• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks vs. Redskins

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap...everyone in the stand was confused by the Carpenter personal foul. Watching it now...Jesus...what an atrocious call. In a vacuum it's worth noting, but in a night with a bunch of very marginal calls...it's just laughable.

It's painful obvious the refs were under orders to keep the score a non-Seahawks blowout.

But the result was a flag fest which ruined the game experience. Mission accomplished Goodell. The Redskins were made too look better for its tv market.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh the refs obvious goal to keep the primetime game close was pretty understandable. There was a good 4-5 calls on Seattle that were non-calls and the Skins got away with massive holds in the 2nd half. No worries though, case where the better team prevailed and beat two teams.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ref/NFL conspiracy is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no conspiracy. Truth be told there were only two penalties that I felt were highly questionable. The Carpenter personal foul and the false start by Harvin.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe there were 13 penalties called on Seattle last night. 3 of them that I can remember were bad calls. Instead of crying conspiracy theory about some league mandated game control, talk about the 10 that were no ones fault but their own. Drop that in half and the game isn't even close in the 4th.

Having 3-4 bad calls is the norm anymore. It isn't targeted and wasn't "obviously" directed by Goodell or anyone else. The Carpenter 15y penalty was flat out wrong and the league will say so today. Took 7 off the board for nothing. The false start on Harvin was wrong and again took 7 off the board. At least you can understand how that got flagged as Harvin didn't exactly play it right, but still committed no actual violation. He's allowed by rule to either go into full motion or simply turn sideways (as he did) before the snap.

Bad calls are bad calls.

Seattle still needs to stop shooting themselves in the feet with defensive encroachment, false start, and needless holding penalties. One of the holding calls saved Wilson's ass so you can argue it was a good foul, but there were others that just shouldn't happen.

Fix the ones you have no excuse for committing in the first place before you whine too much about the ones the refs flat out screw up.

Great teams win despite bad calls. So go be great.