's top teams face as few obstacles as possible.

They all schedule a lot of creampuffs OOC, only playing one major conference team most years. Then they play 3 easy marks, almost always at home.

Then, the IC schedule is set up to favor the top teams by having 7 fixed games, and only rotating one game. This makes the schedules, and the opponents very predictable. Top coaches like Saban are always control freaks, uncertainty bugs them. So, in any given year, these coaches only have to prepare for a mere handful of unfamiliar foes. It makes the job easier, and the chances of going undefeated all the better.

Meanwhile, everyone else is scrambling, and could get ambushed in any number of games. The top SEC teams, year after year, have a lot more predictability. It adds up.

It would be brilliant if it wasn't so blatantly gaming the system.:scratch:

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'll only be 82.

36 years old... You! You ruined my life!!

d48rPHB.png

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't we have to wait for the current BCS agreement to run out before they went to this new system? I don't see this format changing before it runs out unless there is a reformation that leads to enough changes to warrant throwing that agreement out.

I guarantee there's some small print in the contract that allows for change after maybe 3/4 years.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This schedule is more proof for what I've been saying for months. The SEC is basically stuffing the ballot box to make sure that it's top teams face as few obstacles as possible.

They all schedule a lot of creampuffs OOC, only playing one major conference team most years. Then they play 3 easy marks, almost always at home.

Then, the IC schedule is set up to favor the top teams by having 7 fixed games, and only rotating one game. This makes the schedules, and the opponents very predictable. Top coaches like Saban are always control freaks, uncertainty bugs them. So, in any given year, these coaches only have to prepare for a mere handful of unfamiliar foes. It makes the job easier, and the chances of going undefeated all the better.

Meanwhile, everyone else is scrambling, and could get ambushed in any number of games. The top SEC teams, year after year, have a lot more predictability. It adds up.

It would be brilliant if it wasn't so blatantly gaming the system.:scratch:

:laugh3::laugh3:

:drink:

I mean it's not like the SEC just expanded and has to redo conference schedules or anything