• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saints self destructing.....

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You're the one who said the niners would be better with Palmer than Smith. Lol

Really? Find it.

The only mention of Carson by me...

Palmer won't even become available for it to be possible.

And that was in response to grad bringing him up.

Unless of course you're bringing up conversations from other threads. In which case my response is the same: how pathetic must you be to have to bring Carson up in a thread where I'm solely discussing Smith's abilities right after a game he played. Am I really that far under your skin?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer won't even become available for it to be possible. Nonetheless, Alex Smith had a helluva 2 drives at the end of the game, but anyone that watched the game before then knows that QB is easily their biggest weakness. There are probably 20 QB's in the league that would be a better fit. Unless they magically win the SB this year or possibly even get to the SB, the Niners will likely covet one of those QB's, if one becomes available. Unfortunately for them, there aren't many good QBs that appear to be available this year (Orton is the only one that comes to mind right now).

I liken the situation to what Denver has going on. Had Oakland beat San Diego and Denver missed the playoffs, Elway would have aggressively sought another QB, via draft or FA. Maybe even drafted one early. Had Tebow sucked against the Steelers, probably the same outcome since the Broncos would have lost 4 in a row. But with that one magical game by Tebow resulting in this unexpected run, to their inconvenience, it'll be very difficult to justify starting anyone other than Tebow next season. The Niners are treading that line right now with Smith.

Rey says there are 20 qb's in the league that would make the Niners a better team right now. I assume he's lumping his mancrush into that group.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh, I see. You want to not be held accountable for what you say in other threads. No wonder you make so many hypocritical posts.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I still stand by what I said. Carson is a much better QB than Smith and it isn't close.

But this isn't about Carson. This is about Smith. And always had been until you guys started basing your responses based on what you thought about Carson saying stuff like:

YPA is meaningless to me. INT/attempt, TD/INT ratio, are both better indicators of QB success than YPA or yards total.

Which is asinine. And the ONLY reason you're making that argument is to back your opinion that Smith is better than Carson. You're biased. My thoughts in this thread are based on what I think of Smith relative to the entire league, not just Carson. You see how you might make yourself look foolish by making a debate about something it isn't, and that out of nowhere...?

Again, am I under your skin that much? That would be the equivalent of making this about Tebow because you in another thread mentioned how Tebow sucks and his stats despite being great were only good based on Tebow standards. See how ridiculous that would be...?

Last edited by a moderator:

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No, I brought up Carson because you said smith didn't give them a good chance against the saints. Never once did I say Alex Smith was a great QB. I said he ha a great year an was obviously a good fit for the team and it would be idiotic to replace him with a turnOver machine in Palmer. No smart GM would trade Smith for Palmer in that system. Your contention that it out of nowhere is just a response to defend yourself since you were proven wrong. The only one looking foolish here is you. You want people to believe that Pick-6 Palmer is better than a guy whose team went 13-3 and who rarely turned the ball over. As for the rest of the league, yeah there are better QBs. Duh. I never said otherwise. Your attempt to imply that I think he's better than Eli or Rivers is laughable yet sad. However, I've come to be used to your poor attempts at misdirection and deflection.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I still stand by what I said. Carson is a much better QB than Smith and it isn't close.

But this isn't about Carson. This is about Smith. And always had been until you guys started basing your responses based on what you thought about Carson saying stuff like:

YPA is meaningless to me. INT/attempt, TD/INT ratio, are both better indicators of QB success than YPA or yards total.

Which is asinine. And the ONLY reason you're making that argument is to back your opinion that Smith is better than Carson. You're biased. My thoughts in this thread are based on what I think of Smith relative to the entire league, not just Carson. You see how you might make yourself look foolish by making a debate about something it isn't, and that out of nowhere...?

Again, am I under your skin that much? That would be the equivalent of making this about Tebow because you in another thread mentioned how Tebow sucks and his stats despite being great were only good based on Tebow standards. See how ridiculous that would be...?

Also, if I had made a direct connection in another thread between Tebow and Smith, then yes, it would be applicable.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No, I brought up Carson because you said smith didn't give them a good chance against the saints. Never once did I say Alex Smith was a great QB. I said he ha a great year an was obviously a good fit for the team and it would be idiotic to replace him with a turnOver machine in Palmer. No smart GM would trade Smith for Palmer in that system. Your contention that it out of nowhere is just a response to defend yourself since you were proven wrong. The only one looking foolish here is you. You want people to believe that Pick-6 Palmer is better than a guy whose team went 13-3 and who rarely turned the ball over. As for the rest of the league, yeah there are better QBs. Duh. I never said otherwise. Your attempt to imply that I think he's better than Eli or Rivers is laughable yet sad. However, I've come to be used to your poor attempts at misdirection and deflection.

Wrong thread.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No such thing as wrong thread. Final point- your statement that Palmer was so much better than Smith that its not even close is the most hilarious thing I've ever read.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
anybody watching the Packers/Giants game? did i miss something on that fumble that was called down by contact?

7 pts in a playoff game

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
anybody watching the Packers/Giants game? did i miss something on that fumble that was called down by contact?

7 pts in a playoff game

Pretty mind boggling call. The only thing I can think of is the ref thought that while the ball did start moving prior to the receivers' butt/calf being down, that the receiver still had possession at that point. Essentially, natural movement of the ball along with the arm. That or the ref didn't think there was indisputable evidence that the arm wasn't moving along with the ball as it started shifting.

But to make matters worse, the ref came out and simply said the call stands with no explanation whatsoever.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But to make matters worse, the ref came out and simply said the call stands with no explanation whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

That's because he didn't have time to figure out an artificial explanation for why he was fucking the Giants....didn't matter, did it?

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Can anyone remember the last time a hail mary pass was actually completed in the endzone?

The only thing I can remember is 2 DB's pretty much trailing their 2 receivers going into the endzone and leisurely jogging down. Not that either of their 2 receivers caught the ball, but are you kidding, where else do you think the ball is going to be thrown? 1) How do you not hustle to the endzone knowing the more bodies in there, the less likely a completion, and 2) How are you not turned around looking for the ball in the first place. Overall, it was a pretty pathetic display of defense by the Packers.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone remember the last time a hail mary pass was actually completed in the endzone?

The only thing I can remember is 2 DB's pretty much trailing their 2 receivers going into the endzone and leisurely jogging down. Not that either of their 2 receivers caught the ball, but are you kidding, where else do you think the ball is going to be thrown? 1) How do you not hustle to the endzone knowing the more bodies in there, the less likely a completion, and 2) How are you not turned around looking for the ball in the first place. Overall, it was a pretty pathetic display of defense by the Packers.

Couldn't agree more.... I was saying the same thing right after it happened - I have NEVER seen a hail mary played so poorly. Or at least not at the pro level.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Packers better go into the offseason with the goal of fixing the defense. I think Donald Driver and JerMichael Finley are FAs. Driver isn't a necessity, but I know a lot of Packers fans are going to want them to sign Finley. He's going to cost a lot, and I think they'd benefit much more from spending that money on the other side of the ball. More pass rush help, and safety help is badly needed.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Usually, IF a hail mary is completed, it's on a deflection (think the Jacksonville play from last year), not on the fly.