• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahaawks trade for Leonard Williams

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waldrons first season with the Hawks this offense was top 5 in the redzone TD% the last 2 seasons with Geno they been 28th and 30th. Coincidence? I think not.

From SeasideJoe

If Geno was on the Vikings and Cousins was on the Seahawks and they were having the exact seasons they’re having now, would writers be ridiculed if they suggested that Seattle should make a QB swap trade? If Geno wasn’t able to start against the Bengals because of a hip injury and Lock had the exact same performance in Week 6 that Geno had—same stats, same throws, same everything—would there be arguments for Lock to continue starting even when Smith was healthy enough to return?

Would we say, “Not Lock’s fault!” about the red zone problems, the interceptions, the decisions, the missed open receivers, and turning his body directly into sacks?

We’re now up to at least three out of five games that Geno Smith isn’t at fault for not playing well.

make that 4 games now Seasidejoe!

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waldrons first season with the Hawks this offense was top 5 in the redzone TD% the last 2 seasons with Geno they been 28th and 30th. Coincidence? I think not.

From SeasideJoe

If Geno was on the Vikings and Cousins was on the Seahawks and they were having the exact seasons they’re having now, would writers be ridiculed if they suggested that Seattle should make a QB swap trade? If Geno wasn’t able to start against the Bengals because of a hip injury and Lock had the exact same performance in Week 6 that Geno had—same stats, same throws, same everything—would there be arguments for Lock to continue starting even when Smith was healthy enough to return?

Would we say, “Not Lock’s fault!” about the red zone problems, the interceptions, the decisions, the missed open receivers, and turning his body directly into sacks?

We’re now up to at least three out of five games that Geno Smith isn’t at fault for not playing well.

make that 4 games now Seasidejoe!

You are determined to make every thread about Geno, huh?

Pete would laugh in your face if you went up to him and said that he should bench Geno and put in Lock.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, regarding the Williams trade, the Seahawks made four other in season trades.

Percy Harvin
Jamal Adams
Duane Brown
Quandre Diggs

2 of those trades(Diggs and Brown) were straight up home run trades. Harvin was helpful in our SB win but went south quickly after that. Jamal is a net loss given what we gave up and how many injuries he has had.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, regarding the Williams trade, the Seahawks made four other in season trades.

Percy Harvin
Jamal Adams
Duane Brown
Quandre Diggs

2 of those trades(Diggs and Brown) were straight up home run trades. Harvin was helpful in our SB win but went south quickly after that. Jamal is a net loss given what we gave up and how many injuries he has had.

you forget marshawn lynch was also a in season trade.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Percy Harvin
Jamal Adams
Duane Brown
Quandre Diggs

Adams wasn't an in-season trade

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams wasn't an in-season trade

You're right. It was a training camp trade, done in desperation.

The track record is looking better and better.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Percy Harvin
Jamal Adams
Duane Brown
Quandre Diggs

Jamal Adams wasn't an in season trade. He was traded to us in July.

I still think Adams can be a good trade for Seattle. I mean he did make the #2 AP team in his first season with us and set a record for most sacks by a safety in a season... sucks he got injured but if he can stay healthy over the next 2 years and this year, it could still work out. He's still one of the better safeties in the NFL and is a dangerous pass rusher. Given Seattle is basically playing a 3-3-5, that's valuable.

Reed/Williams/Jones/Mafe (really glad he worked out, I gave it an A+ grade and wanted him)/Witherspoon/Adams is going to be difficult to run a passing offense against. I really hope Seattle can figure the fuckin' screen out because I think a lot of teams are going to watch that Browns game and do the same thing... it was really the only effective way the Browns moved (that and the refs hosing us).

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamal Adams wasn't an in season trade. He was traded to us in July.

I still think Adams can be a good trade for Seattle. I mean he did make the #2 AP team in his first season with us and set a record for most sacks by a safety in a season... sucks he got injured but if he can stay healthy over the next 2 years and this year, it could still work out. He's still one of the better safeties in the NFL and is a dangerous pass rusher. Given Seattle is basically playing a 3-3-5, that's valuable.

Reed/Williams/Jones/Mafe (really glad he worked out, I gave it an A+ grade and wanted him)/Witherspoon/Adams is going to be difficult to run a passing offense against. I really hope Seattle can figure the fuckin' screen out because I think a lot of teams are going to watch that Browns game and do the same thing... it was really the only effective way the Browns moved (that and the refs hosing us).
What kind of a grade wold you give Adams since he's been back? It would be hard not to give him at least a B+ imo... I wouldn't argue w/ an A- though either...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of a grade wold you give Adams since he's been back? It would be hard not to give him at least a B+ imo... I wouldn't argue w/ an A- though either...

Eh I'd give him something in the B range. He's been valuable in the pass rush. I don't think he's quite worth the money and two first rounds we gave up at this point, but he still has a chance to improve as the season goes on and over the next couple years... Williams will also help tremendously in giving him opportunities to assist better in run/pass support.

I mean if you go solely at it from this season and the first season he was with Seattle (given how crap our defense was lol) he'd be a B or so grade compared to the Jets as an A to A+ given their circumstances and what the pick turned out to be with Wilson sucking that year.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that... I mean it's really down to Witherspoon, Carter (some injuries piling up with him) and MAYBE a late surge by Anderson for DROY at this point.

I think if Witherspoon just continues at this level he will run away with the DROY award. BUT the Hawks could do him a BIG favor by making the playoffs. If the Hawks Miss the playoffs and He stays the same some voters might choose Carter because the Eagles made the playoffs which is BS. They would have made the playoffs with out him. Witherspoon on the other hand...

You could argue that Witherspoon has given the Hawks 1 and possibly 2 wins over what they would have had with out him. 5-2 to 3-4 think about that.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the moment, Carter is leading Vegas odds for DROY but I think that will change if Spoon has a couple more big games. If he can get a multiple pick game, that should definitely make him the favorite. Pretty rare for a DT to win it. Donald was the last one in 2014, I believe.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the moment, Carter is leading Vegas odds for DROY but I think that will change if Spoon has a couple more big games. If he can get a multiple pick game, that should definitely make him the favorite. Pretty rare for a DT to win it. Donald was the last one in 2014, I believe.

If Spoon didn't have a pick and sack taken away with ticky tack penalties, he would be leading the race right now. Carter has been good but only plays 30 snaps a game or so.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Spoon didn't have a pick and sack taken away with ticky tack penalties, he would be leading the race right now. Carter has been good but only plays 30 snaps a game or so.
Absolutely. I don't put much stock in Vegas odds at the best of times. I think if Witherspoon continues playing they way he is and has a few int's and sacks that aren't called back due to crappy officiating, this really shouldn't be a conversation. But Philly is that big east coast market and Seattle tends to be an outpost so the voters are always biased.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. I don't put much stock in Vegas odds at the best of times. I think if Witherspoon continues playing they way he is and has a few int's and sacks that aren't called back due to crappy officiating, this really shouldn't be a conversation. But Philly is that big east coast market and Seattle tends to be an outpost so the voters are always biased.

I do think that Spoon has got a lot of love from the media this year. But it certainly helps Carter that he is playing on the team with the best record that is on the East coast.

IMO, I would be shocked if Carter doesn't flame out by the end of the year. He's not the best conditioned player and most rookies hit the wall. Spoon might as well but he seems to be in excellent shape and I could see him actually improve as the season goes on. Kinda like Sherm did in his rookie season.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoon is more of a generational player then Carter