• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2020 Draft thread!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far i don't see a player they have taken that wont make the team. If anything they have upped the talent on the roster that's for sure. I saw a SLOW defense last season and they added some quickness there and athletes.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know to add a pdf to a post, but I was trying to bring in a picture of what CBS Sports has graded all our picks thus far (plus comments on each). Here's what it looks like for the grades so far with 1 pick remaining:
  • Jordyn Brooks C+
  • Darrell Taylor C+
  • Damien Lewis B
  • Colby Parkinson B+
  • DeeJay Dallas C+
  • Alton Robinson B-
So to compile it all, it looks like we are landing somewhere in the solid B range. No A grades, but also nothing lower than a C+.

I guess that seems fair. It's probably tough to get a really good draft grade when you're picking toward the end of round 1 and only make what amounts to 1 pick per round. But so far I'm content. We added 2 explosive athletes to address what was perceived to be our top weakness (pass rush); while neither player is viewed as a blue chip prospect, they should both make the team and have a chance to contribute right away. I don't really think there was a single player we could have drafted at any position that would be expected to be a starter in week 1, but I see several of these players -- maybe even all 6 of them -- having a good shot to immediately contribute quite a bit as a backup with just being an injury away from a starting role. I don't think we have taken a single player yet that won't either be a starter by year 2 or hold down a key backup/rotational role.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far i don't see a player they have taken that wont make the team. If anything they have upped the talent on the roster that's for sure. I saw a SLOW defense last season and they added some quickness there and athletes.

This defense is going back to those early 2010 days.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6th round update (minus pick 1):

1. Prince Tega Wanogho, T Auburn
  2. Netane Muti, G Fresno State
  3. Trey Adams, T Washington
  4. Hunter Bryant, TE Washington
  5. Alex Taylor, T SC State
  6. Donovan Peoples-Jones, WR Michigan
  7. Eno Benjamin, RB Arizona State
  8. Kalija Lipscomb, WR Vanderbilt
  9. J.R. Reed, S Georgia
  10. Calvin Throckmorton, G Oregon

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know to add a pdf to a post, but I was trying to bring in a picture of what CBS Sports has graded all our picks thus far (plus comments on each). Here's what it looks like for the grades so far with 1 pick remaining:
  • Jordyn Brooks C+
  • Darrell Taylor C+
  • Damien Lewis B
  • Colby Parkinson B+
  • DeeJay Dallas C+
  • Alton Robinson B-
So to compile it all, it looks like we are landing somewhere in the solid B range. No A grades, but also nothing lower than a C+.

I guess that seems fair. It's probably tough to get a really good draft grade when you're picking toward the end of round 1 and only make what amounts to 1 pick per round. But so far I'm content. We added 2 explosive athletes to address what was perceived to be our top weakness (pass rush); while neither player is viewed as a blue chip prospect, they should both make the team and have a chance to contribute right away. I don't really think there was a single player we could have drafted at any position that would be expected to be a starter in week 1, but I see several of these players -- maybe even all 6 of them -- having a good shot to immediately contribute quite a bit as a backup with just being an injury away from a starting role. I don't think we have taken a single player yet that won't either be a starter by year 2 or hold down a key backup/rotational role.

I have Bleacher report.

I've seen alot of B's for us.

With that being said. Prissy Pete grades for CBS.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see us taken a shot at Steven Montez, QB Colorado...

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:heh: This is childish, but the Lions just drafted a guy whose last name has the word "Penis" in it :lol:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good to know... Trent Williams is basically replacing Staley due to him deciding to hang them up and retire... They won't have both...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:heh: This is childish, but the Lions just drafted a guy whose last name has the word "Penis" in it :lol:

Dang... I bet he was never made fun of as a kid...

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good to know... Trent Williams is basically replacing Staley due to him deciding to hang them up and retire... They won't have both...
But its an upgrade (IMO), at a really low cost... I would have hoped we could make that same offer, or better.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But its an upgrade (IMO), at a really low cost... I would have hoped we could make that same offer, or better.

Williams wont play a full season and then will retire this next offseason.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know many don't like it but this "rebuild" will take another draft or 2. I like the pieces they got and lets hope they KILL IT in getting UDFA because that is an area that can REALLY shorten a rebuild. If the hawks bring back Clowney or sign Griffin i think the defense will be better but will still not be top 10-15 overall. Maybe close to 15 which is better than last year thats for sure but still not there.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is everyone feeling ?

1 27 LB Jordyn Brooks, Texas Tech C+
2 48* EDGE Darrell Taylor, Tennessee C+
3 69* G Damien Lewis, LSU B
4 133 TE Colby Parkinson, Stanford B+
4 144^ RB DeeJay Dallas, Miami C+
5 148* DE Alton Robinson, Syracuse B-

I was surprised we took a RB and TE, Although injuries have killed us there so I guess some depth makes sense... I like Lewis, he's a mauler.. It's good we attacked the pass rush which was a huge issue, hopefully some of those guy's pan out...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebuild? Is what we think we are doing? Really? You're always dealing with roster turnover at the bottom of the depth chart and top of the age column, but that doesn't equate to rebuild. To me, if you're rebuilding then that means you're making significant changes to the core of your team. It almost always includes a new coach or QB or both, and it hardly ever happens when you are coming off a season better than the one before it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was surprised we took a RB and TE, Although injuries have killed us there so I guess some depth makes sense... I like Lewis, he's a mauler.. It's good we attacked the pass rush which was a huge issue, hopefully some of those guy's pan out...

Our draft will be complete here in a handful of picks or so, and I think overall I'm pleased with it. My biggest complaint is no DT, as it seems we may be a tad lean there after losing Al Woods and Quinton Jefferson. I like the athleticism we added to the front 7 though. I can see all 6 of the players we have taken so far as either starters or major rotational contributors by 2021. Most should be contributing right away I would think.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR, Pattmon, WSU Cougar finally drafted...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our draft will be complete here in a handful of picks or so, and I think overall I'm pleased with it. My biggest complaint is no DT, as it seems we may be a tad lean there after losing Al Woods and Quinton Jefferson. I like the athleticism we added to the front 7 though. I can see all 6 of the players we have taken so far as either starters or major rotational contributors by 2021. Most should be contributing right away I would think.

We still have FA to add players.... Teams will start releasing players after the draft... I know you know this, just trying to reinforce hope... ;)

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is still hope for a DT here w. our 6...

I think we'll go DT or QB here...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would grade it a little differently myself, not to much though.

1. Brooks would be a B- for me
3. Lewis a C
4. Parkinson C+
4. Dallas C

those are my changes

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still have FA to add players.... Teams will start releasing players after the draft... I know you know this, just trying to reinforce hope... ;)

Yeah, you usually can't answer it all in the draft. Should be able to add a role player vet to the DL.