• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scott Frost was upset with B1G schedule, wanted to play Indiana more.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan is never winning a national title either. Tell me how I am wrong.
I'd say you'd be wrong. Never is a long time. I don't think you could say any major power is never winning a national title. I feel pretty comfortable in saying that Iowa won't.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say you'd be wrong. Never is a long time. I don't think you could say any major power is never winning a national title. I feel pretty comfortable in saying that Iowa won't.
Maybe he is arguing that Michigan isn’t a major power.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody who thinks Michigan is an elite program, or even a great program or that they have been in the past 70 years, is 100% full of shit.

Michigan will never be anything more than an iowa of the great lakes

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan Population: 10 million
Ohio Population: 11.5 million
Alabama Population: 4.8 million
S. Carolina Population: 5 million
Oklahoma Population: 4 million

Yet Ohio St kicks their teeth in year after year.

Ohio St, Clemson, Alabama, and Oklahoma play for and win National titles, but Michigan don't.

"We don't have very many people. Derp"

LMFAO!!!

Population has little to do if a state has quality football at the high school level.
Michigan has the same population as Georgia, yet, Georgia has 40-50 blue chip recruits a year, while the state of Michigan has 5-10.

States like Louisiana and Alabama have less than half the amount of people Michigan does and they pump out 5 star recruits basically every year.

If you’d like to know why I’ve continued to say the days of Nebraska competing for national titles are long gone. Take a look at 2019. Delaware and Rhode Island had as many blue chip recruits from their state as Nebraska did. ONE.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Population has little to do if a state has quality football at the high school level.
Michigan has the same population as Georgia, yet, Georgia has 40-50 blue chip recruits a year, while the state of Michigan has 5-10.

States like Louisiana and Alabama have less than half the amount of people Michigan does and they pump out 5 star recruits basically every year.

If you’d like to know why I’ve continued to say the days of Nebraska competing for national titles are long gone. Take a look at 2019. Delaware and Rhode Island had as many blue chip recruits from their state as Nebraska did. ONE.

Shut up, ya narrow minded idiot.

It's all about coaching.

Harbaugh = Bo Pelini (without the division titles)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody who thinks Michigan is an elite program, or even a great program or that they have been in the past 70 years, is 100% full of shit.

Michigan will never be anything more than an iowa of the great lakes

Right now — Michigan most definitely isn’t an elite football program. The days of them being an elite program will be few and far between unless they start winning some of the recruiting battles against the actual elite programs.

I can count twice since Harbaugh has been at UM where we’ve taken a recruit who was given the full court press by Bama or Clemson. Rashan Gary picked UM over Clemson. Daxton Hill picked UM over Bama.

All about recruiting in today’s CFB and with the internet and all the technology at our fingertips — no recruit will go unnoticed. Nebraska may sneak into the CFP at some point, but they will be smacked around like MSU was when they got there. You need the elite talent if you want to compete.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska is an Iowa of the infertile lands that need irrigation
Unlike Iowa and Michigan Nebraska has national championships since football has been on TV. Nice try though. Silly derp burd melting all over this thread.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now — Michigan most definitely isn’t an elite football program. The days of them being an elite program will be few and far between unless they start winning some of the recruiting battles against the actual elite programs.

I can count twice since Harbaugh has been at UM where we’ve taken a recruit who was given the full court press by Bama or Clemson. Rashan Gary picked UM over Clemson. Daxton Hill picked UM over Bama.

All about recruiting in today’s CFB and with the internet and all the technology at our fingertips — no recruit will go unnoticed. Nebraska may sneak into the CFP at some point, but they will be smacked around like MSU was when they got there. You need the elite talent if you want to compete.
Michigan has never been elite. The End. I am not asking for any excuses to be made or any other crap. You can PM MNB about your kool-aid.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not football. The school. The point being that the gap has been narrowed considerably since the days when Ohio State was required to accept anyone who graduated from an Ohio high school.
I didn’t mean UM will only accept 5 star guys with big GPA’s. I’m saying those are the only type UM can get to sign with them. UM would take a guy with 2.0 and 18 on the ACT if he were a 5 star recruit. They aren’t the guys interested in going to UM though.

That being said — I don’t even know the difference in the two schools OSU and UM academically to get in. I do know for a fact — UM is a 31 on the ACT and 3.85 GPA. Only reason I know this is my nephew just went on a visit last weekend, as that is where he wants to go.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike Iowa and Michigan Nebraska has national championships since football has been on TV. Nice try though. Silly derp burd melting all over this thread.
tumblr_nhq37f9Wod1t55xupo2_r2_400.gifv

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t mean UM will only accept 5 star guys with big GPA’s. I’m saying those are the only type UM can get to sign with them. UM would take a guy with 2.0 and 18 on the ACT if he were a 5 star recruit. They aren’t the guys interested in going to UM though.

That being said — I don’t even know the difference in the two schools OSU and UM academically to get in. I do know for a fact — UM is a 31 on the ACT and 3.85 GPA. Only reason I know this is my nephew just went on a visit last weekend, as that is where he wants to go.

Student Profile | Undergraduate Admissions

Michigan website

Personally, I find it hard to believe there are all these 16,000 freshman with ACT scores of 31 or better that seem to attend all these schools. Texas has 16,000 freshman. They also claim HIGH admissions standards. All these big schools claim high admission standards, yet accept 16,000 students and only that number because that is what they have housing for, otherwise, they would accept more.

Either the ACT is a lot easier or there is some fudge factors going on. My ACT was a 28 and I went to Colorado School of Mines. Mines is an Engineering school. I highly doubt most of those Michigan freshman could handle the academics at Colorado School of Mines, otherwise they would have applied.

Michigan's most popular majors are Business Admin and Psychology.

99% of football players in Division I are not going anywhere because of academics. They are going to win at football.

If you honestly think the D1 athletes can handle rigorous academics, then how come they get SO MUCH tutoring and "special" academics given to them? Look at what North Carolina did, and you know every other schools is doing the exact same thing.

I am willing to guess that 50% of all division I athlete-students would NEVER get into the schools they are "attending" if they had to go through the normal admissions like joe and betty average student.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michigan website

Personally, I find it hard to believe there are all these 16,000 freshman with ACT scores of 31 or better that seem to attend all these schools. Texas has 16,000 freshman. They also claim HIGH admissions standards. All these big schools claim high admission standards, yet accept 16,000 students and only that number because that is what they have housing for, otherwise, they would accept more.

Either the ACT is a lot easier or there is some fudge factors going on. My ACT was a 28 and I went to Colorado School of Mines. Mines is an Engineering school. I highly doubt most of those Michigan freshman could handle the academics at Colorado School of Mines, otherwise they would have applied.

99% of football players in Division I are not going anywhere because of academics. They are going to win at football.

If you honestly think the D1 athletes can handle rigorous academics, then how come they get SO MUCH tutoring and "special" academics given to them? Look at what North Carolina did, and you know every other schools is doing the exact same thing.

I am willing to guess that 50% of all division I athlete-students would NEVER get into the schools they are "attending" if they had to go through the normal admissions like joe and betty average student.
My daughter is in her 2nd year at Mines. Freshman year was very tough for her. This year seems much better.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn’t help when your coordinators are telling those guys they are too stupid to go to Michigan.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michigan website

University of Michigan has a top 5 in the country Engineering program.

Colorado of the Mines came in 58th

https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-engineering-schools/eng-rankings

And football players have tutors and study groups because the overwhelming majority couldn’t get into any college, let alone a B1G college. Add in all the time spent at practice, games, traveling, etc. It is necessary for them to survive academically and even with all of that — many still fail out.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My daughter is in her 2nd year at Mines. Freshman year was very tough for her. This year seems much better.

First year is always the toughest. You have all new freedom to do what you want, when you want and no one there to get on you to go to class or study.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Michigan website

And I would guess it is over 50% who wouldn’t get into schools they are attending if it weren’t for football.

Basically, every scholarship player on UM sans maybe 2 or 3 wouldn’t have got into UM.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My wife and I were at Mines on October 9 of this year. Spent a few hundred on Mines stuff.

You should be proud of your daughter. Attending Mines is an eye opener on the academic side.

Do freshmen still have to take ROTC?

What is her major? (When I attended we called it option), I started out in Geophysics and quickly learned I despised Physics, and switched to blowing stuff up, aka, Mining Engineering.

The school now has 6400 students, when I attended it was 2000 students, 1800 males and 200 females.

When I attended, Physics 211 was the class that was basically the washout class. I earned a D my second time taking the class, and I was so happy.

Once she gets to her senior year, the classes seem to much easier.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I would guess it is over 50% who wouldn’t get into schools they are attending if it weren’t for football.

Basically, every scholarship player on UM sans maybe 2 or 3 wouldn’t have got into UM.

OK, glad to see you are a realist. I was worried you actually thought the athlete-students were actually studying as hard as Joe and Betty average student. Being a big time college football player and still achieving a GPA of a 4.0 is amazing.