• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scandrick a Redskin

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Diron Talbert in the old days I rarely root for an ex-Cowboy. If Sean Lee became available I would root for him since he played at Penn State.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Diron Talbert in the old days I rarely root for an ex-Cowboy. If Sean Lee became available I would root for him since he played at Penn State.

Loyalty to or being a fan of a particular player does not fit into what the NEW NFL wants, and surely not our owner.

With the New CBA negotiating window opening up soon, owners dont want fans too attached to players, because that might influence the bottom line. They want you to cheer for and be loyal to the logo more than any one player or group of players.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I understand but I have always had guys I like around the league for one reason or another. Because of my background with my nephews, coaching and knowing Navorro Bowman and meeting guys through him you end up being fans of these guys. We have a kid coming out of Wisconsin this year that I was around and with for 4 years. I will be rooting for Nick no matter where he goes. The Hayden family has been friends of the family for quite awhile Marcus Allen also coming this year. He didn't play with us but we played against him at Henry Wise. Funny my little brother doesn't like the guy and I love him.

I always root for former Penn State guys, any Navy guy that makes and some Maryland players. There are also guys like Big Ben, or Peyton that I like and I am forgetting some. Being a Penn State fan I saw a lot of Cousin's when he was at Mich State and liked him a lot I am not going to stop now because the FO screwed up.

Largely we do root for the logo. I actually think Smith was a good move if they were going to let Cousin's go I think it was mostly a good move so I will root for the guy. Scandrick too, I wouldn't have been in favor of the move but I will root for him.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was definitely good, and if you watched the Skins/Boys games, you know that. But at 31 - coming off his worst season and being injury-prone... this isn't the kind of signing I'm happy with. If the Skins keep signing injury-prone players, they better not whine if they get injured.

I'm glad somebody remembers him being good. I don't remember him being good. I think I remember him getting burned repeatedly when the Redskins played the cowboys, but I'm not positive.

Anyway, a mediocre signing that doesn't help that much.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thrift shop operation still in tact

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if a rookie beats out scandrick or a another player that said player has to be good but this signing is meh to me but money wise its great and should not be mad at this move .. And NO this is not a move that bruce said we need a starting cb lets get scandrick look at contract its borderline just a camp body or competiton

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who said the choice was to overpay for scrubs ? the long deal is a team friendly deal with only 6 mil guaranteed. we cant afford that ?

arent we trying to win a superbowl ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if a rookie beats out scandrick or a another player that said player has to be good but this signing is meh to me but money wise its great and should not be mad at this move .. And NO this is not a move that bruce said we need a starting cb lets get scandrick look at contract its borderline just a camp body or competiton
our HC gruden says we need 6 cbs , we have 5 . scandrick isnt a camp body . he will play a role

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our HC gruden says we need 6 cbs , we have 5 . scandrick isnt a camp body . he will play a role

Ok. So what are you proposing? We have six $5 mill+ APY CBs on our roster?

I don’t mean to sound like a complete smartass, but I’m not sure where you are going with this. We can’t fill and pay the roster with stud starters and backups. You know this. The Scandrick deal is low $$$ low risk. It’s a good deal for a benchwarmer who might be needed here and there. There is practically nothing guaranteed in his deal.

We didn’t want Long and he really wasn’t all that special. He has injury problems and Roullier played well at Long’s natural position. Spencer was not a vital piece in helping this team win a SB.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t mean to sound like a complete smartass, but I’m not sure where you are going with this. We can’t fill and pay the roster with stud starters and backups. You know this. The Scandrick deal is low $$$ low risk. It’s a good deal for a benchwarmer who might be needed here and there.

We didn’t want Long and he really wasn’t all that special. He has injury problems and Roullier played well at Long’s natural position. Spencer was not a vital piece in helping this team win a SB.

cmon vt Long and TM were studs and we had to sign them back at overpaid deals. lol

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t mean to sound like a complete smartass, but I’m not sure where you are going with this. We can’t fill and pay the roster with stud starters and backups. You know this. The Scandrick deal is low $$$ low risk. It’s a good deal for a benchwarmer who might be needed here and there. There is practically nothing guaranteed in his deal.

where am i going with this ? we are worse at the position then we were last season right now kujo and catilina are our starting OGs . long is better then both roullier has potential but before i break out the anointing oil i need to see more then a handful of starts and him staying healthy as well

the guys we allowed to leave wouldnt have broken the bank (KC is not in this conversation ) but we lost 4 legit players without an equal to or proven replacements

so far this team has taken a step or 2 backwards

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we'll end up needing at least 5 CB's for significant PT. Most teams have a base 3 WR set, so ya basically need 3 starting CB's, and they'll all need some rest, and ya gotta figure on a couple of injuries. But yes, the Skins were smart in limiting their risk on the Scandrick deal.