• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sandusky Victim: Joe Paterno Talked to Me, Told Me to Drop Abuse Accusation

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First mention of direct contact between Joe Paterno and a victim. From CNN, disturbing account:

Victim A says he was hitchhiking when Sandusky picked him up, bought him beer, gave him pot -- and then attacked him as he was standing at a urinal in a Penn State bathroom.

"I felt his presence behind me," he said. "I felt his left knee on the back of my knee, and his arms went around me, grabbing my ..." he trails off. "He said, 'Let me help you with this.'"

Victim A said he jerked his head back, hitting Sandusky in the jaw. His head started bleeding and they both fell to the floor.

"Then there was a wrestling session," he says. "And I lost. One thing led to another and the crime happened."

[...]

He found himself on the phone with two men from Penn State.

"I tell them what happened -- well, I couldn't get it out of me that I was -- I can't even tell it to this day. It's just degrading -- that I was raped," he said.

"I told the story up to a certain point. I told them that he grabbed me and that I got the hell out of there."
He insisted that he "made it very clear" it was a sexual attack.

"I made it clear there were things done to me that I just can't believe could have been done to me and I couldn't escape. I said, 'I'm very upset and scared and I couldn't believe I let my guard down.' They listened to me. And then all hell broke loose.

"They were asking me my motive, why I would say this about someone who has done so many good things."

They accused him of making it up. "'Stop this right now! We'll call the authorities,'" he said they told him.
Victim A says he couldn't think. "I just wanted to get off the phone."

The men on the phone had introduced themselves as Jim and Joe, he said. He had no idea who Jim was, and can't, to this day, say for sure.

"There was no question in my mind who Joe was," he said. "I've heard that voice a million times. It was Joe Paterno."

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting confused which thread I kept throwing up in?

UM Fire

The man, the myth, the legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true, it's sickening.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post confuses me. Joe did this too, or was that just him on the phone?

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First mention of direct contact between Joe Paterno and a victim. From CNN, disturbing account:

Victim A says he was hitchhiking when Sandusky picked him up, bought him beer, gave him pot -- and then attacked him as he was standing at a urinal in a Penn State bathroom.

"I felt his presence behind me," he said. "I felt his left knee on the back of my knee, and his arms went around me, grabbing my ..." he trails off. "He said, 'Let me help you with this.'"

Victim A said he jerked his head back, hitting Sandusky in the jaw. His head started bleeding and they both fell to the floor.

"Then there was a wrestling session," he says. "And I lost. One thing led to another and the crime happened."

[...]

He found himself on the phone with two men from Penn State.

"I tell them what happened -- well, I couldn't get it out of me that I was -- I can't even tell it to this day. It's just degrading -- that I was raped," he said.

"I told the story up to a certain point. I told them that he grabbed me and that I got the hell out of there."
He insisted that he "made it very clear" it was a sexual attack.

"I made it clear there were things done to me that I just can't believe could have been done to me and I couldn't escape. I said, 'I'm very upset and scared and I couldn't believe I let my guard down.' They listened to me. And then all hell broke loose.

"They were asking me my motive, why I would say this about someone who has done so many good things."

They accused him of making it up. "'Stop this right now! We'll call the authorities,'" he said they told him.
Victim A says he couldn't think. "I just wanted to get off the phone."

The men on the phone had introduced themselves as Jim and Joe, he said. He had no idea who Jim was, and can't, to this day, say for sure.

"There was no question in my mind who Joe was," he said. "I've heard that voice a million times. It was Joe Paterno."

Damn ! I guess they should just dig Paterno up, prosecute the cadaver and put it in prison

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn ! I guess they should just dig Paterno up, prosecute the cadaver and put it in prison
The bastard didn't go to prison, the least he could do is have his legacy ruined beyond repair. Not nearly what he deserves or deserved I should say.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's amazing is the decades of this behavior and the lengths to which Paterno tollerated it. Including knowing Jerry like raping boys and letting him run a charity that's main purpose was to get him more potential r*pe material.

I mean, how could their friendship be that strong and unconditional that you turn a blind eye and even worse, help to sweep it under the rug for that long. Its not like this happened one time. Joe was aware of multiple events and didn't do jack. Its truly cultish behavior to allow this to continue for years.

By the 1980s, the culture of celebs and others being able to freely hook up with teenagers without legal repercussions was completely done. The laws and sentences of child molesters and below age of consent all changed drastically.

What the hell was going on in the head of Paterno to allow and help cover this all up for that long. How could Paeterno not realize his actions were enabling a child rapist to add more victims to the matter.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a second....shouldn't we all r*pe the corpse in the asshole before putting it in prison?

It will probably get a disease while in there.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really shocked. A successful head coach with a squeaky clean image ended up being a phony that would tolerate anything as long as he was winning. I don't understand why everyone bought the whole JoePA garbage to begin with.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of Facebook posts from the "source" in these allegations where he rambles nonsensically. The one that has been pretty widely spread sees him accusing a "fascist" hotel of sending multiple spies to his house to confiscate his newspapers.

It's amazing how people are willing to believe crazies when it comes to the Joe Paterno story, even when it defies all logic.

Maybe JoePa was awful and covered up crimes, but in the five years since this story broke, nothing remotely has validated that conclusion.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of Facebook posts from the "source" in these allegations where he rambles nonsensically. The one that has been pretty widely spread sees him accusing a "fascist" hotel of sending multiple spies to his house to confiscate his newspapers.

Really? If these Facebook posts exist, provide links to prove it. Otherwise, GTFO.

Last edited:

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe JoePa was awful and covered up crimes, but in the five years since this story broke, nothing remotely has validated that conclusion.
I have never doubted that Joe Paterno knew at least as of 1998. I remember in 1999 when Sandusky went from "Head Coach in Waiting" to "Retired." It made no sense to me at the time, but was obvious what had happened after the story of McQuiery and the shower came out. The fact that Sandusky was still allowed use of facilities after that, is to me, ultimately damning.

Does it make it worse if he knew before 1998? Yes. Would it make it okay if he didn't know before 1998? Absolutely not. Joe Paterno fucked up in this situation to an extent that is simply not forgivable.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? If these Facebook posts exist, provide links to prove it. Otherwise, GTFO.

This is the Facebook post in question. He says he is close friends to "Victim A" and that "Victim A" told him about Paterno's knowledge in the 1970s. He has been quoted by several major news sources, including CNN. He is the only name publicly linked to this allegation.