• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sams 2 missed scoring oportunities....

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that earlier and its pretty spot on with the first one. Thats a throw that has to be made at the college level on up.

The 2nd one is still on Quick. Sam was doing back shoulder throws for much of the first half. Quick didnt 'make a reasonable attempt' at the ball. He very clearly jumped early and wasn't able to use his size to win the matchup.

And if he makes those throws, its still probably a 35-21 final score. The defense still wasnt going to make the Niners kick FGs

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if the Rams need a new QB we had better find them one...lol any suggestions draft or FA

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that earlier and its pretty spot on with the first one. Thats a throw that has to be made at the college level on up.

The 2nd one is still on Quick. Sam was doing back shoulder throws for much of the first half. Quick didnt 'make a reasonable attempt' at the ball. He very clearly jumped early and wasn't able to use his size to win the matchup.

And if he makes those throws, its still probably a 35-21 final score. The defense still wasnt going to make the Niners kick FGs

Not so fast, If Sam would have led him a little more, its a TD! Plain and simple. Picks like these in the red zone KILL confidence. If we would of scored on this play it would have gotten the crowd back into it. Who knows, maybe the defense would of gotten it together. They gave up after the crowd started booing. Question is did they completely give up on Sam? After all they are spending a lot of time on the field lately because of all of the 3 and outs.

A good/ accurate qb puts the ball out of reach of the defender. A lot of Sams passes are behind the wr making them come back and get it. After this pick the 49ers marched down the field and scored. Like the article states this a the type of pass you just cant underthrow and end result kill confidense. When we drafted Sam, all I remember hearing about was he has great accuracy. Well, where is it?? Sams time is running out.....

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think i liked the comments down at the bottom of the page, It had to be Sam's worst game to date. Now the question is can he settle down and finish the season, and will somebody with a pulse help him

Im tired of hearing excuses for Sam. Sure he needs help, BUT.....Sam needs to make something happen, He needs to execute. He needs to move the chains and to keep our defense off the field. We are losing the time of possesion battle bigtime.

Time of Possesion
Cowboys- 33:28
Rams- 26:32

49ers-31:45
Rams-28:15 11 punts??? WTF??

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2nd pass is on Bradford. You don't throw 50-50 jump balls on 3rd down when you're in FG range. Throw it away. Make a better decision, throw that pass on 4th down, or kick the FG. Throwing that pass was bad all-round. It was into double coverage on a 1 receiver route. Bradford threw Quick a similar jump ball last year and Quick didn't fight for it then either. That pass was also picked and Quick didn't hustle to make the tackle. Bad call, bad personnel choice, and bad pass.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly Fastforward. My thoughts exactly. Also, Sam plays with little emotion. He does what he is told and says nothing after a play. He does not get too high or too low. He has little leadership qualities because you don't necessarily have to play with emotion but then, like all great por's, you lead by example. His under/over throwing passes does little for team confidence and leadership goes right down the toilet. He has that Mark Bulger look and style of play and we all know how that turned out.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mistake. They ran a fly to the other side as well. If Bradford is going to throw that pass he has to pick single coverage.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Retroram52, I can live without Bradford becoming emotional. My issue with him is that he won't throw out plays that he's not happy with or that he doesn't think will work. I don't mind if we run the ball on every play. Bradford was out there talking to the guys and seeing what was happening. It was obvious we weren't going to get anywhere slamming Richardson and/or Cunningham into the line and it shouldn't have taken 16 failures before we stopped. I can understand the OC looking at his charts and making bad decisions based on perceived balance. Bradford has to have some idea which plays might work instead. Call the play with a trap block. Run it as a sprint draw. Call an inside screen instead of a hand-off. That's the leadership issue I have with him. Mistakes and missed assignments can be sorted out in the film room.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone think of someone that can come in and hold Sam's hand?

And it's not just this... It's his decisions too, his toughness, vision, leadership, etc.

Anyone ever seen Samantha throw a block? Get aggressive at all?

I saw him purposely run away from a defender, when his RB cut back to the outside. All he had to do was try to take out the DL man's legs.

He's a little bitch Samantha is. The light is just not on people.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick should be expected to make that play and Bradford should be expected to make that throw. It wasn't double coverage. Quick had him beat and if the throw is decent, its a TD or if Quick even remotely times his jump, its a catch.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is such an aversion to scoring TDs with this team (because they do so RARELY, especially in the first quarter) in the red-zone, that they literally have a psychosomatic reaction and eff things up before they actually complete and catch a TD pass.

The pass to Pettis in the first quarter of teh Niners game required just a split second more focus and release as Pettis was all alone for that split second. Bradford freaked and threw short and Pettis was turning to the wrong side as well. Result-Incompletion and a missed opportunity for a TD.

If I were Fisher, I'd line 'em in practice in the redzone and make them throw a TD pass until they are sick of it. Then they might actually perform the pitching and catching in a more routine fashion.