• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks GM 'kind of loves' Marshawn Lynch's act

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks GM 'kind of loves' Marshawn Lynch's act

Some might be tired of Marshawn Lynch's disdain for talking to the media or proclivity to make gestures that result in fines, but not the Seahawks brass.

"No, I kind of love his act," Seattle general manager John Schneider told reporters on Friday, per The News Tribune.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Sunday that the Seahawks were open to bringing back Lynch next season, despite entering 2014 with plans to part ways with their offensive stalwart.

"I mean, he's under contract next year," Schneider said Friday. "He's a warrior. Goes out there every weekend and lays it on the line. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a better running back in the National Football League."

Seahawks GM 'kind of loves' Marshawn Lynch's act - NFL.com

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Related,,,

Ian Rapoport reported on NFL Network's NFL GameDay Morning that the Seattle brass is now more than open to the possibility of bringing Lynch back at a salary of $5 million a year.

"... Mainly because he actually has outperformed his contract and clearly established himself as the identity of this team," Rapoport said. "Basically, they don't have a choice based on the way he plays to bring him back."

Seahawks open to bringing back Marshawn Lynch in '15 - NFL.com

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Everett Herald JS also said his greatest off season priority is signing BMax. He knows he will be a valuable FA CB and he wants to try to retain Max.
I am glad to hear this as I thought there is no way we can get Maxwell done if Wags and Russ get theirs.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Everett Herald JS also said his greatest off season priority is signing BMax. He knows he will be a valuable FA CB and he wants to try to retain Max.
I am glad to hear this as I thought there is no way we can get Maxwell done if Wags and Russ get theirs.

With the way things are we can roll out money,i have faith in how they manage it and now that Harvin is gone it will free up some.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch clearly exceeded expectations and deserves another year.

But I think next season may be his last as a Seahawk.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch clearly exceeded expectations and deserves another year.

But I think next season may be his last as a Seahawk.

Well see,hope him the best in any form,i know that if he gets offered a good amount he will take it with his charity thing he is committed to.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't see how they can sign Wilson, Maxwell, and Wagner. Just too much money. We need to fill holes on offense as well because I don't see Wilson taking another year of the kind of abuse he's had the last two.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how they can sign Wilson, Maxwell, and Wagner. Just too much money. We need to fill holes on offense as well because I don't see Wilson taking another year of the kind of abuse he's had the last two.

Does seem like a tall order, but if JS say's it is a priority in public, then I got to think they will find a way to get it done. The draft will be where they try to fill holes on the offense.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fans and mediots didnt think wed be able to sign kj and avril but we did....sooooo let js handle it ok.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a real good chance Lynch retires after next Sunday. That would suck but I know he was even talking about after last years Superbowl win.

If he did retire how would you feel about bringing in Adrian Peterson for a one year deal? There is a decent chance that Minny lets him go because of age, salary, and the "scandal" over spanking his kid. He's already 29 or 30 so it would be a short term thing but he should be pretty fresh after sitting a whole year.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL, decidedly, does not:

Marshawn Lynch Fined for TD Celebration: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction | Bleacher Report

Apparently the Super Bowl officials have been told to assess a 15-yard penalty if Lynch grabs his crotch again. Between the threat of ejection if he had decided to wear gold shoes last week and this, it's clear that the NFL has zero tolerance for Lynch anymore. If the Seahawks win next week, and maybe even if they don't, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he retired. The NFL is watching him so closely now that it's no longer going to cost just him when he does something to subvert the league. He may just decide to go home to Oakland and focus on his foundation. Doing so would also allow him to avoid the fate of so many running backs before him who stuck around too long and saw their abilities and production fall off a cliff. I just think there's too much incentive for him to retire after the season and fewer and fewer reasons to stay.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans and mediots didnt think wed be able to sign kj and avril but we did....sooooo let js handle it ok.

We'll see. The situation will obviously be different when the franchise QB is getting paid 20x what he used to though.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL, decidedly, does not:

Marshawn Lynch Fined for TD Celebration: Latest Details, Comments, Reaction | Bleacher Report

Apparently the Super Bowl officials have been told to assess a 15-yard penalty if Lynch grabs his crotch again. Between the threat of ejection if he had decided to wear gold shoes last week and this, it's clear that the NFL has zero tolerance for Lynch anymore. If the Seahawks win next week, and maybe even if they don't, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he retired. The NFL is watching him so closely now that it's no longer going to cost just him when he does something to subvert the league. He may just decide to go home to Oakland and focus on his foundation. Doing so would also allow him to avoid the fate of so many running backs before him who stuck around too long and saw their abilities and production fall off a cliff. I just think there's too much incentive for him to retire after the season and fewer and fewer reasons to stay.

There's a simple solution, which is don't grab your crotch when you do something great. I don't have a problem with that when I'm at work. Does he look down and say "Oh no! My hands on my junk again!" Maybe it's some kind of condition and get some sort of medical exemption or something.

The league isn't catching him on subtle things. He stonewalls the media and likes grabbing his junk on national TV. I love Lynch on the field but his act is getting old. It's in their contract to talk to the media so why should he get a free pass? The league would be a lot less interesting if it weren't for the post-game stuff, and if the players weren't required to do it then 90% of them would be out of the shower and in their cars without a word to the media. There's tons of bs that I have to do every day because it's my responsibility. Why should Lynch get a free pass?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a simple solution, which is don't grab your crotch when you do something great. I don't have a problem with that when I'm at work. Does he look down and say "Oh no! My hands on my junk again!" Maybe it's some kind of condition and get some sort of medical exemption or something.

The league isn't catching him on subtle things. He stonewalls the media and likes grabbing his junk on national TV. I love Lynch on the field but his act is getting old. It's in their contract to talk to the media so why should he get a free pass? The league would be a lot less interesting if it weren't for the post-game stuff, and if the players weren't required to do it then 90% of them would be out of the shower and in their cars without a word to the media. There's tons of bs that I have to do every day because it's my responsibility. Why should Lynch get a free pass?

I agree with you. I absolutely love him on the field, gives his all and is very special. However off the field (and some times on the field, like grabbing his junk) not so much. He's got some issues, that I wish he didn't have, but I'll always try to remember him for his play on the field.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a real good chance Lynch retires after next Sunday. That would suck but I know he was even talking about after last years Superbowl win.

If he did retire how would you feel about bringing in Adrian Peterson for a one year deal? There is a decent chance that Minny lets him go because of age, salary, and the "scandal" over spanking his kid. He's already 29 or 30 so it would be a short term thing but he should be pretty fresh after sitting a whole year.

AP is not even remotely on the radar for the hawks.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. I absolutely love him on the field, gives his all and is very special. However off the field (and some times on the field, like grabbing his junk) not so much. He's got some issues, that I wish he didn't have, but I'll always try to remember him for his play on the field.

Don't get me wrong. If the scale has Russell Wilson at 1 and Jerramy Stevens at 10 then I'd put him at 3. A DUI is a DUI but he was really low on the scale, and the other issue was him looking like a guy that some deranged woman went home with. Other than that I haven't heard anything about him in the news. The point is that I don't have sympathy for the fines and if he gets flagged for grabbing his crotch (which is taunting) then it's on him. I don't think that's going to happen though because he's a really disciplined player and wouldn't want to screw his team over.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong. If the scale has Russell Wilson at 1 and Jerramy Stevens at 10 then I'd put him at 3. A DUI is a DUI but he was really low on the scale, and the other issue was him looking like a guy that some deranged woman went home with. Other than that I haven't heard anything about him in the news. The point is that I don't have sympathy for the fines and if he gets flagged for grabbing his crotch (which is taunting) then it's on him. I don't think that's going to happen though because he's a really disciplined player and wouldn't want to screw his team over.

The off field issues I don't like are more team related. Like not being sure he wanted to get on the bus after Harvin was traded.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, the media doesn't want to talk to 90% of the players most of the time anyway. They want to talk to the guys that make (or fail to make) the biggest plays and to the guys who like to talk regardless of whether they're required to or not. I think that guys like Sherman, Wilson, Baldwin and Thomas would talk whether they were required to or not, and three of those guys would provide plenty of material for writers to use every week. I understand it's part of his job to be available to the media, but what I don't understand is why the media even bothers with him anymore when there are players on the team willing to talk and they know all they're going to get out of Lynch is the same word or phrase that never answers their questions. I don't think the media should care whether he talks or not. Either way, they're getting a story out of it. Honestly, neither side in this conflict comes off as particularly mature.

I do agree that Lynch is making his own bed here in terms of doing stuff he knows will get him fined and that's why I think he might retire after the season and do what he wants than play another season and do what the league wants him to do.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league should fine "ANYONE" during the SB that grabs their crotch, not just Lynch...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe the salary cap will be going up for the next few years which will help.