• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sean lee

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we need to draft at his position this spring...
What do you think about Smith? I'm so disappointed in his instincts and feel for the game based on what I expected from his College career but I think he will be healthier next year and a much better player. I still think he can be a dynamic player. Hitchens is a solid starter and that leaves Wilson as a #4 and needed only for injury substitutions and to rotate in from time to time. I'm a BPA guy but I wouldn't mind another OL, safety (though Woods looks like a keeper) and WR before LB.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think about Smith? I'm so disappointed in his instincts and feel for the game based on what I expected from his College career but I think he will be healthier next year and a much better player. I still think he can be a dynamic player. Hitchens is a solid starter and that leaves Wilson as a #4 and needed only for injury substitutions and to rotate in from time to time. I'm a BPA guy but I wouldn't mind another OL, safety (though Woods looks like a keeper) and WR before LB.
Man, to me Smith looks scared. Not saying I blame him after the injury he had, but he is so fast in space yet so slow to fill. He's a step slow everywhere

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure about Smith anymore. The lack of instincts are a red flag. I'm not giving up on him, but I'm not gonna hold my breath on him becoming a star player either. You can't make the negative plays that he continues to make and blame it on the injuries. Sean Lee had his share of injuries coming out of college as well. Not nearly as bad as Smith's, but he had injuries yet when we saw him on the football field we immediately saw his instincts in play. Smith is just not playing well, period. The injury isn't an excuse for these negative plays. If he's not sure of himself, he doesn't need to be on the field.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, to me Smith looks scared. Not saying I blame him after the injury he had, but he is so fast in space yet so slow to fill. He's a step slow everywhere
I agree, but if the two things you wrote are the biggest issue this year...next year he will be one year further from the injury and less "scared" and if he sees continued improvement he should be quicker and have more burst and better lateral movement too. So even if his "Bradie James like" instincts continue he should have better recovery speed or shiftiness to make up for it a little. I said all along year 3 was the year to judge him on. Right after the draft I read an article that approached it medically and said no chance he plays year one. Year two he should be on the field but just starting to get to full health and by the end of year 2 and start of year 3 he will be about as healthy as he ever will be (it's still up in the air how much he will ever recover). That made the most sense to me then and I'm still going with that.

At the beginning of the year my opinion of him was seen as too negative and I was fine with that and now my opinion of him for next year may seem too positive but I am fine with that too. Part of it may just be that he is such a great kid and I'm just rooting for him and part of it may be how great he was in College. I hope we see that player here next year.