• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sam and Fisher taking a lot of heat.....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. SJ76 would be proud. This article echos everything he has been stating all along.

DK7000

Busting Posey's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I can't take that site seriously, even if SI bought it.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been 1 of Sam Bradfords biggest supporters since day 1 and to be honest im just giving up on the Guy... He has the physical talent but the intangibles are just not there. Hes not a leader what so ever.. he looks like he dosen't even want to be playing half the time.. and He just makes some of the dumbest decisions with the ball.. I hope ST Louis trades him for any sort of value in the offseason and goes after there franchise QB.. Their is alot of talent at QB in the 2014 draft

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a good time for Fisher to go to USC. Not much love in this article for Sam.

It's Officially Time for the Rams to Consider Replacing Sam Bradford | Bleacher Report

This article is all over the place. It first says it's Brian s fault, then it's Fishers fault, then it's Bradford's fault....Reporters are becoming more and more like politicians, blanket statements and opinions but no real conclusion.
I agree that some thing needs to change whether it's the OC / offensive philosophy or actual players. But first, how about teaching these WR's how to catch a ball, show Schotty there are more than 3 routes in a WR's playbook, teach our overpaid Oline how to read when they dline is stunting, how to run block, maybe knock the poopoo face off bradfords chipmunk face and actually be a leader like he's paid to be.

I'm so over the excuses with this team....I don't mind losing, I mind the fashion that it's done in. If we have a season like we did over the last couple of years I might have to become a fair-weather Packers fan. At least they're competitive. :lame:

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article is all over the place. It first says it's Brian s fault, then it's Fishers fault, then it's Bradford's fault....Reporters are becoming more and more like politicians, blanket statements and opinions but no real conclusion.
I agree that some thing needs to change whether it's the OC / offensive philosophy or actual players. But first, how about teaching these WR's how to catch a ball, show Schotty there are more than 3 routes in a WR's playbook, teach our overpaid Oline how to read when they dline is stunting, how to run block, maybe knock the poopoo face off bradfords chipmunk face and actually be a leader like he's paid to be.

I'm so over the excuses with this team....I don't mind losing, I mind the fashion that it's done in. If we have a season like we did over the last couple of years I might have to become a fair-weather Packers fan. At least they're competitive. :lame:

I just want to see at the very least some accountability or better yet some azz kicking. I see the same mistakes every week on special teams and nothing is done. And what's with Austin standing there surveying the field before he takes off on a punt return. This isn't college it's the NFL, the players are bigger and faster, catch the ball and go. The o-line has played soft, especially against the run and Sam needs to be the leader of this team. This "oh golly gee we didn't get a first down" look as he leaves the field has to go. I remember a play against Dallas where the throw was made to the sideline where it should have been but Givens turned in and the throw fell incomplete. Bradfor just sort of looked at him and shrugged then walked to the sideline. Show some fire Sam. The defense has been soft and the tackling has been poor. I prefer to see an attacking defense as opposed to the "bend but don't break" philosophy. In the end it all comes down to Fisher because it's his team. I'd like to see him start kicking some butt or benching guys who aren't performing. I expected much more from this team than I am seeing.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to see at the very least some accountability or better yet some azz kicking. I see the same mistakes every week on special teams and nothing is done. And what's with Austin standing there surveying the field before he takes off on a punt return. This isn't college it's the NFL, the players are bigger and faster, catch the ball and go. The o-line has played soft, especially against the run and Sam needs to be the leader of this team. This "oh golly gee we didn't get a first down" look as he leaves the field has to go. I remember a play against Dallas where the throw was made to the sideline where it should have been but Givens turned in and the throw fell incomplete. Bradfor just sort of looked at him and shrugged then walked to the sideline. Show some fire Sam. The defense has been soft and the tackling has been poor. I prefer to see an attacking defense as opposed to the "bend but don't break" philosophy. In the end it all comes down to Fisher because it's his team. I'd like to see him start kicking some butt or benching guys who aren't performing. I expected much more from this team than I am seeing.

Kind of hard to argue with you. However, I will say I'm sure Fisher and Co. are trying their best to fix the mistakes on ST. It's hard to fix those mistakes because what's happening is these players are mostly rookies or 2nd year players on ST and the reason why they're committing penalties is because they're getting beat. You can blame the coaches for having so many young players on ST but in the long run it will pay off IF these guys turn out to be good players. We have to remember we have the youngest team in NFL history, not just this year. Sure Snead and Fisher are to blame for this team having no identity. Last year we were smash mouth football and for the most part if we added a couple players that fit that personnel but we completely changed our philosophy in the off season, which I just don't get.

Lost FA's that fit the smash mouth mold
Turner - good Center, ok Guard but was a tough guy that fit Fishers motto.
Mikell - Great run stopper - had a good knack for making plays
Dahl - not that great of a safety but i will say he's better than McLeod in coverage. At least he was around the ball.
SJ39 - One of the greats. Yes he's lost a step and he has a hard time staying on the field but splitting time with him and Richardson proved to be a great combo.

Players we replaced them with
Williams - Hardly a smash mouth player, he gets ran over by LB's it's disgusting
Mcdonald - Seems ok so far for a rookie. Sucks he got hurt. But has proven needs work in coverage
McLeod - So far Im not impressed.
Cunningham/Stacy - I'm not sure what they were thinking with these player. Run by committee approach? These guys just aint steven jackson.

I guess Fisher and Snead thought these guys could be easily replaced. Well were mistaken, whats even more mind boggling is they replaced them with people who are either unknown commodities or cut players from other teams. Sounds like they got a little too cocky in thinking they could coach up anyone.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of hard to argue with you. However, I will say I'm sure Fisher and Co. are trying their best to fix the mistakes on ST. It's hard to fix those mistakes because what's happening is these players are mostly rookies or 2nd year players on ST and the reason why they're committing penalties is because they're getting beat. You can blame the coaches for having so many young players on ST but in the long run it will pay off IF these guys turn out to be good players. We have to remember we have the youngest team in NFL history, not just this year. Sure Snead and Fisher are to blame for this team having no identity. Last year we were smash mouth football and for the most part if we added a couple players that fit that personnel but we completely changed our philosophy in the off season, which I just don't get.

Dahl - not that great of a safety but i will say he's better than McLeod in coverage. At least he was around the ball.
SJ39 - One of the greats. Yes he's lost a step and he has a hard time staying on the field but splitting time with him and Richardson proved to be a great combo.

Williams - Hardly a smash mouth player, he gets ran over by LB's it's disgusting
Mcdonald - Seems ok so far for a rookie. Sucks he got hurt. But has proven needs work in coverage
Cunningham/Stacy - I'm not sure what they were thinking with these player. Run by committee approach? These guys just aint steven jackson.

I guess Fisher and Snead thought these guys could be easily replaced. Well were mistaken, whats even more mind boggling is they replaced them with people who are either unknown commodities or cut players from other teams. Sounds like they got a little too cocky in thinking they could coach up anyone.

Good analysis. You made some great points.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's only cocky if it doesn't work out in the long run. They are behind the curve this year no doubt however the odds makers have us as huge underdogs to win the Super Bowl. So with that in mind, continue to coach up, find answers to ST, penalties, third downs both offense and defensively and see where we are by seasons end. I still think this game coming up is not a done deal however if it turns our way I'll look for this game to give these guys some confidence back. I really would have liked the schedule makers to stick this game in right after Arizona and who knows 2-0 could have lead to 3-2 or better now best we can do is 2-3 and worse 1-4. I hope it's the former or this board is going to get real ugly! :lol:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been 1 of Sam Bradfords biggest supporters since day 1 and to be honest im just giving up on the Guy...
I'm not ready yet. We'd be Jacksonville without Bradford. We'd actually have to replace him with someone

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are playing as if they are afraid to do anything. The coaches coach scared and the players play scared. Get on the attack and kick some ass. Stop playing the what if game (what if he throws it away...what if he fumbles...what if the line can't hold). Grow a pair Shott and Sam...WAKE THE F UP!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got balls Sam?

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'd buy it... if the rest of the team/coaching staff wasn't woefully underperforming.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as Bradford playing has been bad, the play calling is not good either. I was never fond of Schottenheimer as our OC.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as Bradford playing has been bad, the play calling is not good either. I was never fond of Schottenheimer as our OC.

That's what I've been saying all year. They play calling is bad, the running game is more than bad and Sam has been mediocre at best.

LTR1961

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford's the easy target... But, I think this article is a lot more telling.

(I distinctly remember watching the second play against the 'Niners that they discuss, with utter disbelief.)

Examining Tavon Austin's struggles with St. Louis Rams | Audibles - SI.com

Nice find with that article. I think most fans realize it's not all on Sam but with that being said he can play better. The most telling photos were on the screen pass with 3 Rams blockers on 2 Niner players plus the safety on that side was deep. That play should have gone for big yards. If 3 guys can't block 2 players they have much bigger problems than Bradfor or Austin.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If 3 guys can't block 2 players they have much bigger problems than Bradfor or Austin.

Agreed 100%. I don't think it's a Sam Bradford, or a Tavon Austin thing... I think it's an everybody thing. The marquee guys are the easy targets. But, as evidenced here, if players don't execute, then nobody wins.

It's equally frustrating to see when a speedy back like Daryl Richardson gets bottled up on a pitch/sweep, because, apparently no one on the Rams roster understands what "sealing the edge" means. Or, even worse, like in the San Francisco game, when the guy was met in the backfield on every... single... hand-off. I saw someone earlier mention that Richardson had no vision. "Vision" he's got. It's just tough to use when THIS becomes a recurring theme behind the line of scrimmage.

628x471.jpg

It's an execution thing, people. I'm not a fan of Schottenheimer's offense either. But, even if the playbook is "vanilla", that doesn't excuse players from doing their jobs. Sure... a boring playbook isn't going to win you a lot of games, but the Rams should, at the very least, should be able to execute it without looking like a complete dumpster fire. A bunch of chimps in helmets would have at least found a way to even stumble across the goal line about as often as the Rams have, thus far.

NOBODY'S performing. And that's what's got to change. Blaming Bradford is just plain lazy.:lame: