• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Samsung Halts Galaxy Note 7 Production After Replacement Phones Blow Up Too

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the scary part, they have engineers that I'm sure are making 200-300k a year.

Samsung is a huge multi-billion generating conglomerate, but this is going to do damage...the phone DIV could go the way of the hover board if they don't find a real cause and fix soon.
Their phone division is one of their largest and makes a huge portion of their revenues. They aren't going anywhere anytime soon and the rest of the S7 line is top notch.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their phone division is one of their largest and makes a huge portion of their revenues. They aren't going anywhere anytime soon and the rest of the S7 line is top notch.

As long as the rest of the phone line is still selling per norm...I agree.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a Samsung tablet for my daughter with a date plan, I wasn't quite ready to give her a phone yet. It's having an issue charging so we took it in for service a month ago. They decided it required a full warranty replacement, which obviously I thought I was ok with. They told me it would be ready in 2-3 days. 2 weeks later we went back in to see what was going on. They said Samsung has put all production on hold and the tablet is back ordered. We'll get it when we get it.

That was a month ago. Still paying for service on it every day. The guy said once I do get he tablet and we know exactly how long I was without service they will issue a credit for it obviously, "and then try to make it right from there." I don't know why I have to pay upfront, but as long as it gets taken care of satisfactorily I guess I'm ok.

But Samsung is quickly going down my list. I was going to get a note 7, now I guess I'll either get the Google pixel or the LG V20. So they lost that business. Doubt I'll go with a Samsung tablet next time either, this is getting rediculous.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a Samsung tablet for my daughter with a date plan, I wasn't quite ready to give her a phone yet. It's having an issue charging so we took it in for service a month ago. They decided it required a full warranty replacement, which obviously I thought I was ok with. They told me it would be ready in 2-3 days. 2 weeks later we went back in to see what was going on. They said Samsung has put all production on hold and the tablet is back ordered. We'll get it when we get it.

That was a month ago. Still paying for service on it every day. The guy said once I do get he tablet and we know exactly how long I was without service they will issue a credit for it obviously, "and then try to make it right from there." I don't know why I have to pay upfront, but as long as it gets taken care of satisfactorily I guess I'm ok.

But Samsung is quickly going down my list. I was going to get a note 7, now I guess I'll either get the Google pixel or the LG V20. So they lost that business. Doubt I'll go with a Samsung tablet next time either, this is getting rediculous.
If LG could fix their boot loop issues that plague their phones they would be solid competition on the Android side of things. Personally, I'm skeptical I'd get my moneys worth out of a LG phone and that is an issue for something priced as a premium product. That being said, the LGV20 is a neat device and the 2nd screen is pretty cool.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LG could fix their boot loop issues that plague their phones they would be solid competition on the Android side of things. Personally, I'm skeptical I'd get my moneys worth out of a LG phone and that is an issue for something priced as a premium product. That being said, the LGV20 is a pretty device and the 2nd screen is pretty cool.

I've actually had the v10 for a year now (removable battery was the absolute most important selling point to me). I actually don't even care for the second screen. I wish I could turn it off tbh. But my main issue now is the stupid removable battery I HAD to have is a pos. Its just loose enough that the phone will power off on some impacts. And I'm not talking drops from 10 feet, it will randomly be off occasionally from the jostling it gets in my pocket. When walking. Casually.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've actually had the v10 for a year now (removable battery was the absolute most important selling point to me). I actually don't even care for the second screen. I wish I could turn it off tbh. But my main issue now is the stupid removable battery I HAD to have is a pos. Its just loose enough that the phone will power off on some impacts. And I'm not talking drops from 10 feet, it will randomly be off occasionally from the jostling it gets in my pocket. When walking. Casually.
The variety of of Android phones is the main reason I'll never get another iPhone again. I love how some have removable batteries, expandable storage, and other personalization options. Normally I would at the very least like a microSD slot but with the Google Pixel they are offering unlimited picture and video storage. I don't think I'll be low on memory like I normally would be without that kind of offer.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Androids have too much variance in product quality. I'm just done getting burned. I'm on my second iPhone in 6 years or something. I couldn't get an android to last me 6 months and have a drawer full of the paperweights over the years.