• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks @ Packers 5:40 Central Sunday on Fox

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it either. That Packers defense was gassed but huddle up to give them a quick breather. Too many slow starts and this one costed them. I wouldn't mind seeing Shotty go and bring in a OC that won't handcuff Wilson and get the offense flowing in the first half. I'm aggravated.

This offense runs at one tempo. Unless they get in a big hole and then it's Wilson dictating the tempo. He's got to be the guy that's dictating it at this point because he's obviously very good at it. The whole reason we started this read option way back when was because he suggested it against the Bears his rookie season. It hasn't worked in years but we still run that pathetic shit.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense runs at one tempo. Unless they get in a big hole and then it's Wilson dictating the tempo. He's got to be the guy that's dictating it at this point because he's obviously very good at it. The whole reason we started this read option way back when was because he suggested it against the Bears his rookie season. It hasn't worked in years but we still run that pathetic shit.

It seems like this offense moves when its up tempo and today would have been a good game to do it knowing the run game was useless.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're wrong, and it's not the run off it that killed the Packers in the 2nd half, it was the run fake and Wilson rolling out. Take a good look at the 3rd quarter and that's where Wilson did most of his damage.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Pack fans, good luck next weekend against the Niners.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like this offense moves when its up tempo and today would have been a good game to do it knowing the run game was useless.
The tale of this game, was the Seahawks couldn't run the ball (O-line) and the Hawks couldn't stop the Pack on 3rd downs.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the "no clear recovery " thing is an actual rule so there's that. What can the ref do if he didn't see who got the ball at the bottom of the pile? Just give it to whoever he thinks got it?
Seems like they usually just give it to whoever comes up with it at the bottom of the pile. Never seen them make this kind of a ruling in this kind of a situation.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tale of this game, was the Seahawks couldn't run the ball (O-line) and the Hawks couldn't stop the Pack on 3rd downs.

Yah, Seattle just had too many injuries to overcome. If Carson or Penny were healthy and their OLINE wasn't a mess, this game may have gone differently, but who knows.

Was a well fought game, Seattle was in it until the end. Sucks that one of the two biggest teams I hate in the NFC (49ers/Packers) will be going to the Super Bowl.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The o-line has been banged up and bad for most of the season but the run game fell flat once Carson and Penny went down. I wished the used Homer more tonight cause he was getting a few more yards than Lynch. Norton takes the blame for not doubling Adams and that costed them in the end.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the hate flow and tell us how you really feel...wait...are you Michael Crabtree?
No reason to do otherwise. Not Michael Crabtree but I sold him a house a couple of years ago.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, Seattle just had too many injuries to overcome. If Carson or Penny were healthy and their OLINE wasn't a mess, this game may have gone differently, but who knows.

Was a well fought game, Seattle was in it until the end. Sucks that one of the two biggest teams I hate in the NFC (49ers/Packers) will be going to the Super Bowl.
Opposite for me. I've despised the Seahawks ever since the non stop bragging by the Legion of Doom and how they cheated on every play because they knew the refs wouldn't call it on every play.
But Seattle's problem wasn't injuries, its horrendous coaching. They have a game plan and they get stomped in the first half trying to implement it then in the second half they throw it out the window and let Wilson improvise and free lance and that works. Its a terrible plan but its all they have.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opposite for me. I've despised the Seahawks ever since the non stop bragging by the Legion of Doom and how they cheated on every play because they knew the refs wouldn't call it on every play.
But Seattle's problem wasn't injuries, its horrendous coaching. They have a game plan and they get stomped in the first half trying to implement it then in the second half they throw it out the window and let Wilson improvise and free lance and that works. Its a terrible plan but its all they have.

How did the LOB cheat?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The o-line has been banged up and bad for most of the season but the run game fell flat once Carson and Penny went down. I wished the used Homer more tonight cause he was getting a few more yards than Lynch. Norton takes the blame for not doubling Adams and that costed them in the end.
It wouldn't surprise me if the Hawks replaced Norton in the off season.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman and Chancellor both said "we hold on every play because we know the refs can't call it on every play even if they see it"

I never heard that one but I'm sure all CBs back then did that to the WRs before the rules changed.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree the coaching has been a major problem all season. Once they let Wilson 'Wilson' they were fine.

LOB cheating? Uh... k bro... not sure I follow you there.

Saw your comment 'hold on every play'... uh, holding happens on EVERY play, it's how much you hold, when you hold, etc. Your 49ers got away with holding murder against Seattle in the first showing and weren't called.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never heard that one but I'm sure all CBs back then did that to the WRs before the rules changed.
True. I remember as a kid watching Mel Blount beat the hell out of Cliff Branch all the way down the field on a pass pattern and nothing was called. He'd get arrested if he did that to someone today.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't surprise me if the Hawks replaced Norton in the off season.

They need to. Way too many times our LBs were getting burned on crossing routes not being able to keep up with the WRs when he should have changed into the nickle pkg. Tonight should have doubled Adams cause he's their only WR threat. I mean common sense stuff.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the coaching has been a major problem all season. Once they let Wilson 'Wilson' they were fine.

LOB cheating? Uh... k bro... not sure I follow you there.

Saw your comment 'hold on every play'... uh, holding happens on EVERY play, it's how much you hold, when you hold, etc. Your 49ers got away with holding murder against Seattle in the first showing and weren't called.
But they freely admitted it and seemed proud of it. It was so nice to see Earl Thomas look like an old man in the Titans game and embarrassingly shy away from tackling Derrick Henry. I despise that dude.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to. Way too many times our LBs were getting burned on crossing routes not being able to keep up with the WRs when he should have changed into the nickle pkg. Tonight should have doubled Adams cause he's their only WR threat. I mean common sense stuff.
Well, they are not very good. That's not Norton's fault. They tackle well but are big and slow in coverage.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they freely admitted it and seemed proud of it. It was so nice to see Earl Thomas look like an old man in the Titans game and embarrassingly shy away from tackling Derrick Henry. I despise that dude.
You despise Earl? That's a weird one to hate out of that group