• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks coaching options

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.....i like it.
Same here. Adds some pizza to the off season. Obviously had a nice offense with the Huskies. The coaching hires been diverse Different types, different background, different ages.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty surprised by that to be honest, he must have liked living here.

So now we have to hear speculation about drafting penix for the next three monthss

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So now we have to hear speculation about drafting penix for the next three monthss
Nice to have new blood in Kirkland....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our coaching staff has some good info on college players that could be really useful.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass heavy....DK , Njigba and Lockett gotta be excited. Gonna be fun.Lets put some points up!!!!!!!!!!!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass heavy....DK , Njigba and Lockett gotta be excited. Gonna be fun.Lets put some points up!!!!!!!!!!!
Per ESPN:

pass-heavy offense that ranked sixth in FBS in yards per game (487.0) and sixth in scoring (36.7) in that span. With Michael Penix Jr. at quarterback, the Huskies led FBS in passing yards per game (355.8) the past two seasons and ranked 15th in dropback percentage, calling passing plays 61.8% of the time.

Should look like a more modern type of offense.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also bringing Huff back with him as well.

No idea if it will work, but boy are they leaving the Carroll era in the dust.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apart from a neutral opinion of the DC, which matters little as Mike Mac is the HC, I absolutely love every move to create this coaching staff. Youth, creativity, modernity, a sprinkle of experience with Frazier, yet not in a coordinator role, and the absence of good-ole-boys club re-retreads.

Such a welcome surprise in such a short amount of time. Will it work? Who the hell knows? But I love that they're taking real swings at something new.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alright then. Seems like a smart hire.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The spiteful part of me likes this for how it hampers DeBoer at 'Bama, but I also like the hire for the Hawks

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea if it will work, but boy are they leaving the Carroll era in the dust.
That's what we all wanted... Like they say, be careful what you wish for...

Not sure how I feel yet about the offensive coaching staff we assembled...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pete was great for us. But it was time for a change. There is certainly a risk this fall flat on their face but it's worth the gamble.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Change had to happen anyway.

Change where you keep staff and concepts from Carroll has the risk of more or less just staying the same with younger people.

Change where you bring in other established coaches and concepts from guys who bounce around has the risk of not panning out because it's guys who already didn't make it somewhere else.

Change for young unproven guys is just a different risk.

I'm sure we will all be yelling at bone headed youthful coaching mistakes at some time. Do we get enough positive to accept the growing pains of a young staff?

The problem is we still have the same problems with personnel. No staff is going to come in and make chicken salad out of the chicken crap pieces they have specifically on the defense. And they still have a pretty meh Geno Smith in the most important role on the team with (as it stands right now) no plan in place for the future at QB and not that many high round picks this year to immediately address that and the other glaring holes.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is we still have the same problems with personnel. No staff is going to come in and make chicken salad out of the chicken crap pieces they have specifically on the defense. And they still have a pretty meh Geno Smith in the most important role on the team with (as it stands right now) no plan in place for the future at QB and not that many high round picks this year to immediately address that and the other glaring holes.

This is where JS needs to show his game and how the past few drafts have been his drafts and not Pete's

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that surprises me about the staff is the DC, Durde who was DL coach under Quinn is that Quinn runs a 4-3. I would of expected someone with a history of playing the 3-4 like Macdonald did.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Macdonald is still going to call the defensive plays so DC doesn't seem as big of a role anyway.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Macdonald is still going to call the defensive plays so DC doesn't seem as big of a role anyway.
I get that Macdonald is calling the defensive plays and Frazier will assist him, but that's for this season. I just found it surprising the actual hire for DC experience is running the 4-3. I sort of expected Macdonald would bring some of the defensive staff from the Ravens over to help install his defensive scheme. Not complaining just noting something that surprised me.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete was great for us. But it was time for a change. There is certainly a risk this fall flat on their face but it's worth the gamble.

I 100% was/am on board for the change…

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Change had to happen anyway.

Change where you keep staff and concepts from Carroll has the risk of more or less just staying the same with younger people.

Change where you bring in other established coaches and concepts from guys who bounce around has the risk of not panning out because it's guys who already didn't make it somewhere else.

Change for young unproven guys is just a different risk.

I'm sure we will all be yelling at bone headed youthful coaching mistakes at some time. Do we get enough positive to accept the growing pains of a young staff?

No disagreement here