• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scot wanted Cousins in 2012 while in Seattle.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. I think it's funny that Dan wants RG3, Jay wants McCoy, and Scott allegedly wants Kirk. Only in Ashburn baby. Lol

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the author of this article took a bit of a leap. No where does he actually state that Scot wanted KC, just that he was thought highly of by some in the Seahawks organization. Carroll was apparently somewhat high on him. There is no direct link made between Scot and his thoughts on KC.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've made it pretty clear that I would like to see RG3 get a little more time, but I cannot deny what I saw from Cousins. There were stretches when the team under Kirk moved up and down the field. Didn't see that from Robert or Colt this year. They all have their strengths and weaknesses.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choices, choices ...would you rather have the 9 INT 2 fumble Cousins or the 6 INT 8 fumble Griffin.

Everything I read was McCloughan was hot on Wilson and turns out he did pretty well.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choices, choices ...would you rather have the 9 INT 2 fumble Cousins or the 6 INT 8 fumble Griffin.

Everything I read was McCloughan was hot on Wilson and turns out he did pretty well.

Right now I would take both in a competition over Famous Jameis and the 9th level of hell drafting another high profile QB would bring us right now. :)

But I will trust McDaddy on the roster until such time as we are given reason to NOT trust his track record.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere, wish I had the link, that Scot has never been high on taking QB'S early. He likes to fill in the rest of the roster and get his QB'S in the mid rounds or sign capable vets. Said he is quite serious when it comes to best player available as it pertains to the draft. Writer said that is what sets him apart.

Can't remember the context but brought up how the Packers took Rodgers when they already had Favre. Cousins deserves a fair shot. I want no parts of Colt. That is an itch you know Gruden is going to want to scratch at some point next year and it's pointless. He has little to no shot of being here long term.

The kid from Colorado St. that some on here have mentioned is starting to grow on me. 4th round maybe?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere, wish I had the link, that Scot has never been high on taking QB'S early. He likes to fill in the rest of the roster and get his QB'S in the mid rounds or sign capable vets. Said he is quite serious when it comes to best player available as it pertains to the draft. Writer said that is what sets him apart.

Can't remember the context but brought up how the Packers took Rodgers when they already had Favre. Cousins deserves a fair shot. I want no parts of Colt. That is an itch you know Gruden is going to want to scratch at some point next year and it's pointless. He has little to no shot of being here long term.

The kid from Colorado St. that some on here have mentioned is starting to grow on me. 4th round maybe?

Two things that should REALLY give us a hint as to if things have really changed.

1. How we handle our own free agents going forward.

2. How we handle outside free agents this coming season.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
March 10th will say a lot. Keep hearing he's not real big on FA. Likes to plug a hole here and there and spend big on re-signing the guys he drafted. But this team needs so much help. I keep having to tell myself this is not a quick fix. He likes to build almost exclusively through the draft which is a slower process.

If the Skins are say 6-10 next year but you can see that he hit on most of his picks and even found a gem or two in the later rounds I could stomach that. Not against signing a stud safety or an Iupati, but the approach I think Scot likes to take is building the team so when they are up, they will have the flexibility to stay up.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a few articles yesterday and today. Most said McCloughan shines in rounds 3-5 or later rounds.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
March 10th will say a lot. Keep hearing he's not real big on FA. Likes to plug a hole here and there and spend big on re-signing the guys he drafted. But this team needs so much help. I keep having to tell myself this is not a quick fix. He likes to build almost exclusively through the draft which is a slower process.

If the Skins are say 6-10 next year but you can see that he hit on most of his picks and even found a gem or two in the later rounds I could stomach that. Not against signing a stud safety or an Iupati, but the approach I think Scot likes to take is building the team so when they are up, they will have the flexibility to stay up.

Well at least for this season, I would like to see us retain Rak provided we get a good S&C coach in here finally. Also wouldnt mind seeing Colt back on roster.

Other than those two I dont see anything on our pending FA's that we cant live without.

Side note will be interesting to see who we release as well. We got some guys making too much money for their production. But if we gut the roster and finish 3-13 again next year.... might be a hard pill for Danny to swallow. So we may end up keeping alot of what we have on the D-line. I think we gut the O-line and rebuild one side at a time.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I was the only one that didn't mind seeing Rak come back. Murphy is nice against the run and all, but he is a 43 DE.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a few articles yesterday and today. Most said McCloughan shines in rounds 3-5 or later rounds.

Sherman and Kam were 5th rounders. That's how you win SuperBowls.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least for this season, I would like to see us retain Rak provided we get a good S&C coach in here finally. Also wouldnt mind seeing Colt back on roster.

Other than those two I dont see anything on our pending FA's that we cant live without.

Side note will be interesting to see who we release as well. We got some guys making too much money for their production. But if we gut the roster and finish 3-13 again next year.... might be a hard pill for Danny to swallow. So we may end up keeping alot of what we have on the D-line. I think we gut the O-line and rebuild one side at a time.

I think bowen, lavaou, and possibly cofield may be history. Chester will be on the bubble depending on who we can draft/pick up.

What do you think it will take to get Rak back? Im afraid the dude will be permanently injured with the Pec tears. 3 in 3 years? Sounds like a chronic problem to me. I wouldn't spend anymore than 6M/year on him.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give him an incentive based deal at a good price with reasonable expectations, but I could see a team like the Raiders with all the cash they are gonna have giving him a bunch of jack. If that was the case I would let him walk. But I would like to see what a new DC could do with both Kerrigan and Sackpo. (had to for old times sake) I have no idea as far as base salary. I do think he generally likes it here.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think bowen, lavaou, and possibly cofield may be history. Chester will be on the bubble depending on who we can draft/pick up.

What do you think it will take to get Rak back? Im afraid the dude will be permanently injured with the Pec tears. 3 in 3 years? Sounds like a chronic problem to me. I wouldn't spend anymore than 6M/year on him.

$6-7 a year with some SERIOUS health clauses. I could see them getting rid of Bowen OR Cofield, but not both. I think Lavaou is safe simply for the fact that saving $1 million to gut the line is a zero sum proposition. Meaning can we get better production at starter or at least a solid backup for $1 million or less??

Got to remember that for every extra hole we make, we got to fill it with some one.

Chester... He has gotta GO!!!!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$6-7 a year with some SERIOUS health clauses. I could see them getting rid of Bowen OR Cofield, but not both. I think Lavaou is safe simply for the fact that saving $1 million to gut the line is a zero sum proposition. Meaning can we get better production at starter or at least a solid backup for $1 million or less??

Got to remember that for every extra hole we make, we got to fill it with some one.

Chester... He has gotta GO!!!!

Lavaou only would save $1M??? I thought i saw we could save $4M by cutting him. Maybe I'm thinking Chester.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavaou only would save $1M??? I thought i saw we could save $4M by cutting him. Maybe I'm thinking Chester.

His base salary is $4 million. We still have to account for $3 million of the signing bonus we gave him. So if we cut him out right, we would save $1 million. If we made him a june 1st cut, we would save $2.5 million this year, and take a negative of $1.5 million off of next years cap as well.