• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sark wants 30 mill from usc

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fired for disability. Lol

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many normal people get fired for drug and alcohol abuse?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that showing up drunk to work and company functions is cause for termination.
This just makes him look worse than he already does

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he's still drunk??

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's mentally disabled if he thinks that ploy has a snowball's chance in hell of working

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
getting drunk at the dinner function and making a rediculous speech is one thing but the showing up to games and practices is another.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark may have a case.

If USC has a policy in place for the structured treatment of people suspected of chemical or substance abuse and they did not follow that for Sark, he could win.

*Insert quote about entitled millenial here*

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news Edonidd wants $30 million from USC too.
And from the other Pac 12 schools.
and the other USC.
and pretty much any other school, institution, government facility, or privately funded group or individual that can afford to give me $30 million.

Melman

DA BEARS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,046.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure that showing up drunk to work and company functions is cause for termination.
This just makes him look worse than he already does

This type of stuff won't be lost on schools looking for coaches or coaches looking for assistants. All Sark is doing is attaching a Warning label to his resume with this nonsense.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This type of stuff won't be lost on schools looking for coaches or coaches looking for assistants. All Sark is doing is attaching a Warning label to his resume with this nonsense.
A warning label on top of the huge red flag that was already stapled to his head.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many normal people get fired for drug and alcohol abuse?
This will be an interesting case but I'm not sure we know enough about it yet to make a determination. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, you cannot be fired for going to rehab. If you are caught doing drugs or drinking on the job, your employer would be well within his rights to terminate your employment. However, legally you cannot be terminated because of your time spent in treatment.

So if USC fired him because he had a drinking problem and was seeking treatment -- they violated the law. If USC has proof that he was drinking on the job and that's why they fired him, they would be well within their rights. I guess it depends on who has more proof. Because prior to him being fired the rumors were that he was headed to rehab for a while.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets 30 mil, I bet he personally throws his resume in the garbage

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suggest USC do something like what we did many years ago when a former employee (who we had quietly fired for selling confidential company information) threatened to sue us for discrimination. She was definitely a looker and she was our own version of Sharon Stone. But suddenly she was going to sue me and two of our senior executives for repeatedly making obscene overtures to her and for one of the senior officers fondling her numerous times. It was all BS. I asked her to come to our office to discuss a potential solution "so this doesn't hurt all of us". She was feeling quite smug sitting in the conference room when the meeting started until I smiled and told her I was looking forward to the trial. I made it plain that if she filed a suit there was no way in hell we would settle the case. It would be an all out war complete with aggressive depositions and I looked forward to seeing her on the witness stand under cross examination. We were particularly looking forward to her husband sitting in the courtroom getting to hear all the testimony. It took her less than 10 minutes to get up and walk out. We never heard from her again. They need to tell Sark he better get a good night's sleep before he gets up on that witness stand. He would drop it.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be an interesting case but I'm not sure we know enough about it yet to make a determination. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, you cannot be fired for going to rehab. If you are caught doing drugs or drinking on the job, your employer would be well within his rights to terminate your employment. However, legally you cannot be terminated because of your time spent in treatment.

So if USC fired him because he had a drinking problem and was seeking treatment -- they violated the law. If USC has proof that he was drinking on the job and that's why they fired him, they would be well within their rights. I guess it depends on who has more proof. Because prior to him being fired the rumors were that he was headed to rehab for a while.
Yeah, it started as he was put on leave to attend rehab. Maybe they made that distinction until they were sure they could prove he was drunk on the job. Though, based on the reports, that shouldn't be hard to prove...

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he gets 30 mil, I bet he personally throws his resume in the garbage
If he gets 30 Mil, I bet Grey Goose and Cooks Light have a record month.