• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SCF: Devils vs Kings Gm 6 GDT

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
were the calls bad? yes but still bottom line it was missed and bernier cost his team the cup plain and simple. there is no reason to make that play

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that play without a doubt killed us...

well, perhaps better than losing 2-1..... good try my devils....

good fucking run....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough pill to swallow. Bernier was a dope on that play, but I feel bad for him. Can't deny he really helped us get to this point, and that is now his legacy. I don't think anything he does the rest of his career will trump that boarding penalty and that is a tough thing to carry around with you. It was fun while it lasted. Hopefully next season we'll be back.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully our fans take the high road and dont send Bernier death threats or some garbage like that..Id hate to fcukin see that.

I dont fault Bernier at all honestly..I blame the refs..anything short of Scudeiri being sent off on a stretcher should've been 2 mins in that situation.

Garbage fuckin refs. CHAMPS WITH A CAPITAL FUCKIN *

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick of my teams getting to the Championship and losing. First the Steelers, now the Devils. Just wish we could replay this game with better officials.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame Bernier at all yep his penalty was stupid... but if the ref's had made the correct call he would never have had the chance to make the hit

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
that just is the biggest let down. the devils played a great start. they took the punches we knew they would get. they killed off the 1st pp. sykora had a great chance and then bam bernier. didnt even get the team a chance

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont blame Bernier... Yes it was a dumb hit and the right call... the problem is there WASNT a right call 10 seconds before that... its clear cut... its a penalty any way you slice it.... and if refs can choose to ignore some and not make calls, then there is a big problem... we know it happens in the reg season... but come on... this is for the championship... you gotta be kidding me.... I dont mind losing... but to lose like that is just crap.... NHL better change its ways because this is embarrassing... I hope Lou and the rest of devils organization have the balls to push for something better... because other then the head up there asses California assholes.... everyone else knows that was complete and utter BS that was game changing.... if it wasnt game changing, its not a big deal... but that was the Cup, plain and simple... and that is tragic and should not happen on the Pro level... shame on you NHL, and shame on those Refs... sleep tight, hope you lose your jobs next year.... or at least never ref in the finals again....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
missed calls happen all the time in all sports. also the gionta hit was during line changes in between both benches when the puck was moved along. thats 20 people changing there its hard to see?

this is 100% on bernier...it was the right call and it was a fucking stupid play. the nhl made it a point to get that shit out of the game what was he trying to do? he moved the puck a good amoutn of time before he hit him...and he had to hit him so hard?

fucking bum man

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame any player for tonight, I blame the fucks wearing the stripes. Fuck the Kings, they were handed the trophy after the refs ignored atleast 3 kings penalties before calling the major

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually dont agree with Tilo, but tonight Cup he is right... that 5 wouldnt be called if they would of called the game fair... and that is a pretty lame excuse that it was a line change.... so therefor its okay... a penalty is a penalty..... and although berniers was harder... the other was just as bad.... this isnt the first time a NON call has happened in this series... but this is the first time a non call has won the game for a team... and it happened to be for the championship... you cant change my mind on this.... something needs to change.... you cant tell me with two refs and 4 on the ice, no one saw that... I think it was the fact that it was who it was and we cant call penalties that might hurt there chance....

Im just saying its a disgrace that it decided a championship.... thats not the way the game should be played...... so with that, FUCK the refs....

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. That call/ no penalty to Fraser against Gio won the Kings the Stanley Cup Final. Scuderi took one for the team by turning into the glass so it would look worse. Isn't Bernier much smaller than Scuderi? You just can't call that 5 minute major at that time in the Final.

They should seriously replay this fucking game on Wednesday, and if we win, play game 7 on Friday.

Seriously. We watched a whole season and 2 more months of playoff hockey for that? For the refs to make it about them?

Devils were the sacrificial lamb in this Final. Kings have been around since 1967 and had never won the Cup. All they talked about was what winning the Cup would do for California. The Devils may have 3 Cups but that's no reason to screw us for some team that's been a perennial loser.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame any player for tonight, I blame the fucks wearing the stripes. Fuck the Kings, they were handed the trophy after the refs ignored atleast 3 kings penalties before calling the major

i gave the fucks in stripes the 3 stars of the game well they had the most impact :L

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't blame Bernier....yes like said it was stupid and I'm sure Bernier is feeling bad....but with the pace and emotion in a game those couple of seconds are a blur. Just remember that the whole 4th line was great in the previous series and helped us get to SCF. They were holding their own this series too.
It hurts to have it happen this way but in all I proud of the Devils making it this far....it would have been icing on the cake if they won the SC.

The refs were well bad the whole series so what would make this game any different. We got ourselves in the hole when we went down 3 games to 0. We had our chances in the first 2 games but couldn't finish. It was a missed opportunity and the Hockey Gods just weren't on our side.

Last edited by a moderator:

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing, the refs decided game 3 too. Remember that first "goal" the Kings scored in that game? The Kings won 1 and 2 even with the missed calls, but 3 and 6 were directly because of missed calls.

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing, the refs decided game 3 too. Remember that first "goal" the Kings scored in that game? The Kings won 1 and 2 even with the missed calls, but 3 and 6 were directly because of missed calls.

Trying not to remember but yeah....the first goal in this series was huge and both game 3 and 6 were blunders by the refs can't argue about that.

Up until now I thought noone could beat Kerry Frasers blunder with Gretzky's high stick on Gilmour in the 1993 conference finals......look at that it was LA too. Last night's takes the cake.

Last edited by a moderator: