• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC Championship pregame discussion thread

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama opens up as 10.5 point favorites, but I expect that line to move closer to two TDs before kickoff.

Bama has been kicking ass all season.

Georgia is coming in on fire, playing by far their best ball of the season.

Game might be closer than some expect, but a blowout win for Bama wouldn't surprise me either.

Georgia is the youngest team in the SEC and one of the youngest teams in the country with 68% of the roster being underclassmen, and that's with a weak senior class too, so the fact that we've made it this far is encouraging for the future.

uga8766

Supreme Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A month ago, I assumed we would just be the sacrificial lamb for Bama to slaughter. Now, Georgia has shown flickers of life and consequently, I have raised my expectations to about a 30% chance.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A month ago, I assumed we would just be the sacrificial lamb for Bama to slaughter. Now, Georgia has shown flickers of life and consequently, I have raised my expectations to about a 30% chance.

Yeah, the way we've been playing ever since the LSU game gives me hope that if we bring our A game and Bama is a bit flat we can win this. Of course, if Bama brings their A game, it doesn't matter because then we can play to the absolute best of our ability and it won't be enough.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia doesnt have that many sacks. Of they cant pressure Tua they have zero chance. Thats the key to the game IMO.

uga8766

Supreme Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia doesnt have that many sacks. Of they cant pressure Tua they have zero chance. Thats the key to the game IMO.
Agreed, but that is one of the areas that has changed a lot in the last several games.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We've been getting more lately. Sack numbers aren't high, but we have gotten pressure on the QB all season, just not a lot of sacks to show for it, but it has picked up of late with the emergence of Jordan Davis at NT and Jonathan Ledbetter getting healthy.

Not that it really matters, but we have two really good, one exceptionally good cover corners(Tua won't have a Malcomb Parrish to pick on). I think our secondary is good enough to slow down Bama's passing game, but I'm not sure we can slow down the run game(though it has gotten better with the emergence of Jordan Davis and Jonathan Ledbetter getting healthy)

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been getting more lately. Sack numbers aren't high, but we have gotten pressure on the QB all season, just not a lot of sacks to show for it, but it has picked up of late with the emergence of Jordan Davis at NT and Jonathan Ledbetter getting healthy.

Not that it really matters, but we have two really good, one exceptionally good cover corners(Tua won't have a Malcomb Parrish to pick on). I think our secondary is good enough to slow down Bama's passing game, but I'm not sure we can slow down the run game(though it has gotten better with the emergence of Jordan Davis and Jonathan Ledbetter getting healthy)
How many guys can those corners cover at once? When 4 receivers(all exceptional in ball skills) go out, which two will each cover at once? Oops, forgot we have an all world Tight end that runs like WR and two very good receiving RB's as well. Yeah, I like our chances, but Kirby knows Bama, so all bets are off.

We just need to stop the run and let our secondary do its usual. Georgia will score, but will they be able to score 50?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many guys can those corners cover at once? When 4 receivers(all exceptional in ball skills) go out, which two will each cover at once? Oops, forgot we have an all world Tight end that runs like WR and two very good receiving RB's as well. Yeah, I like our chances, but Kirby knows Bama, so all bets are off.

We just need to stop the run and let our secondary do its usual. Georgia will score, but will they be able to score 50?

Probably can't score 50, but I don't think Bama will score 50 either.

And I've it 100 times, I don't think we're winning this game, and it's far more probable that we get blown out than cover the spread.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is baker really any better than greedy williams?

Hard to tell. His name rarely gets mentioned because he doesn't get thrown at much. But Tua can fit balls into windows that most QBs can't, so we'll see. Projected first round draft pick though.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HOLY SHIT!! Our best pass rusher who hasnt played all year might be back for the SECCG!!

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HOLY SHIT!! Our best pass rusher who hasnt played all year might be back for the SECCG!!

He's debating? Has he been hurt or something? If he's healthy and can play, what's there to debate?

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's debating? Has he been hurt or something? If he's healthy and can play, what's there to debate?
Tore his ACL in early June. Its been almost 6 months so he should be cleared. Terrell was a monster for us in the playoffs last year. By far our best pass rusher but he probably wouldnt be in game shape Saturday.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tore his ACL in early June. Its been almost 6 months so he should be cleared. Terrell was a monster for us in the playoffs last year. By far our best pass rusher but he probably wouldnt be in game shape Saturday.

I remember him well.

6 months is a little soon for a pass rusher to come off of an ACL injury though.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be even better if they don't let Tua have the ball. But, can the Georgia offense produce against the Bama D? That is a bigger question IMO.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be even better if they don't let Tua have the ball. But, can the Georgia offense produce against the Bama D? That is a bigger question IMO.
They will score about the same amount as they scored last year IMO....about 24 points.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is an important key to the game.

But UGA doesn't have to sack Tua...just pressure him. "Make him
throw the ball when they want him to throw it, not when he wants
to throw it."

Bama runs many double-move routes. Pressure doesn't allow them
to do that.

Pressure could disrupt what they want to do.