• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scary run in turkey hunting

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So my dad and brother are out turkey hunting this weekend. I wasn't able to go because I have too much to do this weekend. My brother was out yesterday with his bow. He was walking through an area that we typically use for deer hunting when, out of the corner of his eye, he saw something drop from a tree a bit behind him. He stopped and turned around to see something else drop from the same tree. It was a mountain lion and her cub, and there my brother was, armed with only his bow. Fortunately, the mountain lions high-tailed it out of there, but that could have ended very badly. We'd heard reports of mountain lions in the area, but never actually run into any. Needless to say, he's packing a little more firepower when he goes out today.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my patients showed me a picture of one his trail camera picked up.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, could have been a real problem.

About ten turkey seasons ago a fellow came into the warden's shack that my father in law worked. He had some serious scratches on his neck from what he could only imagine was a bobcat who mistook his early morning yelps in the dark for a meal. It took off right quick but it clawed the dude.

I'm always just a tad on edge heading out into the forest at 4:15 with no light. No light turned on that is. Bet yer arse that I have a headlamp on and my gun was loaded back at the truck.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, could have been a real problem.

About ten turkey seasons ago a fellow came into the warden's shack that my father in law worked. He had some serious scratches on his neck from what he could only imagine was a bobcat who mistook his early morning yelps in the dark for a meal. It took off right quick but it clawed the dude.

I'm always just a tad on edge heading out into the forest at 4:15 with no light. No light turned on that is. Bet yer arse that I have a headlamp on and my gun was loaded back at the truck.
Yeah we are definitely going to be taking precautions for deer season this year. Kind of a scary thought...I've spent the better part of the last 5 years on that land going in in the dark and coming out in the dark.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was almost ambushed by a porcupine lurking in a tree once...luckily I saw it and was able to hold my bypass pruner in a threatening manner to deter it.