• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahaawks trade for Leonard Williams

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9ers trade for chase young son of a biiiiiiitch

For a 3rd round pick wtf thats highway robbery
We shook the Niners into making a deal. Makes me feel good.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams fits our scheme a lot better then Young
I'm rooting for it to work out great. I just hate trading away valuable draft capitol, future draft capitol. It's like buying on credit, need to be careful with that.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rooting for it to work out great. I just hate trading away valuable draft capitol, future draft capitol. It's like buying on credit, need to be careful with that.
It will be an interesting offseason

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the salary implications on that one? The Giants basically purchased the 2nd rounder by paying almost all the remaining salary

Chase only had $563,000 cap hit as he is still on his rookie deal.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping we were going to trade Eskridge and/or Mike Jackson but they probably didn't have any value.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the niners gave up the third planning on letting him walk after the season and recoup a 3rd comp pick.

So basically a rental to swap 2024 3rd for maybe a 2025 3rd.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9ers trade for chase young son of a biiiiiiitch

For a 3rd round pick wtf thats highway robbery

And we gave up what again? I told you Hawks always over pay. Young is 24 years old and still has "Upside". The only issue is we don't need a pure DE on this team as we have enough. Still the Capital they gave up for him is more inline to what the Hawks should have gave up for Williams WITH the Gaints still paying 90% or more of his current salary. Young has 5 sacks in 6 games. He could hit double digit sacks and is on pace for over 10 which is not bad. He is in the final year of his rookie contract so he is also a rental but i would assume they will do their best to resign him. He has a $2.9 Million cap hit ( but isn't owed all that anymore ) in 2023, That's below market value. Bosa/Young ... my stomach feels very sour right now. I would rather have talented YOUNG players than a talented OLDER player near the end of his career. DT have a shorter career on average than the overall average career length in the NFL. DT are slightly longer ( couple months ) than Linebackers. Most Linebackers start to fizzle at 30 on average. The best seem to carry it to 32-33 but with fast declining production.

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we gave up what again? I told you Hawks always over pay. Young is 24 years old and still has "Upside". The only issue is we don't need a pure DE on this team as we have enough. Still the Capital they gave up for him is more inline to what the Hawks should have gave up for Williams WITH the Gaints still paying 90% or more of his current salary. Young has 5 sacks in 6 games. He could hit double digit sacks and is on pace for over 10 which is not bad. He is in the final year of his rookie contract so he is also a rental but i would assume they will do their best to resign him. He has a $2.9 Million cap hit ( but isn't owed all that anymore ) in 2023, That's below market value. Bosa/Young ... my stomach feels very sour right now. I would rather have talented YOUNG players than a talented OLDER player near the end of his career. DT have a shorter career on average than the overall average career length in the NFL.
Its a roll of the dice for them
He plays well enough to get a big contract and he will walk, but maybe they win the SB
If he doesnt play that well then its a wash

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a roll of the dice for them
He plays well enough to get a big contract and he will walk, but maybe they win the SB
If he doesnt play that well then its a wash

And if he plays well and they don't resign him they will have compensation coming back to them, that's a SMART move.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we gave up what again? I told you Hawks always over pay. Young is 24 years old and still has "Upside". The only issue is we don't need a pure DE on this team as we have enough. Still the Capital they gave up for him is more inline to what the Hawks should have gave up for Williams WITH the Gaints still paying 90% or more of his current salary. Young has 5 sacks in 6 games. He could hit double digit sacks and is on pace for over 10 which is not bad. He is in the final year of his rookie contract so he is also a rental but i would assume they will do their best to resign him. He has a $2.9 Million cap hit ( but isn't owed all that anymore ) in 2023, That's below market value. Bosa/Young ... my stomach feels very sour right now. I would rather have talented YOUNG players than a talented OLDER player near the end of his career. DT have a shorter career on average than the overall average career length in the NFL. DT are slightly longer ( couple months ) than Linebackers. Most Linebackers start to fizzle at 30 on average. The best seem to carry it to 32-33 but with fast declining production.
I doubt they resign Chase. They already have a ton of cap space allocated to several star players. Highest paid LT, Highest paid RB, Highest paid TE, Highest paid DE and a steep contract to Deebo. I doubt they can afford to offer Chase anything substantial and he's pretty much a bust at this point anyway. Having said that, it's a savvy move that they basically gave up nothing for as a SB short term rental push. So tip'o'the cap to Lynch. As for us, I didn't want them to sign Clark but it's done and sobeit. I wouldn't like us going for Chase and then extending him. He's undisciplined, injury prone and by some accounts can be lazy and a "me first" guy. Bad fit for us and I don't ever buy the young upside argument. These guys are what they are and he doesn't fit the Seahawks model. As for Williams, the right fit for what we needed in order to compete with those good O-lines we have to face down the stretch and into the play-offs. He has 2-3 good years left in the tank, imo. Way better fit for the Seahawks scheme. Both a run stopper and a guy that can push the middle of the pocket. Way better than an edge guy who pads his stats vs. shitty teams Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't but I just disagree with your take Screamin. Cheers though pal. Let's have a beer and hopefully see the Niners fail miserably and take the division away from them. :suds:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they resign Chase. They already have a ton of cap space allocated to several star players. Highest paid LT, Highest paid RB, Highest paid TE, Highest paid DE and a steep contract to Deebo. I doubt they can afford to offer Chase anything substantial and he's pretty much a bust at this point anyway. Having said that, it's a savvy move that they basically gave up nothing for as a SB short term rental push. So tip'o'the cap to Lynch. As for us, I didn't want them to sign Clark but it's done and sobeit. I wouldn't like us going for Chase and then extending him. He's undisciplined, injury prone and by some accounts can be lazy and a "me first" guy. Bad fit for us and I don't ever buy the young upside argument. These guys are what they are and he doesn't fit the Seahawks model. As for Williams, the right fit for what we needed in order to compete with those good O-lines we have to face down the stretch and into the play-offs. He has 2-3 good years left in the tank, imo. Way better fit for the Seahawks scheme. Both a run stopper and a guy that can push the middle of the pocket. Way better than an edge guy who pads his stats vs. shitty teams Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't but I just disagree with your take Screamin. Cheers though pal. Let's have a beer and hopefully see the Niners fail miserably and take the division away from them. :suds:

How is 10.5 sacks a bust in 16 games? When he is healthy he is a fine player. I didn't say I would want him but saying he is a bust is narrow minded, people said that about Dissly and he is a great inline TE who is under used in the passing game for how talented he is as a receiver. Injuries have slowed down Youngs production for sure but his first year and so far this year he is looking good. He is also only 24. I dont like injury prone players no one does and thats why i wouldn't want him on the Hawks. Not to mention DE is kind of full even though we lost Nwosu.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really burying the lede when you say that we don't really need a pure DE.

The whole point of getting a rental player is to improve the team right now. Williams fills a much bigger need than Young would for this team.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me Williams over Young any day if we're talking about a 1/2 year rental.

I understand Young came cheap because he's still on his rookie deal, but Williams was required to come cheap because he's proven and that good. The Young to 49ers pick really doesn't bother me at all. Seattle did overpay for Williams with a 2nd rounder (should've been a 3rd) but that's the only way the trade could happen and was at a position Seattle needed the most. The whole, "Trade for Chris Jones!" commentary by various folks (not necessarily on this forum just social media in general) was beyond stupid. It couldn't happen due to cap issues.

Seattle has plenty of EDGE rushing power... what we didn't have was disruption to the level Leonard Williams will provide on the DL. Chase Young sounds like a rotational piece at San Fran. Leonard Williams is a cornerstone piece.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

About where I graded it (post #30).

I think for years Pete has been trying to find a replacement Michael Bennett and sadly has failed, but this is that player. Williams/Reed/Jones with Mafe/Witherspoon/Adams/Brooks/Clark options at the pass rush is going to be disgusting for offenses to play against.