• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

San Francisco and the 7 Dwarves

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Im looking at this correctly, CJ Stroud has won 7 of his last 9 that he has played. Stroud is #1 in passing yards per game this season and is only throwing an INT with 1% of his passes which is best in the NFL. Yards per catch is 2nd behind Purdy.

Houston honestly has a pretty good chance of making some noise

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In terms of DVOA rankings, the Ravens are 4th in offense and 1st in Defense. Niners are 1st in offense and 4th in defense. They're both pretty darn complete when healthy.

If both teams have their run game taken away from them for a game in the playoffs, I trust SF to handle that and pass out of it a little more than the Ravens.

Lamar has been great. But he has topped 250 passing yards per game only like 5 times this season. They just dont have the WR talent to handle a situation if they cant run the football because the other team is stopping them or they fall behind.

But of course Purdy is also more likely than Lamar to fold and make the big mistake in those games too. So it probably evens out in the end I suppose.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Im looking at this correctly, CJ Stroud has won 7 of his last 9 that he has played. Stroud is #1 in passing yards per game this season and is only throwing an INT with 1% of his passes which is best in the NFL. Yards per catch is 2nd behind Purdy.

Houston honestly has a pretty good chance of making some noise

Ravens in Baltimore though. We've seen this script already this year, but in week one by an obviously much greener Stroud.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The field.

Mainly the Ravens though.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're being honest they are the best team of the 21st century
I’m not being sarcastic though. In a year where it seems like everyone has warts, the Niners seemingly don’t have them when healthy. We usually do the NBA in our convos together so I’ll go there. The Niners are like that squad with a top 5 offensive rating and a top 5 defensive rating and therefore the best net rating in the league. As long as they stay healthy, they’re the most complete team in the league. They can win games in so many ways which means that they can matchup well with whatever gets put in front of them.

Many will cite the Ravens head to head. For me, that’s one game among 17 and really not emblematic because of the anomaly of turnovers when they showed all year an ability to take care of the football. I think in a rematch they have an upper hand because of that first contest actually.

They’re the best team in the league this year, in my opinion. I think most here would agree with that opinion.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If both teams have their run game taken away from them for a game in the playoffs, I trust SF to handle that and pass out of it a little more than the Ravens.

Lamar has been great. But he has topped 250 passing yards per game only like 5 times this season. They just dont have the WR talent to handle a situation if they cant run the football because the other team is stopping them or they fall behind.

But of course Purdy is also more likely than Lamar to fold and make the big mistake in those games too. So it probably evens out in the end I suppose.
Yeah, the script to beat either team is to get them in a high scoring game probably. Niners in general IIRC have had some issues with elite passing attacks but this season there aren't many. Part of the reason the Ravens have been scary has been that they've been good on special teams and elite on defense. If the defense somehow gets exposed, get Lamar out of rhythm...maybe a different ballgame.

I will say that both Love and Stroud have the chance to really elevate themselves into that superstar tier this weekend

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not being sarcastic though. In a year where it seems like everyone has warts, the Niners seemingly don’t have them when healthy. We usually do the NBA in our convos together so I’ll go there. The Niners are like that squad with a top 5 offensive rating and a top 5 defensive rating and therefore the best net rating in the league. As long as they stay healthy, they’re the most complete team in the league. They can win games in so many ways which means that they can matchup well with whatever gets put in front of them.

Many will cite the Ravens head to head. For me, that’s one game among 17 and really not emblematic because of the anomaly of turnovers when they showed all year an ability to take care of the football. I think in a rematch they have an upper hand because of that first contest actually.

They’re the best team in the league this year, in my opinion. I think most here would agree with that opinion.
Well said...the jinx factor is just a bonus!

Ravens are pretty close though. If that's the matchup it's a tossup IMO

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can definitely understand why you would prefer to talk about a possible future matchup instead of an actual game that happened where the Ravens curb stomped them in there house.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine a single fan of the Ravens, Texans, Bills or Chiefs are thinking about the Niners at all right now. Whoever survives that gauntlet is going to be confident AF

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine a single fan of the Ravens, Texans, Bills or Chiefs are thinking about the Niners at all right now. Whoever survives that gauntlet is going to be confident AF
As they should be. In the parity ruled league, no team is unbeatable in the playoffs. All these teams are good enough to win with some breaks.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners are my pick to win the Super Bowl, but you really never know how things will play out in the postseason. I think the Niners have the most complete team, but I’m not counting anyone out.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF definitely has the easiest path to the SB. The Lions would put up a fight against them if the game was in Detroit, but don't stand much of a chance away from home. Staying healthy over these next two games will be the 49ers' biggest challenge.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hard for me to pick against either #1 seed though I'm not going to say either one are unbeatable or anything like that.

But it's a case that not only are they talented and the best teams of their respective conferences I think giving them a bye week to rest gives them an even bigger advantage. Can't speak for the Ravens but can speak for the 9ers that the bye week pretty much will allow them to get guys injured and banged up fully healthy and right now pretty much everyone is expected to practice this week and play in the game.

It's hard to get a feel for the Texans, Packers, and Buccaneers because while they earned their wins they were boosted by the opposing teams meltdowns and they won't likely being seeing meltdowns like that in the divisional.

Chiefs, Bills, Lions all played good this past weekend but it wasn't at that level of "Crap these guys are peaking so I hope we don't see them"

But as I've said multiple times in multiple threads that every team in the playoffs is at least good and in the NFL good teams are always capable of taking down any other good or great team in the playoffs. It's why the NFL (and March Madness) is so engrossing because of the one and done nature.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard for me to pick against either #1 seed though I'm not going to say either one are unbeatable or anything like that.

But it's a case that not only are they talented and the best teams of their respective conferences I think giving them a bye week to rest gives them an even bigger advantage. Can't speak for the Ravens but can speak for the 9ers that the bye week pretty much will allow them to get guys injured and banged up fully healthy and right now pretty much everyone is expected to practice this week and play in the game.

It's hard to get a feel for the Texans, Packers, and Buccaneers because while they earned their wins they were boosted by the opposing teams meltdowns and they won't likely being seeing meltdowns like that in the divisional.

Chiefs, Bills, Lions all played good this past weekend but it wasn't at that level of "Crap these guys are peaking so I hope we don't see them"

But as I've said multiple times in multiple threads that every team in the playoffs is at least good and in the NFL good teams are always capable of taking down any other good or great team in the playoffs. It's why the NFL (and March Madness) is so engrossing because of the one and done nature.
Specifically with the Chiefs, they were able to get a matchup where they didnt have to address any of the issues they've had all season because Miami isnt a cold weather team, couldn't do much on offense against a team taking Tyreek Hill away which I think most people figured the Chiefs had the defense to take one player away, and Miami's defense was so injured that the Chiefs were never really pressed to have their WRs make a play.

I think we'll really know more about the Bills and Chiefs when they play each other. Not sure the Steelers defense really gave Josh Allen much trouble, either. Its hard to really say 1 seeds should look at either team differently after a win.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can definitely understand why you would prefer to talk about a possible future matchup instead of an actual game that happened where the Ravens curb stomped them in there house.
I don’t have a dog in this fight. I’m an Eagles fan.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bills-Niners - Niners win it