• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scandrick and Irving out

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some think Dez's issues are all Dak ....:crazy:
Exactly. It wasn't just Zeke the Cowboys were missing, it was the best LT in the game, who they replaced with a guy that would give up three sacks to Skip Bayless, and Sean Lee, who has been the best defensive player in the League this season. Oh, and the best kicker in the game as well. Without Zeke taking an extra defender out of the secondary to try and stop the run, what's left? Beasley, who teams have double teamed on nearly every play, Witten, who is still reliable, though he has lost a step or two, and outside receivers who can't uncover. I'm not dogging Dez just to dog him, but if you compare him to the other receivers in the game who make or will be making the kind of money he is to be a lead WR, he's not even close to those guys. Julio, Antonio Brown, OBJ...he's not even in their league.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at the right Salary Scandrick is a nice piece to have on this defense. It seems our DBs are always targets for our own fans going back to Newman who went on to play for years for other teams after he was "done". It's damn hard to cover a world class athlete for more than 3 seconds when he knows where he is going and you don't. You can't rely on one or two games to decide your depth chart. Look what has happened with Brown this season.

But, I think with all the young talent and all of the injuries I agree that Scandrick is gone for cap reasons if that cap hit doesn't come down. We are going to need that cap space and he should be one of the first to go unless he agrees to a decent sized cut. Plus, I think we still draft at least one more DB in next years draft. We will have the luxury of waiting out the draft and FA before making a decision on him. You can't keep everyone and If the kids keep getting better it may be an easy decision and we could use the cap room for our own guys, let alone thinking about bringing in other guys. But in order to see enough savings in 2018 to make it worth it he would need to be a post 6/1 cut. His dead cap will be almost $4M if we cut him and his total cap hit next year is only $1.5M more. I think one thing is certain and that is that he won't see his $4M salary in 2019. Really loving these young kids, but having a vet around wouldn't be a bad thing if we could make it work.
What have you seen that I am missing about Orlando??How is he still a nice piece on defense???

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I've paid enough attention to know you bring up Romo a whole lot. Hell you bring him up more that RTO and he's probably the biggest Romo fan we have here.
I only did it a few times... :noidea:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't bash him, I just believe he isn't as good a QB as Tony was.
Maybe not, but he is better than Tony is today and that is all that matters unless you own a time machine

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What have you seen that I am missing about Orlando??How is he still a nice piece on defense???
It's almost like you guys don't watch other secondaries sometimes. If our guys get beat a couple times a game they suck. I can't argue with that mentality and have learned not to

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost like you guys don't watch other secondaries sometimes. If our guys get beat a couple times a game they suck. I can't argue with that mentality and have learned not to
We were talking about Orlando. Now because you cant justiy"Orlando is a nice piece in the defense" comment, you turn to The "You guys" dont see what only i see. Nice moving of the goal post. I dont now what" I like our new CB's "comment i made means that they suck???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were talking about Orlando. Now because you cant justiy"Orlando is a nice piece in the defense" comment, you turn to The "You guys" dont see what only i see. Nice moving of the goal post. I dont now what" I like our new CB's "comment i made means that they suck???
Bull shit dude. "only I see"? That is just a dicky post like usual - at least the part that I can understand. It's the same crap with you over and over and if there is anyone who clings to opinion over facts it is you. Look at your Dez comments. You still pretend the guy is elite and he just isn't even close. What are you basing that on??? You act like I said Scandrick is a great player or something. No matter what I point out you won't except it so why would I bother?

The guy broke his hand week one and had a plate inserted and played with one hand for a while and it was still an issue for him recently. Think that is easy for a CB? He missed the Denver game that had you guys jumping off a bridge and our secondary was the worst they've been in many years and that is saying a lot. Coincidence? Yes, most likely. Scandrick is a defensive captain because he is a leader to these kids. They don't just hand those out or your beloved Dez would certainly have the honor. You can't throw 4 rookies out on the field together in the secondary and veteran leadership means something to an NFL Football team trying to play kids. He was our best defensive player on the field versus Washington in the first game. He sucked against Washington the second game but we found out after that he played most of the game with a fractured back. He is still solid in the slot and the team has mostly played him outside because the other options just weren't good. When asked t od owhat he is good at and play in the slot he is still good. He is a very good blitzer off the edge. He is tough and unlike the other DBs in Dallas over the last few years doesn't make excuses. He may be a little too cocky for some but it keeps him from dwelling on mistakes like many of our fans seem to.

Like I said unless he takes a pay cut he is likely gone because we need that money elsewhere, but If you don't think he can contribute to an NFL team that's up to you and I don't really care because you make up your mind and don't change it. So rip away.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bull shit dude. "only I see"? That is just a dicky post like usual - at least the part that I can understand. It's the same crap with you over and over and if there is anyone who clings to opinion over facts it is you. Look at your Dez comments. You still pretend the guy is elite and he just isn't even close. What are you basing that on??? You act like I said Scandrick is a great player or something. No matter what I point out you won't except it so why would I bother?

The guy broke his hand week one and had a plate inserted and played with one hand for a while and it was still an issue for him recently. Think that is easy for a CB? He missed the Denver game that had you guys jumping off a bridge and our secondary was the worst they've been in many years and that is saying a lot. Coincidence? Yes, most likely. Scandrick is a defensive captain because he is a leader to these kids. They don't just hand those out or your beloved Dez would certainly have the honor. You can't throw 4 rookies out on the field together in the secondary and veteran leadership means something to an NFL Football team trying to play kids. He was our best defensive player on the field versus Washington in the first game. He sucked against Washington the second game but we found out after that he played most of the game with a fractured back. He is still solid in the slot and the team has mostly played him outside because the other options just weren't good. When asked t od owhat he is good at and play in the slot he is still good. He is a very good blitzer off the edge. He is tough and unlike the other DBs in Dallas over the last few years doesn't make excuses. He may be a little too cocky for some but it keeps him from dwelling on mistakes like many of our fans seem to.

Like I said unless he takes a pay cut he is likely gone because we need that money elsewhere, but If you don't think he can contribute to an NFL team that's up to you and I don't really care because you make up your mind and don't change it. So rip away.
I think it's gonna be a financial thing with him. The Cowboys are in great shape with the cap for the first ime in a while, but after resigning DLaw and Irving and probably Hitchens, extending Martin and hopefully a key UFA signing, the amount of money Scandrick makes coupled with his time on the shelf the young players they already have back there will get him let go IMO. I don't see him taking a paycut after the DB's the Cowboys cut last year went out and did well in FA. I'm still good with it, would rather have the money to keep DLaw and Irving than Carr and Church any day

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's gonna be a financial thing with him. The Cowboys are in great shape with the cap for the first ime in a while, but after resigning DLaw and Irving and probably Hitchens, extending Martin and hopefully a key UFA signing, the amount of money Scandrick makes coupled with his time on the shelf the young players they already have back there will get him let go IMO. I don't see him taking a paycut after the DB's the Cowboys cut last year went out and did well in FA. I'm still good with it, would rather have the money to keep DLaw and Irving than Carr and Church any day
Agree and the problem with the pay cut is his salary is only $3M which isn't huge. That's about what we signed the scrub Carroll for. It's the bonus money that pushes his cap hit over $5M. He is too proud to take the veteran minimum and taking a cut to let's say $2.5M doesn't really help us enough. We need to eat the bonus any way and if we sign a FA CB it will probably cost us that much. I think how well the kids play over the next few weeks and what we do in the offseason at DB will decide his fate. I love Lewis on the outside but he certainly could play the slot too. If Brown doesn't turn it around we may need to pay Scandrick one more year but that is a decision for the Summer. You need at least 4 CBs. I think we have our two starters in Awuzie and Lewis. We need to have (or acquire) a couple more. Loving these young corners and Woods and still have hopes for Brown after what I saw last year. Wonder how the kid from FSU progresses, I was really high on him. He is still on PS, right? I think he makes the 53 next year

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it is 50 /50.
I don't see that.
Dak is young and still learning the most complicated position in all of sports. Dez should be stepping up and making huge plays while Elliott is out, I'm seeing some great plays and dropped passes. Just don't see how that falls on Dak.If you really think about it, Dak has very few play makers with Elliott out.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see that.
Dak is young and still learning the most complicated position in all of sports. Dez should be stepping up and making huge plays while Elliott is out, I'm seeing some great plays and dropped passes. Just don't see how that falls on Dak.If you really think about it, Dak has very few play makers with Elliott out.
Very true. He has big names, but only one guy who can consistently beat man coverage in Beasley, and without Zeke, Beasley is almost always double teamed

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna side with Tom here. I've said it all along that Dez wasn't going to be the same WR with Dak. It's a different offense now. Sure Dez has dropped some passes, but like Dak said he has missed him a lot too when he was open.