• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schierholtz: Hotzone, pre and post swing change

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
nate.jpg

Now if he would just move a couple inches farther from the plate.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
gp's working overtime on the heat maps today! Great work as always. How many PA's are accounted for in the post-swing change map?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thank you. I've only been able to watch about 15-20 games this year, so I'm not sure. What changes in his mechanics do you notice that he has made?

He closed down his stance a bit, from an open stance to a neutral one, and he's standing more upright.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He closed down his stance a bit, from an open stance to a neutral one, and he's standing more upright.

Alright, I got a series of questions for ya.

Would you say that he's letting the ball get to him a bit more also?

The new stance seems to allow him a bit more time to recognize the pitch before committing one way or another.

After going to the new stance, Nate said he had been studying successful lefties in the NL. My guess is he was studying Ethier's stance. Any Guesses?

Finally, what kind of stats do you think Nate could put up over an entire season with his new stance?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Alright, I got a series of questions for ya.

Would you say that he's letting the ball get to him a bit more also?

The new stance seems to allow him a bit more time to recognize the pitch before committing one way or another.

After going to the new stance, Nate said he had been studying successful lefties in the NL. My guess is he was studying Ethier's stance. Any Guesses?

Finally, what kind of stats do you think Nate could put up over an entire season with his new stance?

I think the biggest difference I see in Nate is better pitch recognition, and a willingness to go deeper into counts. But getting more upright should help him tap into more power, and, I think, stay inside the ball on inside pitches. I'd still like to see him back-side load more, which should allow him to uncover even more power.

He really should observe Barry Bonds' evolution as a power hitter. Barry came up to the big leagues with a crouched stance and got more upright over the years.

As far as potential, If he backs off the plate a bit, I can see him as a .300 +/- 0.020 hitter with about 25HR.