• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahaawks trade for Leonard Williams

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not going to trade a QB to a similar conference team, especially when we have no backup beyond Lock. Not happening.. I mean if they want to give us 2 1st rounders fine.. but again, not happening.
I agree with that... Doesn't mean that the Vikings wouldn't try to reach out...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you also use this reasoning for why Jalen Carter was a bad pick?

Sacks and QB hits are useful but certainly don't tell the whole picture. The best pass rushers in football average about 1 sack per game. 1 sack out of 70-80 plays.

Things like win rate and pressures help give a little more context. Of course neither stats is definitive. No stats are. But they help paint a better picture.

Sacks are great. But what's even more important is generating consistent pressure that forces the QB off his mark. Leonard Williams isn't going to get double digit sacks. But that isn't what we need from him. What we need is for him to take on double teams and push the pocket.
Far as I can tell the NFL doesn't track QB pressures, which begs the question who does and how accurate is this stat, since a pressure can be rather subjective on any given play.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even Pete knows when he is going to retire IMO. Geno isn't good enough to get us there, if by there you mean SuperBowl IMO. I do like how the team has improved the roster over all, but think it needs one more draft to round it out.

I think this roster has the potential to be pretty darn good. In fact, I think it is pretty darn good already. IMO this current team is..

The best OL in the PC/JS era
The best WRs in the PC/JS era
The best TEs in the PC/JS era
Not the best secondary under the PC/JS era but a damned good one
A very good RB corps. Maybe not Marshawn but I think that if K9 and Charb stay healthy they could be seen as a top 3 or 4 RB group.

Where this team does not compare well with those other teams is the front 7 and QB. IMO, the Williams acquisition has the POTENTIAL to make the front 7 notably better.

Of course, our QB is who he is. I do think that fans tend to blame him for everything but there is no question that he is merely an average QB. But there is no realistic way that we are going to be able to find a superior replacement to him. So, like it or not, the Seahawks are ride or die with Geno.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our bad actually as we should of gotten your permission before posting here.
I’m pretty devastated my apology was rejected. Maybe in the future I can do better.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no realistic way that we are going to be able to find a superior replacement to him. So, like it or not, the Seahawks are ride or die with Geno.
Not now, but last draft might of been able to.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably the smartest thing the Giants have done this season. From Seattle's standpoint, terrible trade IMO for a 29-year-old 2-gap defensive lineman.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like we gave up 2 picks in the same year... We're one of the youngest teams in the NFL already... How many more 2nd round picks do we need to build our team? Plus, we have Denver's 3rd round pick already on the books... We also don't know if we're done trading... We do have some depth at DB that could be pedaled... M. Jackson and Kobe Bryant come to mind...

Sometimes I feel this franchise is, damned if they do and damned if they don't with their fanbase... Everyone coming out of the wood work today, including myself, acting like they're experts on JW...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far as I can tell the NFL doesn't track QB pressures, which begs the question who does and how accurate is this stat, since a pressure can be rather subjective on any given play.

There are lots of stats that the NFL doesn't track. Sites like PFF and Sportsradar do cover it.

Generally speaking, you can get a pretty good idea about the quality of a statistic by seeing how much it correlates with other stats, like tackles and sacks, as well as the eye ball test.

Do you think that NFL teams only focus on tackles and sacks?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably the smartest thing the Giants have done this season. From Seattle's standpoint, terrible trade IMO for a 29-year-old 2-gap defensive lineman.

And why is it terrible for Seattle? What do you think Seattle needed?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think he's "only" a 2-gap player?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I feel this franchise is, damned if they do and damned if they don't with their fanbase... Everyone coming out of the wood work today, including myself, acting like they're experts on JW...

It's really strange to me. Seahawks are 5-2 but most fans seem to be in "sky is falling" mode.

There is risk associated with this deal of course. But even if he is a big flop, it's still worth the risk. If he can come in and lift this defense from a top 10-15 defense to a top 5 defense, then it was easily worth it.

As I said, good or bad Geno is going to be the QB this year and probably next year. Personally, I prefer rooting for a team trying to win a Super Bowl rather than just hoping that someday we might strike gold with a QB in the future.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is a team game not just about the QB. The better our defense is, the fewer points will be required by our offense. The better our defense is the shorter the field is for the offense. By improving the defense we have definitely have given Geno a better chance to succeed.

I do believe Geno will get better as the season goes forward. We have had so many injuries on our offensive line and as we see more continuity from them as we move forward, the run game and passing game will improve

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This guy has been doing solid videos on the Seahawks OL all season.

Good review of Leonard Williams game yesterday.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really strange to me. Seahawks are 5-2 but most fans seem to be in "sky is falling" mode.

There is risk associated with this deal of course. But even if he is a big flop, it's still worth the risk. If he can come in and lift this defense from a top 10-15 defense to a top 5 defense, then it was easily worth it.

As I said, good or bad Geno is going to be the QB this year and probably next year. Personally, I prefer rooting for a team trying to win a Super Bowl rather than just hoping that someday we might strike gold with a QB in the future.

Yeah, Geno is he who it is and it is what it is….With that said, our defense is going to have to carry us so why not invest into it.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe Geno will get better as the season goes forward. We have had so many injuries on our offensive line and as we see more continuity from them as we move forward, the run game and passing game will improve

I don’t know how much better Geno will get, but it is crazy how the analysts give Brock Purdy a pass the past 3 games just because Trent Williams is out and Deebo’s missed a few games. Geno is still missing his starting right tackle since the first game of the year. Just got his other tackle back two weeks ago. And has never played with the same offense of line due to injuries. He’s also missed Metcalf for a few games. Once that gets better or if it gets better, Geno should do a little bit better.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Annoited one. I agree with you. I came out of the wood work just because I feel really positive about the teams direction. I have been feeling that way all year. I rarely post on message board because there is too much negative opinion, too much hate on certain players coaches. Go to Seahawks.net all it is all fire Pete Carroll, Adams is useless, Geno sucks, should have drafted Carter, and on and on. Their such strong opinions have diluted the reality of the game.

It is so damn hard to win year after year in the NFL. It is so damn hard to line up all the pieces. It is so damn hard to get a franchise QB. The success rate of QBs picked in the first round is 35 percent. And very few of them qualify as a franchise QB. The last year I posted consistently on these boards was when all you could read was how bad Travaris Jackson was. The year TJac was our QB and we went 7 and 9 was one of my favorite years. I just watched the defense grow, the run game start to take off with a Lynch and kept thinking to myself, we are building something really special here but all the message boards could do was complain about TJac. Pretty much stopped posting that year.

This year we are once again building something really special and once again all people do is complain about Geno. The team is doing so much right. No team in the league gets every draft pick or decision right. Every team makes a lot of mistakes. But right now our team is getting more right then wrong. We are 5 and 2 first place in our division and we haven’t even played our best ball yet. Enjoy the ride, we are at the beginning of something really special happening with the team. Think about it we have the possibility of having two lock down CB’s for years to come in their first and second years. That stuff is unheard of. There is just so much to like about the direction we are taking as a team. Yes there are going to be mistakes or bumps in the road but that is because it is so damn hard to be successful and there is 31 other teams working it as hard as we are. Enjoy the ride for we are on the verge of something very special

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Geno is he who it is and it is what it is….With that said, our defense is going to have to carry us so why not invest into it.

Of course you much rather would have a top flight QB. But if you can't have that, then the next best thing is to have great players on the OL and DL.

This was the choice the team made when we traded Russ and kept Pete. I was against that. But we're here now.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Annoited one. I agree with you. I came out of the wood work just because I feel really positive about the teams direction. I have been feeling that way all year. I rarely post on message board because there is too much negative opinion, too much hate on certain players coaches. Go to Seahawks.net all it is all fire Pete Carroll, Adams is useless, Geno sucks, should have drafted Carter, and on and on. Their such strong opinions have diluted the reality of the game.

It is so damn hard to win year after year in the NFL. It is so damn hard to line up all the pieces. It is so damn hard to get a franchise QB. The success rate of QBs picked in the first round is 35 percent. And very few of them qualify as a franchise QB. The last year I posted consistently on these boards was when all you could read was how bad Travaris Jackson was. The year TJac was our QB and we went 7 and 9 was one of my favorite years. I just watched the defense grow, the run game start to take off with a Lynch and kept thinking to myself, we are building something really special here but all the message boards could do was complain about TJac. Pretty much stopped posting that year.

This year we are once again building something really special and once again all people do is complain about Geno. The team is doing so much right. No team in the league gets every draft pick or decision right. Every team makes a lot of mistakes. But right now our team is getting more right then wrong. We are 5 and 2 first place in our division and we haven’t even played our best ball yet. Enjoy the ride, we are at the beginning of something really special happening with the team. Think about it we have the possibility of having two lock down CB’s for years to come in their first and second years. That stuff is unheard of. There is just so much to like about the direction we are taking as a team. Yes there are going to be mistakes or bumps in the road but that is because it is so damn hard to be successful and there is 31 other teams working it as hard as we are. Enjoy the ride for we are on the verge of something very special

You, AO, JMR, and I go way back. I feel like the fans were a lot more supportive, in general, back in the Holmgren years. Sure, Shaun was a contentious figure.

But it seems like too many fans think that the next Pat Mahomes is right around the corner. That's just fantasy.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know how much better Geno will get, but it is crazy how the analysts give Brock Purdy a pass the past 3 games just because Trent Williams is out and Deebo’s missed a few games. Geno is still missing his starting right tackle since the first game of the year. Just got his other tackle back two weeks ago. And has never played with the same offense of line due to injuries. He’s also missed Metcalf for a few games. Once that gets better or if it gets better, Geno should do a little bit better.
Purdy is struggling because there is finally enough film out on him for defenses to figure out his tendencies. What we need to watch on Purdy is how well he he adjusts to this.